Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Wizardry!

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm all ears. :avatard:

Renegen

Arcane
I laughed out loud several times during that intro, a Codexers party couldn't possibly have this much promise! Keep posting drunk, I guess I'll have to follow this. I also dont mind Laidlaw being 2 different people, more opportunities for lolz.
:thumbsup:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Buying stuff

pete.png
Hey Josh, who are these weirdly named guys surrounding me? I... I'm not sure I like the way they're looking at me!

josh.png
Don't fret, Pete. Those are our gold bags. They're expendable, and won't do you any harm if you only stand still.

wiz00_0112.png

pete.png
Whoa, man! Are you inspecting me?

gaider1.jpg
Let me inspect him, Josh. *giggles*

pete.png
Josh, please, don't let Gaider near me! I'm not romancing him! Don't let him do it to me!

wiz00_0114.png

josh.png
Just don't move, silly. Gaider, leave him alone. We still need him on the team, and unbroken.

wiz00_0115.png

josh.png
There, all their gold is yours now.

josh.png
All right, just a couple more sec... I'm gonna remove them one by one.

pete.png
It's cool, man.

wiz00_0119.png

Thanks to what is probably the most famous money exploit in the history of the genre, we can now stock up on some of the nicer stuff. For that, let's head to Boltac's Trading Post.

wiz00_0120.png
wiz00_0121.png

todd1.png
Go for the weapons, bro.

laidlaw1.png
Can't have awesomeness without a weapon. Believe me, Pete, I'm an expert.

wiz00_0123.png

Being a Fighter, Pete can equip any of the available weapons except for the Rod of Iron (a 1D6 weapon with a +1 to-hit bonus that can only be equipped by Mages and Bishops).

wiz00_0126.png

We won't be buying anything too fancy for Pete, I'm afraid. A Long Sword should suffice.

wiz00_0133.png

As for the armour, a Plate Mail (AC -5) should be good enough without being insanely overpriced.

wiz00_0135.png
wiz00_0136.png

Fighters can also equip Large Shields, which further lowers Pete's AC by 3.

wiz00_0138.png

And hey, a Helm (AC -1) is a nice thing to have. Not much of a choice of helmets, I'm afraid.

Todd gets the same gear as Pete. Together they're Team Bethesda!

pete.png
:bro:
todd1.png

Now who's next?

wiz00_0152.png

gaider1.jpg
The image of future grisly murders burning in his mind, Gaider plunged into the trading post on the edge of the town.

laidlaw1.png
Uh-oh, it's on.

gaider1.jpg
Ignoring the clawing branches that scraped at his face and clung to his cloak, he blindly forced his way into the shop.

wiz00_0153.png
wiz00_0156.png

felicia1.png
Give me the dagger, quick.

laidlaw1.png
..... David?

felicia1.png
I said give me the dagger, Hawke. Time is of essence.

laidlaw1.png
"Hawke"? *reluctantly* Oh no, not this again...

hawke1.jpg
Here's the dagger, Tallis.

felicia1.png
But... Hawke, this isn't a dagger, it's a short sword!

hawke1.jpg
You have to trust me, Tallis. You have to, if we're to make it through. Together. Do you... trust me?

felicia1.png
I... trust you, Hawke. *gives a coy smile*

pete.png
What's up with these two?

todd1.png
Shh, they're role-playing.

Short Sword (1D6, +3 to-hit) is a better option for Gaider the Thief than a Dagger (1D4, +1 to-hit), so we go for it. Padded Leather (AC -3) is kind of pricey, but Gaider's going to get hit a lot, so he better be protected.

gaider1.jpg
While you were busy explaining things, I also snatched a Small Shield, haha!

Whatever.

wiz00_0173.png
wiz00_0175.png

As promised, Sawyer gets a flail (1D7, +3 to-hit) instead of a gun.

josh.png
Will have to do.

And a Shiny Chain (AC -4).

josh.png
I'm not one for shiny things. *shrugs*

mca1.png

josh.png
What?

wiz00_0181.png

Laidlaw gets a Staff (1D5) as well as basic Robes (AC -1); there's no other armour he can equip, alas.

wiz00_0191.png

MCA receives the best staff there is (Studly Staff, 1D4+2, to-hit +2, swings +1) simply because... well, he's MCA. Can only have the best things.

mca1.png

josh.png
Why have you bought such an expensive staff, MCA-sensei? It's not like you're going to be in the front row, and you won't even have much opportunity for melee!

mca1.png
All these years, and you still don't understand, Josh, do you?

josh.png
I... I'm sorry, MCA-sensei...

wiz00_0194.png
wiz00_0195.png

MCA the Bishop also buys Padded Leather and a Small Shield.

So... all set?

laidlaw1.png
Time to make awesome things happen!

todd1.png
Visceral action ahoy!

du2.jpg
Sup, guys. Sure you didn't forget anything?

gaider1.jpg
Eh?

du2.jpg
You forgot to equip the ring.

pete.png
Equip... the ring?

josh.png
You mean equip all the gear we've bought, right? Thanks for the reminder. Get to it, team.

todd1.png
Hey, when did you get to be in charge? These Obsidian upstarts.

josh.png
Just... equip it.

gaider1.jpg
And equip they did.

Next time: we hit the floor!

Peter

Arcane
This gonna be good. Marry me, Ms Bee :oops:

Crooked Bee said:
josh.png
You mean equip all the gear we've bought, right? Thanks for the reminder. Get to it, team.

todd1.png
Hey, when did you get to be in charge? These Obsidian upstarts.

n4ed1dc7ed4b85_medium.jpg
Just... equip it.

It's a pity you didn't include Garriott in your party, I suspect he would make a great Lord. Still, looking good :salute:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
gaider1.jpg
And equip they did.

:clap:

This looks awesome so far. Of course it's highly unlikely you'll finish this LP if you continue with similar amounts of this neat inter-party dialog. But you have my best wishes. :salute:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Glorious! I agree ghostdog's sentiment, though, and fear that despite the sheer awesomeness of party banters you will be eventually forced to cut them short, if this LP is going to get anywhere. :M

Sitra Achara said:
Neato :thumbsup:

(how do you find the time for all these LPs?)

I've been asking myself the same question ever since I started to follow Bee's first LP (sadly, it's dead half-linkless wasteland now ;( ). The fact that all those LP were finished within a year is just :shock:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Peter said:
Marry me, Ms Bee :oops:
:love:

Sitra Achara said:
(how do you find the time for all these LPs?)

I've no clue myself. :/

ghostdog said:
This looks awesome so far. Of course it's highly unlikely you'll finish this LP if you continue with similar amounts of this neat inter-party dialog.

Yeah, I'll probably have to cut down on the party banter eventually.

Repressed Homosexual
Unless you use save states (at the town only, maybe?), I don't see how this LP will be viable, I think at some point you will suffer a party wipeout and give up out of frustration. There's never quite anything like the raw fear of dying in the early Wizardries... but most of us have lives and can't afford to play with party members for hours and hours on end only to lose all the time invested because we made one mistake.

I gave up on Wiz 1 in what I think was the eight floor, I was teleported in a room full of poisonous traps and couldn't make my way back to the entrance.

If there's something you need to know that will prove to be very useful: if you step on a harmful trap... don't turn left or right, because it's going to register as if you stepped on it once more every time, and it probably means your mages and especially your cleric is dead.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Humanity has risen! said:
I think at some point you will suffer a party wipeout and give up out of frustration.

Considering the number of completed LPs under her belt, I think you're underestimating the tenacity Bee the Crooked.

29.gif
Cj2GW.png
That's right. I'm a Codex Senior Popamole Eradication and Containment Tactical Recon Element.

Damn straight :salute:

Crooked Bee

Patron
A couple of things:
1. I've already played through the DOS versions of Wiz 1, 2 and 4 this year, so I generally know what to expect.
2. Yes, I do plan on backing up the game when in town using save-states. Other than that, I won't be relying on them, of course. This LP is meant to show off the series and its dungeon design (that's why I'll be posting the floor maps too), as well as to LARP a game developer party, not to give up out of frustration. I had enough frustration when playing these games for the first time.

Oh, and turns out I overlooked Sceptic's post earlier. :oops:

Sceptic said:
BTW Bee-san, how does the SNES version compare to the PS/PC Llylgamyn Saga from the late 90's (or did you mean only the originals when you said you played the PC version?)

Yes, I only meant the originals. No clue about Llylgamyn Saga.

Sceptic said:
How does SNES version treat death? Because if it's the same as DOS there's gonna be a LOT of pulling hair out

Supposedly the same. We'll see. :P

spekkio

Arcane
Great job.

But also another proof that CB is actually a rogue AI made by US Army...

:rpgcodex:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
spekkio said:
Great job.

But also another proof that CB is actually a rogue AI made by US Army...

:rpgcodex:

Shodan + Skynet = Crooked Bee?

Well, it's good to have rogue AI like that on our side.

Provided she's not here to destroy us :P

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Hmmmm... SHODAN's habit of referring to the player as "Insect" and Crooked Bee having, well, a Bee for a name does seem like a suspicious coincidence.

lightbane

Arcane
Ulminati said:
Hmmmm... SHODAN's habit of referring to the player as "Insect" and Crooked Bee having, well, a Bee for a name does seem like a suspicious coincidence.

Wasn't Bee supposed to be Black Cat's alt?? :M

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So Bee is SHODAN and Black Cat is what happened after the japanese stole the source code for SkyNET?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom