Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let''s Play: The X-COM Files 0.5.2b Alpha! BLIND! ITS BAAAACK!!

Freddie

Savant
So Zombie apocalypse, squad of four and no grenades. Well, this is going to be interesting. :avatard:

So I've been thinking - how far should I take this LP? I don't spoil everyone with everything, I mainly did this LP for amusement, and because I want to promote Solarius Scorch's cool mod. Finish first cult arc? End of 1997? Of course there's a lot more stuff to add to the mod I'm sure, but I don't want to take that feeling of newness from anyone, you know what I mean?

Anyway, on to the episode!

Episode XXI.
Artic Night of the Living Dead

Last Episode, on the X-COM Files....

P0MABD.png

KILL IT KILL IT!
WO5okG.png

MotherMachinae gives the invisible zombies the what for!
What, you didn't know there were invisible zombies there? If you could see them, they would't be invisible anymore!

F9AH8Q.png

5GGIyh.png

MotherMachinae misses and hits a very visible zombie instead.
h1LEQt.png

Average Manatee decides to test how well uzi bursts do when fired into a horde of zombies! RATATATATATA
oL6A0Y.png

sAv6AY.png

DAMN THAT TREE
EN40B6.png

bfVh6W.png

RoauZD.png

f48gWa.png

hSoHf7.png

Plf4Ps.png

xvcxyZ.png

I bet he could have killed one of those if not for the trees in the front!
8rPhco.png

He does kill a invisible zombie standing in the back, near the darkness. You can't see it (its invisible!)

Our Mechanical Manslaughterer Modron applies the traditional oral remedy to zombie disease - a .12ga dose of buckshot lead, administered orally.
2Bjdyw.png

XnwHiT.png

Maybe we should up the dosage?

iiyGaM.png

"Hey humiez, we got a anal probe on the calibration. You can say a statement before procedure."
"I think not taking the Pancor Jackhammer shotgun and making more was a grave, grave mistake the american government made. They should have brought the patents and made them en-masse. They really compromised themselves ethically and civilizationally on that one"
"Gotcha human beyootch, its all recorded. Now gotta go, they got a grey on the deck."

kUNLQm.png

odoJy7.png

1EYTgv.png

Zombies are quite damn tough, that bitch just soaked two full-power magnum rounds like it was made of nothing

gEUJXc.png

Luckly, their AI is retarded and rather than swarming me en masse, they shuffle around half-heartedly.
og6Ftk.png

But we still have upwards of ten zombies surrounding our van and we can let the freaking Zombie Apocalypse overrun Greenland. Its like starting the plague on Madagascar first!
S0RaFo.png

I don't want to flee the Tiberium just to get eaten by zombies!
KpIEcd.png

oQ71zG.png

Desperately, we try to beat back the zombie onslaught and thank the Maker they're too retarded to swarm at us all at once
vLDBeO.png

o6n2Nt.png

aA2eiC.png

mPaL6Z.png

You can't see it, but we took down like four invisible zombies already.

eMUvvG.png

d2cCpY.png

WPr5yU.png

c684k4.png

bYWa6y.png

YcDuiF.png

Mipl1x.png

c557KR.png

EkWrvr.png

gQYRib.png

Azira spots one zombie too close for confort!
DP28Zq.png

lTIT4v.png

UkZbkn.png

Bom Cristo! Can't you people shoot straight?
fWVsyO.png

Too close! MotherMachinae gets his block and machete ready for close-combat!
HibBWz.png

z6dZXJ.png

qq1ZGj.png

my62PQ.png

AQot1l.png

efpN10.png

How do you miss something that close?!
Cx3lwK.png

1qCog5.png

:salute: MotherMachinae, first victim of the Zombie Apocalypse
Fun fact: The zombie that just ate MotherMachinae's brains is not the one you think it was. I guess, because it came from another direction. Should have watched our six.
OO8s48.png

J0S5b0.png

wOK3LV.png

:salute: Average Manatee II, you were literally average
JDYwz4.png

Now only two remain, and they decide that despite all these zombies surrounding them, and the fact they can hear zombies trying to crack their friends' skulls to munch on the gooey stuff inside, its time for some BOLD ACTION
7cEf1c.png

bcKwbJ.png

z4Ittv.png

VI6GBW.png

ISBWjp.png

Bold action in one, two, three!

5nTo4n.png

(I have no idea where the hell the score screen is. Must have forgotten to take it!)
FKMhze.png

z3hFxv.png

Realistically, they would die from lack of oxygenation if that was just a bigger spider. Insects can't get this big nowdays.
What, you thought you could simply supersize a insect?
*hitler voice*
OV COURZE! DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SCIENCE?
(not very thick? I have seen those things survive two magnum shots!)
akuDXi.png

Ls9YtS.png

For people from the former Eastern Bloc:
- That shop owner you always get your stuff from? He's with Red Dawn.
- Your car mechanic? Red Dawn mechanic.
- Supermarket, local corporations? All used by Red Dawn too. You know those "employer only" doors? That's where the Red Dawn folk reunite.
- Your friends... are they friends... or Comrades?
Remember folks, the Red Menace lurks everywhere!

*Announcement: The Management of the X-COM Bureau of Investigations does not condemn nor condone communism or any other ideology. We would prefer, however, if members kept their ideological inclinations to acceptable levels. And please co-operate with our background checks, thank you.

Damn commie bureocrats!

*We also believe spreading rumours that state, quote, "communism is a alien weapon to weaken mankind!" or also "Aliens sabotaged the Motherland!" is harmful to troop morale and leads to pointless conspiracy theories. Thank you.

D6hZLN.png

Our best researchers are on the zombie mystery AND EXALT!
NzvMLz.png

zaRXW5.png

ANOTHER ONE!!
oxAU58.png

hUAK1x.png

Next mission: A battle in the sands!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Give it all to us. You put the updates behind spoiler tags. People who don't want to be spoilt can simply choose not to click on the tags.

lightbane

Arcane
So I've been thinking - how far should I take this LP? I don't spoil everyone with everything, I mainly did this LP for amusement, and because I want to promote Solarius Scorch's cool mod. Finish first cult arc? End of 1997? Of course there's a lot more stuff to add to the mod I'm sure, but I don't want to take that feeling of newness from anyone, you know what I mean?

Is that important? I mean, the game is still an alpha, surely the endgame is not really developed (although it won't be hard to do if they transition to 'regular' X-com gameplay).

Freddie

Savant
Echoing what others are saying. You use spoiler tags, mod is in alpha stage. Victory or death!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
49 enemies, holy fucking shit :lol:

Also, scorpions in a desert count as "strange life form" now? :troll:

lightbane

Arcane
Lol, these Orky She-Pirates. LP when?

Also, I think that the Uzi is clearly underpowered. I suggest switching it for something else ASAP.

Red_Comrade

Barely Literate
Damn, this LP is really epic!

May i enlist in XCOM Forces? Preferably from Russia.
Also, this mod really seems like it's a prequel to PirateZ, heh.

MZeta

Scholar
MZeta the third reporting for duty.
Looks like the dog is the mvp now :shittydog:

lightbane

Arcane
This pic continues to be relevant...

200.gif

I like how the aliens apparently took every bit of data about hostile creatures in mythology and pop-culture they could get their hands on in order to flood the Earth with these.

Now in X-COM Files Dogs are a type of soldier, so while they can't get promotions, they can have names! So you can totes get attached to them! I also think you can give them armor, but there's none in the game yet (or am I wrong?).

IIRC dog-armor is something being worked on yeah. I hope it eventually evolves to cybernetic dogs, K-9 style.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom