Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let''s Play: The X-COM Files 0.5.2b Alpha! BLIND! ITS BAAAACK!!

lightbane

Arcane
You need more silver bullets. And focus all scientists on researching the "Military Envoy" so that perhaps he can bring the secret formula for explosives.

Wisdom for today: if you don't have prison cells in your base, you can transport captives to another base after the mission (there's a new button for that).

Also, M-clicking on an enemy lets you see the weapons they're holding in hands (not all equipment, just hands), as well as their fabulous portrait.

Besides, I think giving civilians guns may have fucked a little with the madman mission. We'll see.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
I like how selling dead farmers costs you negative $. Also, alive gangers are wanted by no-one. :lol:

As for the gangster who's surprisingly not the enemy... I guess a funny bug from the randomizer. Still, an interesting way to have an early "Terror Mission". Will these loonies start working as part of a squad as the game progresses? Or perhaps they'll acquire better gear as well.

Freddie

Savant
One TPK, damn :salute:

I have a funny feeling that there's some sort of alien facility in Siberia. Though now it appears that events are more spread out around the globe. Whatever... once... if you can research a rocket launcher, using a rocket to single target like some redneck or Werewolf would be of course perhaps terrible waste of resources. Then, in other hand taking motherfucker down with a single shot for once might be great for morale.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I died trying to eradicate the red menace. One couldn't wish for more glorious death.

Also, clone me, as there are still Commies to murder.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Bros halp! The images in this thread stopped loading for me. Tried different browsers, didn't help. Can't enjoy page 10 and onwards :(

I'm having no problems viewing images from other spoilered LPs, like that of Tranny by RK47 for example.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Bros halp! The images in this thread stopped loading for me. Tried different browsers, didn't help. Can't enjoy page 10 and onwards :(

I'm having no problems viewing images from other spoilered LPs, like that of Tranny by RK47 for example.
I just checked, and they are gone for me too.

lightbane

Arcane
It seems there's a new update available, something which might be of your interest, Braz.

Kuattro

Augur
I don't know if you have seen it, but sli.mg has a successor in imgtc.com, heavily used already by Trump supporters, fat haters, and, I dare say, probably more than some codexers. Not that any of us would fit in any of those two categories, of course.

lightbane

Arcane
It lives! Maybe. Newest patches addes tons of stuff and balances to the early game's weaponry. Should be fun to watch.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
What will come first, update here or Grimoire on steam, the race is on!

lightbane

Arcane
I finally decided to try this mod. It's quite a change compared with vanilla. However, not being able to see the stats of something common you can use because it hasn't been "researched" yet is annoying. Also, I had a bug where adding guns to my transport caused them to somehow fall down to a negative number, and refuse to accept any more ammo. Thankfully, loading solved it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom