Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Wizardry!

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
:love:
demon.png
NOOOOOO! Not to Ferelden! Nonono! Not to a Bioware game!
:lol:

Islam has all the answers!

Finally, Loktofeit is an escape spell that teleports the party back to the castle when things get desperate and grim. BUT! The penalty for use is the loss of all character's equipment and most gold! In addition, this spell may fail!
Now, that's a proper :obviously: spell.

A wild mob with pitchforks runs past, futilely chasing after a large white banner. On the banner is written, "Thursday". Innumerable cries of torment and suffering follow as the mob are themselves chased by hornets and wasps.
:lol: Good thing they are not chased by bees though

Cenobyte

Prophet
You are doing extremely well, Bee! Impressive character stats, that how proper adventurers should look like :D

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Floor 10: End of the line

pete.png
Man, I'm exhausted.

laidlaw1.png
This feels like it was entirely the wrong kind of place to come to.

todd1.png
Surrounded by bugs and spiders and darkness, yikes!

gaider1.jpg
It's getting REALLY annoying. I want back to the ever colourful world of alien romance!

du2.jpg
Quit your whining. I've prepared some top notch equipment for you. It's scattered around the dungeon, so you'd better find it and use it. Much like in a typical manga, I've no more power left to give you. Now it's up to you to proceed as you see fit.

Time to make it down to B10 and end this shit!
:yeah:

(I'm all outta LARP anyway.)

map1-09.png

For that, we must take the elevator to B9 and then proceed to (8,2) -- which is the only way we can reach the 10th floor.

richardandrew3.png
It looks like the fools have been made aware of their true purpose, and now they're out to get the amulet. Haha, they don't even know what they don't know.

giant.png
I have heard the rumours, my lord. What a stubborn *bzzt* world. Yet its end *beep* only grows nearer.

richardandrew3.png
Indeed. The transformation is already underway. Soon, very soon the world will be transfigured.

giant.png
What shall we do *whirr* with the pesky ones?

richardandrew3.png
We should prepare a proper welcome party for them, teehee!

08wiz016.png
08wiz020.png

Along the way, we encounter a new kind of enemy, Earth Giants. Well, okay, not quite new as we already fought them in the previous update, but this time they're identified and we can see their true form. Ain't it grand?

08wiz056.png
08wiz057.png

At (8,2), we're automatically transported down to B10 via a chute.

map1-10.png

Floor 10 is broken down into sections, each having you battle one group of Werdna's guardians, of which there are six in total. You only fight the guardians in fixed encounters marked by the swords in the map. And even though the encounters are fixed, the monsters that appear in them aren't, so the guardians may be either pushovers or omgwhatisthisidonteven depending purely on your luck (and the roll of a die). This is also a level where Teleporter traps get really, really nasty, since they teleport you around randomly and getting caught up in one of the grey squares (stone tiles) means an instant TPK.

Werdna himself is at (17,3); good luck getting there!

08wiz060.png

josh.png
"Trebor sux"? Somebody's got issues.

Funnily enough, "Trebor sux" will be an important clue in Wizardry IV. As for "Contra-dextra avenue", which means basically "don't turn right", this clue hints at one important feature of this floor's design -- turning right after each of the fixed encounters brings you back . So it's basically "don't turn right if you want to get to Werdna, do turn right if you want to get the hell out of here". Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

We'll get to Werdna by the end of this update, sure, but currently our goal is to get our greedy game developer hands on some of the better equipment as well as level up to lvl13 at least, else we just won't be able to survive the final encounter.

08wiz067.png

On B10, there's a fixed encounter with Werdna's guardians behind every door. What will it be this time, I wonder?

08wiz069.png
08wiz072.png

Vampires! This could've been nasty, but thankfully Sawyer instantly dispelled 3 of them and Todd killed off the remaining one.

08wiz100.png

Among the loot, there is probably the most legendary Wizardry item -- a Blade Cusinart' (yup, with the ').

cusinart.jpg

For Fighters, nothing beats the Blade Cusinart'. It hits for 1D3+9 (!), has 6 to-hit (!) and +4 swings (!).

08wiz108.png

pete.png
...Maybe he just wants to be friends? You know, deep down in his heart?

Werdna keeps trying to frighten us, but evil game developers doesn't afraid of anything!

08wiz116.png
08wiz145.png

Next we encounter a group of Greater Demons accompanied by a Ninja. Great Demons bring some really good exp, but they also hurt like hell.

08wiz166.png
08wiz169.png

Among the loot, we discover a 1st Class Plate. It lowers the character's AC by 7, and it can be equipped by a Priest. Therefore to Sawyer it goes.

08wiz206.png

Poison Giants are horribly horrible. They breathe on the party -- i.e., on every character -- for 40 HP. Imagine what happens when there are more than one of them...

08wiz217.png
08wiz220.png

Yep, right, a TPK happens.

08wiz224.png
08wiz244.png

Flacks are notable for the fact they have 15D12 HP and AC of -3. They're also resistant to Fire, Cold and Poison, can deal Cold damage to your entire party with their breath, hit for 4D8+3, as well as stone, poison, paralyse AND one-hit kill you.

Ugh.

08wiz289.png

The Ring of Movement allows you to cast Malor, the teleport spell, once, and then it breaks. Useful when you can't handle the heat.

08wiz313.png
08wiz315.png

An even better find is a Shield of Evil, an evil alignment-exclusive shield that lowers your AC by 5 and grants a 2% magic resistance. It can even be equipped by Priests and Thieves, but for now, it goes to Pete.

08wiz366.png
08wiz369.png

Oh hey an Armor of Heroes! It lowers your AC by 7 and grants a 10% magic resistance. We give it to Todd.

08wiz384.png
08wiz386.png

Back at the castle, MCA levels up but doesn't learn new spells, alas.

09wiz013.png

On B4 we encounter a... rabbit?

Really?

Yep, it's a Vorpal Bunny in disguise!

09wiz015.png

josh.png
Surprised by David Gaider. I don't envy the poor rabbit.

09wiz069.png

Oh hey 4 Greater Demons. I wonder how much experience they will bri---

09wiz093.png

Er, nevermind.

09wiz096.png
09wiz099.png

Bleebs look funny. They travel in groups of 1D8 and have 10D8 HP. They can call for help so that even more Bleebs arrive, but they only hit for 1D8+1, so they don't really pose much of a threat.

09wiz127.png
09wiz128.png

Apart from the fixed encounters, B10 also has random encounters like the one above. Unfortunately, Dragon Zombies took us by surprise and we barely managed to run away. That was really close, I gotta tell you -- especially given the fact that Dragon Zombies can level drain you.

09wiz134.png
09wiz136.png

The next encounters brings us a Neutral Plate (AC -7) that goes to Pete, lowering his current AC by one.

09wiz138.png
09wiz139.png

The Masher of Mages is a really good (and rare) find. It only hits for 1D6+1, but it has +5 to-hit and +2 swings and, most importantly, deals extra damage to Mages, which is probably going to help us when fighting Werdna.

09wiz146.png

gaider1.jpg
I'm on fire!

gaider1.jpg
Mmm, smells just the way a man likes it... Burnt!

Having defeated the dragon, we find another Shield of Evil, which goes to Sawyer.

09wiz198.png
09wiz200.png

An even better shield, however, is the Shield of Defense. Not only does it lowers your AC by 6, it also confers a 25% (!) magic resistance bonus.

09wiz233.png
09wiz234.png

Next we find a Helm of Evil, the best kind of helmet there is (AC -3), restricted to evil alignment, of course. Generally, there's a lot of evil-exclusive stuff in the game, even if the very best armour there is, the famous Armor of Lords (AC -10, 100% magic resistance), can only be equipped by a Lord (=> a character of good alignment) -- for powergamers only.

On our next level-up, Pete and Todd make level 12...

09wiz294.png

...so that Todd even ages one year. :P

09wiz303.png
09wiz306.png

Sawyer learns a new lvl6 spell, Madi, the most powerful healing spell available. It restores all HP and cures all afflictions on one character.

09wiz312.png
09wiz314.png

Gaider can class-change into a Ninja now...

gaider1.jpg

...but we won't let him do it at the moment. Class-changing would reset his attributes, and we don't really want that.

gaider1.jpg
You're cruel. :(

Look who's talking!

09wiz321.png
09wiz323.png

Finally, Laidlaw new spell is Haman -- the best spell in any cRPG EVER!

Code:
NAME :  HAMAN
EFFECTS:  THERE ARE SEVERAL EFFECTS THAT CAN OCCUR WHEN YOU CHOOSE THIS SPELL:

AUGMENT MAGIC: ENHANCES SPELLS TO DO MORE DAMAGE OR TO CURE MORE HIT POINTS.

CURE PARTY: CURES THE ENTIRE PARTY OF ALL STATUS AILMENTS.

SILENCE ENEMIES: SILENCES ALL MONSTERS.

TELEPORT ENEMIES: TELEPORTS ALL MONSTERS FROM OUT OF THE COMBAT AREA.

HEAL PARTY:  CASTS A MADI ON THE ENTIRE PARTY

The effects of this spell are so powerful, that the character loses a level of experience just to cast it.

Yup, you heard it right. A spell with multiple effects that is so powerful that it level-drains you!

:love:

I love you, Wizardry.

09wiz344.png

Unfortunately, Laidlaw cannot cast Haman when he's only level 12 -- for the level-drain on which this spell depends to occur, the Mage must be at least one level higher than that.

09wiz350.png

By the way, did I tell you just how cool Lakanito is? When successful, it insta-kills the enemies that breathe air by suffocating them.

09wiz495.png
09wiz498.png

Oh wowity wow! Armor of Evil! Can be equipped by a Priest, too! Very rare and restricted to evil characters, it lowers your AC by 9 (!) and confers a 15% magic resistance bonus.

Sawyer should be almost as well-protected as Pete and Todd now.

And then we stand ready to level-up again. Let's have a look at the party about to face Werdna. :P

09wiz537.png
09wiz538.png

Pete has proven to be a fine Fighter. With a Blade Cusinart' in his hands and a Masher of Mages in his backpack, he should prove invaluable to us in the end boss fight.

pete.png
I'm fine, man. Let's kick Werdna's ass together, Todd!

09wiz542.png
09wiz543.png

In a stroke of luck, Todd gains 16 more HP.

todd1.png
Sure thing, Pete. We're in this together!

pete.png
I'm gonna be honest with you, man. I don't mind if we disappear down there.

todd1.png
What?

pete.png
Uh, don't get mad. ...I mean, nobody wants to die, sure. That means you too, Todd. But whatever happens, we're gonna go together, yeah?

todd1.png
Ah, huh, um, well... yeah.

pete.png
Thanks, man! That's all I wanted to say. ...Anything wrong with that?

09wiz546.png
09wiz547.png

Heh, Gaider is all 18s now. :incline:

gaider1.jpg
And kick ass he did!

gaider1.jpg
...Hey Mike, you enjoy dancing every now and then? I know it may be a weird question, but... you know, this might be our last time together... Well?

laidlaw1.png
Uh, well... yeah, I do.

(Gaider and Laidlaw do Shepard's dance together.)

gaider1.jpg
Hey, Mike? Do you... love me?

laidlaw1.png
N-No, I didn't really mean it that way! ...I meant, um... I meant whatever you think I meant!

du2.jpg
What's with you two? Ohohoho, you're blushing. Ah, the long lost days of my youth... Wonderful, they were. Just with less homosexuality.

09wiz551.png
09wiz553.png

MCA learns lvl3 Priest spells including Bamatu (party's AC -4), which we're probably going to need in the final fight.

mca1.png
(There is much I have left to teach my disciple. ...And thanks to him, my eyes have opened. My career, my adventure... is not over yet. Even if I will not be offered a chance to create a worthy successor to Planescape: Torment... I will NOT be left behind!)

09wiz594.png
09wiz596.png

Sawyer's new spell is his first lvl7 spell, Malikto, that sends a shower of meteors on all enemies for 12-72 points of damage.

mca1.png
No role-playing game can be won without pawns, and this may prove to be a very long game. There is no truth in today's game design. But there is truth in you, Josh. And that is why I chose you.

josh.png
I... I'm grateful, MCA-sensei.

mca1.png
Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you. Know that much may happen here, Josh, but above all, do not forget this—you may trust in me. We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself. Never doubt what you have done.

josh.png
I will stand by your side, MCA-sensei! I will never distrust you!

09wiz601.png
09wiz603.png

laidlaw1.png
All this power, at my disposal. I've never felt this strong before! This feeling... can this game... can it be even better than Dragon Age 2?!

Laidlaw also gains his first lvl7 spells -- Malor, the aforementioned teleport spell, Mahaman, an improved version of Haman with two additional possible effects...

Code:
NAME: MAHAMAN
EFFECT: SAME AS HAMAN EXCEPT ADD THESE:

PROTECT PARTY :  DROPS THE ARMOR CLASS OF ALL PARTY MEMBERS BY 20 POINTS FOR THE DURATION OF COMBAT.

RAISE THE DEAD:  BRINGS DEAD CHARACTERS BACK TO LIFE WITH A DI SPELL.

...and finally, the infamous Tiltowait, Wizardry's equivalent of a tactical nuke dealing 10-100 points of damage to all enemies.

Alright, it's the final countdown!

Let's see what guardians we're going to meet on our way to Werdna's lair.

09wiz610.png

A High Priest and a Giant. Easy peasy.

09wiz621.png
09wiz636.png

Well well, this is more interesting. Maelific is an undead monster that has 25D4 HP, AC of -5, and 50% magic resistance. It can also cast Mage spells up to lvl7 (!).

Having 50% magic resistance means it can even resist a Tiltowait. :decline: Luckily, our Fighters deal with him the old-fashioned way.

09wiz670.png

Among the loot, we discover two sets of Treated Leather (AC -4), the best kind of armour Thieves and Bishops can equip.

09wiz676.png
09wiz679.png

Six Bleebs. They may call for help all they want, they're still going to be a pushover.

09wiz688.png

And so we've finally arrived.

gaider1.jpg
I'm shaking, I'm shaking!

The Wizard in IN, eh?

09wiz786.png

Off to a good start!

09wiz787.png

Why, hello there, WERDNA!

richardandrew3.png
So you've made it this far, after all. After all that has happened, still you live. You are difficult to kill. I must admit I underestimated you.

josh.png
Just who are you?

richardandrew2.png
I think it's about time I stopped hiding in the shadows. My name is Werdna. Andrew. Richard. Lord British. "My lord". The legendary hero the whole world has awaited? That'd be me. I go by many names.

gaider1.jpg
I hope you have prepared a proper speech, villain.

richardandrew2.png
Villain? Ahaha. I'm much less of a villain than you are.

todd1.png
We are?

richardandrew2.png
Look at your alignment and be frank with yourselves for a moment. You are all MY progeny! I'm the one who gave you life, brought you and the industry to where you currently are, and I'm the one to usher the world into a new era. I am the alpha and the omega! I was at the beginning of role-playing and I'm the messiah of the ultimate role-playing to come!

pete.png
Whatcha talking about, man?

richardandrew2.png
I'm talking about YOU, fools. Each of you. Look inside yourself. To have fallen so far and learned nothing, that is your failure. Were you really born evil, or have you become evil? It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, it's all over now.

pete.png
*exchange puzzled glances*
todd1.png

richardandrew2.png
Pete and Todd... In a way, I'm proud of you. To have unwittingly pushed my own agenda so far! Admirable for ones as limited as you. Thanks to you, everyone knows role-playing is about streamlining the mechanics and simply playing a role – beyond the game's basic statistics, adding additional depth and interest, eating regularly to enhance immersion, taking off your shoes when entering your house, decorating it and wearing appropriate clothing!

todd1.png
I think I like this guy already.

pete.png
Do we really have to kill him?

richardandrew2.png
Mike and David... Have not Call of Duty deprived you of sleep? Have you not given in to the demand for higher production values and broader audience? Have you not designed RPGs to be visceral, QTEs to be pervasive, NPCs to be romanceable? What have you to say against that?

laidlaw1.png
Against that?!

gaider1.jpg
That sounds perfect!

richardandrew2.png
And finally, Obsidian folks... Have you not churned out one too many hackneyed projects already? Have you not compromised your vision – the very idea of vision you might've once had – to follow the light? The light of the almighty dollar! So tell me. Have you come seeking the light, my friends? Mwuahahaha.

josh.png
We were forced to! The publishers left us no choice!

mca1.png

richardandrew2.png
Just admit it, the six of you: 4chan and RPGCodex were right all along. But your vision is small time, just as you are. You aren't ambitious enough. I'm different. I had been searching all the time, searching for a way I could become the new hero, a way to renew and intensify my glory.

todd1.png
And they call us evil.

richardandrew2.png
And then I found it! I took possession of this amulet with one purpose in mind. I came here, to the depths of this dungeon… To RULE the entire world! To shed the light of microtransactions into even the darkest places! To make EVERYTHING into a role-playing game! You see, people are tired of their mundane lives. They dream of being heroes. They dream of dragons, QTEs, romances, regenerating health! But after the always short dream, the harshness of the real world kicks in. This amulet – it can change all that! It can transform the fabric of reality itself into the most glorious massive multiplayer role-playing experience the world has ever known!

todd1.png
...This guy is a real businessman.

pete.png
Yeah, man, too bad he's our rival so we can't let him live.

richardandrew2.png
That foolish underlord Trebor thinks he can stop me. He thinks there is a different kind of role-playing. He clings to numbers, complexity, tactics, turn-based combat, choices and consequences... But he's mad, and I know better. That's not what the audience wants. That's not where the world is heading to. As for you, you'd never reach the heights of MY vision! You'd only get in the way. So long as you and the Mad Underlord meddle with my plans, this world cannot become what I wish it to be... The time for speeches is over. I gave you life, I will also kill you!

09wiz795.png
09wiz796.png

Werdna's always accompanied by a random number of Vampires (and sometimes a Vampire Lord) in the final fight. Luckily, MCA dispels three of them at once.

Werdna himself is one tough mofo. He has 10D10+20 HP, AC of -7, regenerates 5HP per turn, and has a 70% magic resistance. He's also resistant to Fire, Cold and Poison, can level-drain, stone, poison and paralyse you, hits for 8D5 up to 2 times per turn, and knows ALL Mage AND Priest spells. A powerhouse of a mage, basically.

Still, a whole lot depends on just how many HP he rolls -- it can even be below 100 HP. In other words, this isn't the JRPG kind of boss.

09wiz806.png

Let's go all MALIKTO and TILTOWAIT on the bastard!

09wiz808.png
09wiz809.png

Oh fuck, it looks like he's gone all TILTOWAIT on us first!

:rage:

In an unbelievable stroke of luck, we all survive Werdna's Tiltowait somehow. Alright, old geezer, NOW you're doomed!

09wiz811.png
09wiz812.png

Don't mess with a Blade Cusinart', folks.

The Masher of Mages, on the other hand, isn't as effective as it was hyped up to be. Oh well.

09wiz813.png
09wiz816.png

Sawyer's Malikto is resisted, and Gaider ambushes Werdna for measly 9 HP. But hey, every hit point counts!

09wiz817.png
09wiz818.png

And then MCA lands the final blow...

mca1.png

09wiz823.png

Finally, Laidlaw's own Tiltowait finishes the remaining minions off.

09wiz825.png

Is that appropriate exp for winning the end boss fight, I ask ye?

:rpgcodex:

09wiz826.png

Our only loot is the fabled amulet, the one that started all this mess. What power does it harbour?

pete.png
Think we should leave the amulet for ourselves, Todd?

todd1.png
Sounds good, Pete!

josh.png
But does it, really? Look at what it did to that Werdna guy. Turned him into a goddamn delusional spaceman. Do you really want to end up like that? Aren't you satisfied with how much Skyrim sells?

todd1.png

josh.png
Something tells me you're good at heart. So don't just hurry yourselves to madness and death. If you can still do something, change something maybe, you shouldn't be dying. I beg you to believe in your purpose, somewhere in your heart. You've still got stuff to do.

todd1.png
*sob*
pete.png

mca1.png
I'm proud of you, Josh.

josh.png
*blushes*

mca1.png
Yes, proud. You've just ensured the future of our company, after all.

09wiz829.png

Pretty low on HP, aren't we? Note the "+" symbol next to MCA -- that means his health is regenerating as long as the amulet is in his possession.

09wiz831.png
09wiz834.png

The amulet gets identified as "Werdna's Amulet". Go figure.

09wiz836.png
09wiz839.png

Invoking the amulet's power fully heals our party.

09wiz841.png

Finally, we can use the amulet...

09wiz845.png
09wiz846.png

...to teleport back up to the castle!

With that, the endgame kicks in.

09wiz850.png
09wiz852.png

todd1.png
Oh come on you call that a reward?

pete.png
Not majestic enough, man.

josh.png
Looks like the normal kind of reward to me.

todd1.png
Normal for the likes of you, sure, but not for us at Bethesda.

gaider1.jpg
Nor Bioware.

laidlaw1.png
Can't be picky after DA2 flopped, though.

du2.jpg
Sorry folks, I couldn't get enough donations flowing. Nothing I can do about it.

09wiz853.png

du2.jpg
I can give you all custom titles, though.

pete.png
Custom titles? Is that, like, achievements, man?

laidlaw1.png
I love achievements.

todd1.png
Single most important element in an RPG!

du2.jpg
I like your attitude. Now hand over the amulet.

*Takes the amulet*

du2.jpg
Tonight, we say goodbye to the age of the pop-a-mole. And we also celebrate the coming return of the oldschool. We must pray. For today will be the death day of the absurdities that have been passing for RPGs lately.

09wiz855.png

du2.jpg
Now that the amulet is mine, I can finally bring the RPGCodex frontpage back to life!

*Everyone exchanges glances*

gaider1.jpg
Oh my, what have we done…

THE END OF WIZARDRY I. THANKS FOR READING!

lightbane

Arcane
What shall we do *whirr* with the pesky ones?

Earthbound called, they want their robotic speech back.

that means his health is regenerating

:rage: It seems the :decline: was really everywhere, both in the past and the present. By the way, what happened with Evil Black Cat?

Kz3r0

Arcane
This LP is more insightful that all the discussions on this site, more intelligent and funny too.
And not let's talk about the IGNorant crowd out there.
:bro:

Nice. So when's the second one coming up? Friday? Saturday? When a Fistful of Collars is no longer a Fistful of Cancelled, Andyman finishes FF8, and Prisoner of Ice is still incomplete?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Earthbound called, they want their robotic speech back.

Haha, true.

It seems the :decline: was really everywhere, both in the past and the present.

Oh come on, it's regenerating health you only get after defeating the end boss and only for one character and only for the short time it takes you to bring the amulet back to Trebor.

By the way, what happened with Evil Black Cat?

Migrated to RPGWatch probably. :P

So when's the second one coming up? Friday? Saturday? When a Fistful of Collars is no longer a Fistful of Cancelled, Andyman finishes FF8, and Prisoner of Ice is still incomplete?

Weeell... I need a break for sure. LARPing isn't really my element, so this has been quite draining for me.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Sublime.

:bravo:

It took you less time than I thought it would
Floor 10: End of the line

mca1.png
(There is much I have left to teach my disciple. ...And thanks to him, my eyes have opened. My career, my adventure... is not over yet. Even if I will not be offered a chance to create a worthy successor to Planescape: Torment... I will NOT be left behind!)

Sawyer's new spell is his first lvl7 spell, Malikto, that sends a shower of meteors on all enemies for 12-72 points of damage.

mca1.png
No role-playing game can be won without pawns, and this may prove to be a very long game. There is no truth in today's game design. But there is truth in you, Josh. And that is why I chose you.

josh.png
I... I'm grateful, MCA-sensei.

mca1.png
Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you. Know that much may happen here, Josh, but above all, do not forget this—you may trust in me. We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself. Never doubt what you have done.

josh.png
I will stand by your side, MCA-sensei! I will never distrust you!

Hesus almighty - stuff taken out straight from Persona 4 any jRPG in existence. :lol: But much more entertaining and better written. You are sure you are not a developer yourself CB? ;)

richardandrew2.png
Villain? Ahaha. I'm much less of a villain than you are.

todd1.png
We are?

richardandrew2.png
Look at your alignment and be frank with yourselves for a moment. You are all MY progeny! I'm the one who gave you life, brought you and the industry to where you currently are, and I'm the one to usher the world into a new era. I am the alpha and the omega! I was at the beginning of role-playing and I'm the messiah of the ultimate role-playing to come!

pete.png
Whatcha talking about, man?

richardandrew2.png
I'm talking about YOU, fools. Each of you. Look inside yourself. To have fallen so far and learned nothing, that is your failure. Were you really born evil, or have you become evil? It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, it's all over now.

pete.png
*exchange puzzled glances*
todd1.png

richardandrew2.png
Pete and Todd... In a way, I'm proud of you. To have unwittingly pushed my own agenda so far! Admirable for ones as limited as you. Thanks to you, everyone knows role-playing is about streamlining the mechanics and simply playing a role – beyond the game's basic statistics, adding additional depth and interest, eating regularly to enhance immersion, taking off your shoes when entering your house, decorating it and wearing appropriate clothing!

Persona 4 jRPG alright. :lol:

spekkio

Arcane
This LP is more insightful that all the discussions on this site, more intelligent and funny too.
This.

Not only a good game but also top-notch additional bullshit features.

:bravo:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom