Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play: WH40k Chaos Gate - Looking for new recruits!

eklektyk

Erudite
shit
shit
shit

i knew i will die but soooooo soon??? meh

whers devastator sarcophagus when u need one.........

oscar

Arcane
My stats may blow but to compensate I shall fight all the harder against the filth and scum that beset the Imperium :salute:

lightbane

Arcane
Kidnapping Marines? I didn't expect such tactics (or actual intelligence, to start) from Derp Bearers. You must kill them al asap before they sodomize our missing Battle Bro to death (and beyond).

eklektyk

Erudite
i think he went wilingly ...
he wanted to change something in his life...all this shooting and yelling...
he simply wanted to explore his inner workings and stuffies +M

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
- INTERLUDE: BURN WITH FAITH OR BURN IN FIRE -
i4mage01.jpg
Our targets:
i4mage02.jpg
i4mage03.jpg
i4mage04.jpg
i4mage05.jpg
Brother-Librarian Draco, take Corinth, the Hellraisers, and Havoc Squad down to the frozen tundra of Furund. Those supplies shall return as servants of the Imperium.
i4mage06.jpg
Cultists.
i4mage07.jpg
Cultists.
i4mage08.jpg
And more cultists.
i4mage09.jpg
Tactical Squad takes higher ground while Assault Squad inches forward.
i4mage10.jpg
The Hellraisers, seeing how weak their opposition is, thumb their jumppacks and roar into battle.
i4mage11.jpg
Hellraiser grins as he finishes off the last heretics with two frag grenades.
i4mage12.jpg
i4mage13.jpg
Haywire grenades, interesting.
i4mage14.jpg
i4mage15.jpg
i4mage16.jpg
i4mage17.jpg
i4mage18.jpg
i4mage19.jpg
Brother Boris, Brother Slips, your skill elevate you among the Heroes of the Ultramarines.
i4mage20.jpg
Next target.
i4mage21.jpg
It is time to temper Squad IV with battle.
i4mage22.jpg
i4mage23.jpg
Many cultists, but only one squad of Traitor Marines.
i4mage24.jpg
We decide to wait for them to come through the gap, right into our kill zone.
i4mage25.jpg
Draco, however, burns with faith today.
i4mage26.jpg
i4mage27.jpg
And the faithless burn today too.
i4mage28.jpg
i4mage29.jpg
i4mage30.jpg
i4mage31.jpg
i4mage32.jpg
Amen.
i4mage33.jpg
i4mage34.jpg
i4mage35.jpg
i4mage36.jpg
Our final target before Kimmera V.
i4mage37.jpg
Squad II rests while Squad III deploy in their stead.
i4mage38.jpg
Draco adds Quickening to his tome (but I couldn't figure out how to use it).
i4mage39.jpg
Down on Gacrux, our only opposition is mortal. Perfect! I kitted Boris and Slips with missile launchers.
i4mage40.jpg
... But I forgot to bring frag missiles.
:fuck:
i4mage41.jpg
i4mage42.jpg
Thus, Storyfag and Lucilius take over overwatch duties with their Heavy Bolters.
i4mage45.jpg
i4mage46.jpg
i4mage47.jpg
i4mage48.jpg
i4mage49.jpg
Next, we must storm a Chaos fortress, as something down there jams our long-range scanners.

I'm about to play the next mission (and it's a primary one) tonight or tomorrow so get your name in if you haven't already!

lightbane

Arcane
So, is it possible to fail to cast psychic powers and watch how these horribly backfire?

Dayyālu

Arcane
So, is it possible to fail to cast psychic powers and watch how these horribly backfire?

In a direct sense, no. You can simply 'fail casting'.

Frienfly fire is on, however. And in the case of the best power ever, Vortex, it can (and will) backfire if you are not careful. Vortex summons a directional Vortex grenade-a thing of ages past in Warhammer, I think- that creates a rip in the Materium, sending enemies and allies alike directly into the warp. No saves, nothing.Poof.

While the grenade has a small random chance to backfire- it is slow- the Librarian power can bounce easily and fast, resulting, if you are careless, in a dead librarian, or in even more hilarious results if it hits one of your squads. It's Insta-kill even against Termies or vehicles. Fun times.

Quickening is easily the second best power (Vortex being the 'I win' button). A Librarian can target himself or another Brother with that (remember he can have only one 'Quickening active at a time, however) and the 'Haste' like effect will greatly enhance his AP (maybe double them, i do not remember) AND give him a bonus on initiative in CC.Give him 25 more AP, double his attacks, and I'M SURE give him a Init bonus.
That means: use it on the Lib or on a Assault and you have a fast-as-hell killer capable of tearing apart 3-4 Chaosies in a turn without a scratch, if yer lucky.
Use on a Devvie, and you can burn sometimes whole Heavy Bolters magazines with Sustained fire, obliterating assault Chaosies with ease.
Use it on a loyalist Termie with Assault Cannon in a good position with Sustained Fire, you win.

Negative points is that sometimes the Quickening effect randomly stops.

Just for cramming as much stuff as I can in a single post, that captured Marine is gone. Not dead, but count him off - You can never recover him as a fighting unit-.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Just finished storming the front gate of the pesky Chaos neighbors

Apparently the Predator is invincible as there was no HP or Armor value.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Just finished storming the front gate of the pesky Chaos neighbors

Apparently the Predator is invincible as there was no HP or Armor value.

Vehicles follow a weird set of rules- they're not 'Invincible', simply their damage model is kinda of complex (or simply badly done. I don't know if it is based on rules for the 2nd edition or a original take).

Vehicles can be damaged by heavy weapons, and get damage with some kind of 'random rolls' - possible outcomes are weapons/tracks damaged/destroyed or a good old explosion result.A damaged vehicle is still useful, but moves/shoot with some AP penalty.

The Preddie is the best one, followed by the Dread (that you have in a later mission, and is awesome. Too bad it's only for that mission and Chaosies pack some heavy AT here). Rhino and Land's Speeder are also given to you, but they're kind of weak- I do not remember when is the Land's Speeder Mission, but it's in a open plain with a lot of AT Chaos Troopers-meaning only in one of my playthroughs it survived-.The Rh1N0 is kinda underequipped...Bolters only. Be wary of Reaper autocannon Chaos termies -they're considered 'Heavy weapons' I think, so bad news for ya.

And now, how to make Chaos vehicles go 'boom' in the night? (yep, they're going to have them- don't worry, the AI is kinda of retarded and cannot use them that well)
You can concentrate Heavy Weapon fire on them, but the results depends on luck. Usually 1-2 rounds of fire with Lascannon or Krak Missiles are enough.Other ways are the Haywire grenades on Assault troopers (if I remember right, they're a istant kill-Neat!).

That, or Vortex. Enjoy your stay in the Warp, Chaos Dread.

Take this with a grain of salt. It has been years for me since a good CG playthrough, and my memory keeps doing tricks at me.

Lilah

Literate
B0RIS WAS CAST INTO THE EYE OF TERROR!
BUT HE CAME BACK!!!
... STRONGER!!!
PRIME MOTHER SLAANESH GUIDED HIM 0N HIS PATH!
FEAR NOT! FOR THE TAINT IS JUST A PAINTJOB!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
- BATTLE REPORT V: THE POWER OF THE EMPEROR'S FURY -

m5mage01.jpg
m5mage02.jpg
m5mage03.jpg
m5mage04.jpg
Tech-Marine Mac Gyvius: Return it in one piece!

Tech-Marine Juden: Do you realize how much they cost?!
m5mage05.jpg
(TLDR version)
m5mage06.jpg
I decide on a balanced deployment to be able to respond to any unexpected threat. 2nd Squad is the Tactical Squad that will deploy.
m5mage07.jpg
Brother Yeesh, at the Emperor's side.
m5mage08.jpg
Assault Brother Helly, ready to strike!
m5mage09.jpg
The Predator is the medium tank of the Ultramarine army. (The heavy tank is known as the "Land Raider.") The autocannon ravages infantry while slightly threatening armor.
Let us review the rest of the armored section available to us during this campaign.
m5mage10.jpg
The utilitarian Rhino APC. Outside of the game there also now exists a "Razorback" modification, which provides the Rhino with a heavy gun while sacrificing some passenger space.
m5mage11.jpg
Captain Kruger: Brother Gyvius, how is our brother in the sarcophagus?

Mac Gyvius: He still slumbers. I wish to see the mind-waves settle before we begin protocol.
m5mage12.jpg
And this is the final vehicle that we will be able to utilize.
We know our duty, and we will do it.
m5mage15.jpg
m5mage13.jpg
The ground crackles a glowing red beneath Sergeant Hellraiser's feet as he steps off the Thunderhawk. His squad fans out, the Predator forming the deadly point of a wedge of super-soldiers.
To his right, the 2nd Sergeant creeps ahead to survey the sleeping battlefield.
m5mage14.jpg
There, to the north, is the gate we will destroy in the Emperor's name. Traitor Word Bearers dot the battlements; no doubt a few have heavy weapons. If one can escape their wrath, then they must halt before the two bunkers, where the enemy will be impossible to dislodge with any projectiles. Of course, we brought The Emperor's Hellraisers.
m5mage16.jpg
First, however, Brother Garfunkel volunteers to take point and scout ahead.
m5mage17.jpg
Brother-Librarian Draco gives an imperceptible nod and suddenly the world slows down for Garfunkel.
m5mage18.jpg
He speeds ahead, aided by the Librarian's spell.
m5mage19.jpg
A blinking icon in Gondolin's vision. The vox-transformed voice of Garfunkel radios in his ear, "All clear, sergeant."
With that, Havoc Squad advances to the high ground of the hills before them. Their first priority is the coordinated and focused destruction of the enemy's long-range fire support.
m5mage20.jpg
Sergeant Gondolin and his Milites Inclina spread out to defend the Devastators like a screen.
m5mage21.jpg
m5mage22.jpg
Hellraiser takes his boys to the opposite flank, to see what trouble he can cause.
m5mage23.jpg
And finally, our Predator tank prowls into the canyon, seeking prey.
m5mage24.jpg
Suddenly, a pack of Berzerkers roar out of hiding and storm towards Garfunkel. They also, coincidentally, storm towards the Predator's autocannon. One pays the ironic price.
m5mage25.jpg
Brother Slips stands up
m5mage26.jpg
And coincidentally a krak missile knocks another Berzerker off his feet.
m5mage27.jpg
Garfunkel grits his teeth
m5mage28.jpg
And ends one himself.
m5mage29.jpg
Still quickened by Draco, Garfunkel back-dashes after the kill to keep positional advantage over the remaining Berzerker.
m5mage30.jpg
Frustrated Berzerker: Y-You Coward! Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!
m5mage31.jpg
(Oops, I forgot Overboard, Janus, and Lindblum in the Thunderhawk. I also never noticed the extra chest in the Thunderhawk that the game kept implying at me. Oops)
m5mage32.jpg
Settled on the hills, his feet braced atop a gritty rock formation, K. Slips lets loose another krak missile from its kennel.
m5mage33.jpg
The Traitor crumples. His missile launcher explodes seconds after.
m5mage38.jpg
The Predator spins his one eye at another Word Bearer.
m5mage39.jpg
The powers of Chaos could not withstand its gaze.
m5mage34.jpg
In the mean time, the remaining Berzerker explodes like a white-hot light show.
m5mage35.jpg
Garfunkel smiles at his well aimed krak grenade.
m5mage40.jpg
The Berzerker screen torn, both squads try to get closer to the wall. A convenient ridge lines their vision, and the heavy weapons atop the walls are instruments without players.

But...
m5mage37.jpg
The line of cover before then only hides a short but deadly killing field. The entrenched gunmen in the bunkers have near-perfect cover, each with a threatening arc of potential bolts. No doubt the first scope that nervously cranes forward from the cover of the hills will trigger a reaction volley, one both near-accurate and destructive.

The Ultramarines will not be able to advance through firepower alone. (*cough* Unless we had some Scout Snipers *cough*)
m5mage36.jpg
Thus, 7th Squad jumps over to the main firebase, using it only as a stepping stone,
m5mage41.jpg
As they immediately hop off and descend upon the eastern bunker.
m5mage42.jpg
Someone lights one Traitor on fire and Brother Slaughter plays executioner.
m5mage43.jpg
And of course a single foul renegade
m5mage44.jpg
Is no match for two Ultramarines.
m5mage45.jpg
m5mage46.jpg
The bunker silenced, the other two Assault Marines fly over to stifle the rest of the eastern side of the wall.
m5mage47.jpg
Meanwhile, Draco materializes at the bottom of the hills and aims his eagle-eyed vision at one of the Word Bearers left of the gate.
m5mage48.jpg
He burns.
m5mage51.jpg
The east wall is finally deafened, and the Hellraisers lope towards the opposite wall, hugging the abominable building.
m5mage49.jpg
Suddenly, another group of Khorne Berzerkers outflanks from the southwest.
m5mage50.jpg
The Marines' shots are all off the mark, so the Predator halts right in front of the Berzerkers to give them something to run around.
m5mage52.jpg
Another squad of bogeys fly at the Marines, this time outflanking from the southeast. And this time they know how to use guns.
m5mage53.jpg
Lindblum and Overboard are within their guns' reach. But, while caught out of cover, they react like Space Marines, dropping smoke grenades while rolling into cover.
m5mage54.jpg
Meanwhile Assault Squad is within inches of the enemy bunker.
m5mage55.jpg
And then inches become decapitated Word Bearers.
m5mage56.jpg
With the wall basically neutralized threat-wise, the Ultramarines' line of fire takes a two step turn, and get ready to shoot any horns that pop into view.
m5mage57.jpg
Librarian Draco, dancing forwards at a speed seemingly out-of-frame with reality, introduces this Word Bearer to his force axe.
m5mage58.jpg
With equal speed but none of Draco's grace, Sergeant Hellraiser falls upon the Chaos Marines, his jump pack roaring in anticipation.
m5mage59.jpg
Brother Hellraiser: We will leave none alive.
m5mage60.jpg
m5mage61.jpg
Before Hellraiser's Conciliator power sword could finalize the last Chaos Marine, the aforementioned renegade's helmet parts like tall grass to wind. Followed by his skull, his neck, and the rest of his body. Draco's force axe has taken over its place in reality.
m5mage62.jpg
A frag grenade shatters debris that bounce harmlessly against the Ultramarines' power armor as three more heretics enter the scene. Is there no end to these loathsome, unworthy brothers of ours?
m5mage63.jpg
No matter. With a blink, two Traitors burn. Hellraiser roars at the third with his blade humming down at him.
m5mage64.jpg
He falls - For no power of Chaos, whether rage or pleasure, undying or unfathomable... No, no power is like the power of the Emperor's Fury.
m5mage65.jpg
One Word Bearer amusingly runs at the blood-helmed Hellraiser.
m5mage66.jpg
Ha. ha.
m5mage67.jpg
All the traitors dead, the Predator proceeds to batter down the gate.
m5mage68.jpg
As this is taking forever, Helly loses his patience.
m5mage69.jpg
And the gate
m5mage70.jpg
Falls after one falling-step jab with his power fist.
m5mage71.jpg
I'm going to update the OP with what these "Honor Badges" mean. I may also write who has what medals, etc.
m5mage72.jpg
m5mage73.jpg
m5mage74.jpg
m5mage75.jpg
m5mage76.jpg
m5mage77.jpg
Very little Space Marine blood was spilled today. We shall strive to continue this tradition. Precision. Combined arms. Flexible reactions. These are the creeds of the Second Company.
(Well, more like Raven Guard... Or perhaps, Luna Wolves, or Emperor's Children, I'd think)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom