Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Wizardry!

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
a.aaa-Queen-Bee.jpg

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I for one feel quite refreshed after dismissing a couple days of college work and pain medication. Now to slink back into reality and feel the pain once more.

EDIT: So on an unrelated note, I found out that my birthday was filled with wondrous anime-witch pic spam on some other forum. Oh joy.

Morkar Left

:bravo:

Glorious LP!
:salute:

Your larping skills are quite high by the way. Keep it up! But keep your sanity, too (you will loose it soon enough as a staff member I guess...)

I for one feel quite refreshed after dismissing a couple days of college work and pain medication. Now to slink back into reality and feel the pain once more.

EDIT: So on an unrelated note, I found out that my birthday was filled with wondrous anime-witch pic spam on some other forum. Oh joy.

A bit late I guess but I wish you a happy birthday, nonetheless and that everything is well :salute:

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

A bit late I guess but I wish you a happy birthday,nonetheless and that everything is well :salute:

Quite late actually. My birthday was quite sad though to be honest. I'll give you a hint: Codex went down that day. But the thought in itself is what truly counts so thank you sir;)

Now if you excuse me I must make the logical step of lurking the Playground for any other delicious LP's to peruse.

Repressed Homosexual
Crooked Bee do you need a save game from the previous Wizardry in order to start Wizardry 2 or 3 on this version of the games? I started the NES version of Wizardry Proving Grounds because I read the difficulty has been toned down with the Super Famicom versions, and I am close to the end, but I realized that while Knights of Diamond was released on the NES in the US, the third one never was.

The biggest BS in these games is by far the level-draining monsters, which permanently drain your level. I always flee when I see any of them but on rare occasions they will surprise you and hit you before you're able to do anything.

I'm not sure why they decided to make it permanent, in D&D as far as I know you can be healed of level draining at the temple. It's a cheap way to lenghten the game, it takes hours to gain back a lost level and you can do nothing to prevent that from happening. It's just BS that makes you waste time.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Crooked Bee do you need a save game from the previous Wizardry in order to start Wizardry 2 or 3 on this version of the games? I started the NES version of Wizardry Proving Grounds because I read the difficulty has been toned down with the Super Famicom versions, and I am close to the end, but I realized that while Knights of Diamond was released on the NES in the US, the third one never was.
According to the Japansese Wiki, due to insufficient cartridge capacity, it's actually impossible to transfer saves in the FC (NES) version of the game, so you can't bring your old party into Wizardry II - you must create a new party. Furthermore, in order to accomodate to this change, the Japanese staff "rebalanced" Wiz 2 and 3 by completely reworking the dungeons and introducing a bunch of new monsters and spells. Also, apparently the NES version of "Wizardry II" is actually a port of Wizardry III, and the real Wizardry II was ported to FC by the name "Wizardry III" a year later. Also, the changes described above also made their way into the SFC and GBC versions of the game, even though the SFC cartridges are already good enough to handle savefile transition.

TL;DR the NES/SNES/GBC ports of the Llylgamyn Trilogy are completely fucked up, do not bother.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't really remember if you can start with a new party, sorry.

TL;DR the NES/SNES/GBC ports of the Llylgamyn Trilogy are completely fucked up, do not bother.

Dunno about NES or GBC, but I do seem to recall that the SNES version that I played ITT did have party transfer, because, again, I seem to recall transferring my party to the next game to continue with the LP (which alas never happened).

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
I don't really remember if you can start with a new party, sorry.

Dunno about NES or GBC, but I do seem to recall that the SNES version that I played ITT did have party transfer, because, again, I seem to recall transferring my party to the next game to continue with the LP (which alas never happened).
Well, party transition may be possible in the SNES version, but I'm pretty sure the dungeon and system changes made their way to the SNES version.
Japanese Wiki said:
FC版では、ROMカセットの制約上、パーティ転送にバックアップ周辺機器ターボファイルを 要すため、そのままの移植では市場性がないと判断された。そのため、このシナリオ移植を跳ばし、初めてでもプレイ出来る『リルガミンの遺産』が「ウィザー ドリィII」として発売された。その後、本作『ダイヤモンドの騎士』は、初めてのユーザーが新規作成キャラクターを用いてプレイ出来るよう、大幅なバラン ス変更や迷宮の再構成を行い、さらに#4・#5からの追加モンスターや#5からの新魔法を加えた上「ウィザードリィIII」として発売された。これらの更 なる移植であるSFC版(同時収録)やGBC版も、2作目と3作目が入れ替わっているため注意を要する。

尚、蛇足ではあるが、このシステム改変によって後の#1・#2・#3のSFC・GBCリメイク移植版も同様のシステムが取られるようになった。
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ウィザードリ....E3.83.89.E3.81.AE.E9.A8.8E.E5.A3.AB.EF.BC.89

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just dropping in to say that I finally got around to read this LP and enjoyed it greatly. Kudos to Ms. Bee for LPing one of the games I was always curious about, but would not have the time and/or patience to play myself. :bro: Great job! :greatjob:

The LARPing part was not bad either, btw. :D

Bee, I know about Wiz 4 thread, but did you also (or maybe you plan to) LP Wiz 2 and 3?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Beware returning to your LP ways Bee.. I might start badgering you about the Whale's Voyage 2 again. :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom