Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Wizardry!

Redlands

Arcane
WarHamster said:
Most excellent LP! Two thumbs up. Carry on. :salute:

P.S. How is this humanoid figure in red robes a bear?! Crazy Wapanese art direction - might look good, but will make no sense.
Crooked Bee said:
03wiz231.png

I'm not sure of course, but one explanation could be is that this is a screenshot of later on in the battle. I haven't played Wizardry 1 in a while, and didn't get too far, but if it's like Might and Magic 1-2 if there's mixed groups of monsters only one image will be used, so if there were 3 Ninjas 6 Bears they might just use the ninja picture, even after the ninjas are all dead.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nope those are unidentified bears. :P As to the why, it is of course a peculiarly Japanese mystery.

Probably something along the lines of "It's so dark in here. I wonder who those red-eyed men are... Aaaah, it's a bear!"

Redlands

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
Nope those are unidentified bears. :P As to the why, it is of course a peculiarly Japanese mystery.

Probably something along the lines of "It's so dark in here. I wonder who those red-eyed men are... Aaaah, it's a bear!"

lol Maybe they're bears in the "hairy gay man" sense then?

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Floor 4, Part 2

Previously on Wizardry, we were just about to take the elevator down to B4 to face the mysterious trial the evil Andrew/Werdna had in store for us.

04wiz381.png

Laidlaw presses the B4 button, and we're instantly taken down to level four.

richardandrew3.png
Welcome! Now lift your arms up and down! One two three four... Put more into it! Lift your arms higher!

richardandrew3.png
Stretching your entire body is great to get that energy flowing! Exercise is good for the soul! Don't you feel your body and soul start to rot when you stay in the dungeon all day long?

josh.png
Have we come here just for the exercise?

richardandrew3.png
Just for the exercise? Did you say "just"?! Don't make fun of exercises... you'll make exercises cry!

map1-04.png

We are currently at (10,8), which means we can now explore the second, more interesting part of B4.

There's another elevator at (10,0), but we can't access it yet.

04wiz384.png

richardandrew3.png
No entry! We're working our butts off making repairs! SOMEBODY - or perhaps multiple somebodies - broke the elevator, the idiot(s). It doesn't work.

04wiz387.png

pete.png
Ugh... I feel sick, Todd.

todd1.png
It's foul magicks, I'm telling you, Pete!

richardandrew3.png
Stupid bastards! You thought I'd let you in without a trial? Tee hee.

04wiz390.png

There's nothing we can do about this door at the moment, so let's rather head north.

richardandrew3.png
So naïve, so clueless! Aaaahhhh, your naïveté turns me on! Quicker, quicker, to the north!

04wiz392.png

richardandrew3.png
Look what I've prepared for you! A testing ground! I'm sure you'll appreciate it. *giggles*

04wiz393.png

richardandrew3.png
Oh no, intruders! Someone broke into my testing grounds! So unexpected! Unleash the monsters, tee hee!

richardandrew3.png
Didn't I warn you about the monsters? What, I didn't? Eh, let's not worry about the details... That's my motto in life.

04wiz395.png

The alarm has sounded, and that means the encounter rate is going to be pretty high in here.

04wiz397.png

pete.png
Whoa, this game has dragons?! Man, so it isn't so bad after all.

todd1.png
Sure, it lacks visceral action...

gaider1.jpg
...the romances...

laidlaw1.png
...or the button of awesome.

pete.png
But hey, that's a start!

laidlaw1.png
A step in the right direction.

todd1.png
Yeah, it's something we could work with, at least. And with our talent, I think we could just make something out of it.

pete.png
Something more... majestic.

laidlaw1.png
Something more... awesome.

gaider1.jpg
todd1.png
laidlaw1.png
pete.png
We want to be dragons!

Gas dragons appears in groups of 1D4, have 5D8 HP each and armour class of 3. A Gas dragon can do up to 3 attacks per turn, dealing 1D4 or 3D6 damage. As their name indicates, they can breath gases that may poison your characters.

Dragons are also spellcasters. Gas dragons, for instance, can cast all Lvl 1 Mage spells.

01gasdragon1.gif

Thankfully, we managed to surprise them this time, no doubt with our enthusiasm and wild outcries, and even though we don't really stand a chance of wiping them out before they can do all kinds of nasty things to us, we can at least hurt them real good.

04wiz406.png
04wiz407.png

Next turn we prepare some spells to help us make it through this fight: Sawyer casts Bamatu to lower our AC by four, and MCA goes for a Katino in an attempt to put the monsters to sleep.

02gasdragon2.gif

Todd leaps at a Gas dragon and finishes it off. If there's one thing Skyrim has taught him, it's how to slay dragons in style.

03gasdragon3.gif

Gaider's thieving skills must have really improved: his ambush is now pretty deadly.

gaider1.jpg
Pretty and deadly, honey.

04wiz415.png
04wiz417.png

Thankfully, the remaining dragon decides to cast Halito instead of breathing poison at us. A dragon kamikaze, no doubt.

04wiz420.png
04wiz421.png

Being no less experienced in fighting dragons than Todd, Pete easily deals with the last of the dragons, which earns us 1037 experience points. Not bad at all.

04wiz425.png
04wiz427.png

There's supposed to be a treasure repository at (8,16), but alas, the room is empty.

richardandrew3.png
You thought I'd just let you claim my treasure that easily? Think again!

So let's rather go to (12,15).

04wiz463.png
04wiz465.png

Along the way, we run into a group of Ogres. Ogres tend to come in groups of 1D8, have 4D8+1 HP and AC of 5. They only attack once per turn, for 2D6 damage, but they can put you to sleep sometimes.

04wiz488.png
04wiz489.png

This time, everything goes smoothly, and we gain 800 exp.

Then we finally reach (12,15).

04wiz492.png

The Monster Allocation Centre has the game's most challenging encounter so far (at 12,14), which can be safely called our first real boss fight. It took me a lot of effort, and lots of TPKs, to pull it off at our current level (lvl 6), and I'll only be showing off the last and successful attempt. This fight can't be avoided if you want to access the second elevator at (10,0).

04wiz497.png

The encounter is fixed and pits our party against 7 foes: two Lvl 7 Fighters, two Lvl 7 Mages (3), two High Clerics (3), and a High Ninja. And yes, it is as bad as it sounds. High Ninja always appears alone (technically, in a group of 1D1), has 12D4 HP and AC of -1, which makes him pretty hard to hit, especially at our level. He can attack up to 3 times per turn, hitting for 3D8 each time. Like all Ninjas, he also has a chance of delivering an Auto-kill attack. High Priests (3) know the Priest spells up to level 5, appear in groups of 2D2+3, have 8D8 HP and AC of 2. They can also hit in melee for 1D8+4 points of damage. Lvl 7 Mages (3) appear in groups of 2D1, have 7D4 HP and AC of 8. They can cast all the Mage spells up to level 4. Finally, Lvl 7 Fighters have 7D10 HP, AC of 0, and can hit up to 2 times per turn for 1D12 damage.

Long story short, this fight definitely isn't a walk in the park.

richardandrew3.png
Please enter the ring... of death!! Mwuahaha. And let the show begin!

match8.png

richardcom3.jpg
Here in Monster Allocation Centre, Mad Overlord's dungeon, we have a big night of action in store for you! Brought to you by Origin Systems along with Westwood Studios and sponsored by Electronic Arts!

richardcom3.jpg
Introducing to you our two impartial and highly experienced judges scoring this bout from ringside. From Sosaria, Shamino Sallé Dacil, a solemn ranger.

shamino3.png
I'm glad I do not look as aged as he does!

richardcom3.jpg
I'll pretend I didn't hear that.-- From Earth, Sir Dupre, a knight and a handsome fighter.

dupre3.png
It's Du-pre! Sounds like dew pray, dammit!

richardcom3.jpg
And now we have a woman at ringside who knows quite a bit about boxing. From Sosaria -- or was it Britannia? -- we have Julia, an agile and kindly tinker.

julia3.png
Aye, and wha' can ye be askin' of me, ya prick?

dupre3.png
(Hey, thou! Yes, thou! Just between thou, myself and the lamppost, thou hadst better watch Julia. She hath a temper!)

richardcom3.jpg
What are your thoughts on today's match, Julia?

julia3.png
Wha' be I thinkin' of today's match? I be thinkin' self-preservation's the first of nature's laws, self-sacrifice bein' the highest rule of grace. An' I sure hope the developers will be graceful tonight! Khekhekhe.

richardcom3.jpg
Words of wisdom from Julia.

todd1.png
Hey, what did these scary freaks come here for?!

julia3.png
...Ah, yes. We came here to laugh at you. Gahahahahahahahaaa!

shamino3.png
Ahahahahahahahaaa!

dupre3.png
Gahahahaha, gahahahahaaa! Gahahaha, gahahaaa! Hoo.

richardcom3.jpg
Ahem, anyway. Alongside me here, my co-host, Mr. Iolo FitzOwen, a most charming bard.

iolo3.png
Yes, it's always been a hobby of mine. Have you heard the piece "Stoning" that I composed some years ago?

richardcom3.jpg
Introducing to you first the challengers on my left, fighting out of the blue corner, entering the ring wearing gold trunks with black trim -- Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome... The Developers!

[applause]

richardcom3.jpg
And their opponents across the ring, the defending champions on my right, fighting out of the red corner, wearing light blue trunks... Introducing High Ninja, two High Priests, two Level 7 Fighters, and two 7th Level Mages -- known collectively as the Monsters!

[applause]

richardcom3.jpg
So what do you think about the affair tonight, Iolo?

iolo3.png
Though there is still need for the instruments of war, as I grow in years I would now take up those of peace. ... Oh, the affair tonight? Well, I think the big thing that you should look at when considering this fight is the fact that the fellas involved are all in peak shape.

richardcom3.jpg
There is no doubt about that. The Developers have that singleness of purpose, those minds of, er, mixed brilliance, and of course the experience of popping moles. They have all that going for them. The Monsters have the levels on their side, top notch agility, certainly tremendous strength.

iolo3.png
I think one big story that we haven't mentioned could be the heat here tonight. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE 80s, and the humidity is probably IN THE 90s. It's got to take an effect, and which one goes first could be the answer to this fight. ... Me? I'll just play my lute and receive the good wishes of the people.

richardcom3.jpg
A great scene going on on the stage there now, at this very moment. I don't think we can catch it with our microphones, but... Gaider and Laidlaw, obviously, yelling across the way at High Ninja trying to psyche him and taunt him.

gaider1.jpg
You think you're better than ME, huh? Think again, shithead. I'm the best motherfucking ROMANCE writer this side of Japan! I've been working my BUTT off to get to where I am now! You're NOT gonna stop me now! I'll make you go all EMOTIONAL and then romance the SHIT out of you!

laidlaw1.png
D-don't come any closer, you freak! Or else... I-I'm gonna push the button, I swear!

iolo3.png
This is all part of their tactics. This is something we're going to have to see, the Monsters, whether they can tolerate this, whether they will.

richardcom3.jpg
High Ninja looks pretty serious himself right there, cracks a little smile as he looks towards our camera. There's the face of determination.

iolo3.png
They all seem like they're in good spirits. Everybody kidding around with each other. I actually see it a good fight. Nobody looks like they're afraid of each other, that's for sure!

richardcom3.jpg
It's getting very close to fight time.

iolo3.png
I think it should be a real good fight.

richardcom3.jpg
Look at this now, as they stare. The Developers beginning to talk to the Monsters. They're really putting the stare on each other. Laidlaw has that serious look. MCA definitely talking to High Ninja, trying to solve this peacefully. Doesn't look like he'll succeed. Look at High Ninja give him the word.

iolo3.png
So the stage is set. We're just about ready to begin round one.

richardcom3.jpg
Monsters ready. Developers ready. We're waiting for the opening bell.

[bell rings]

richardcom3.jpg
Here we go!

04wiz618.png

richardcom3.jpg
Sawyer starts off with a Bamatu trying to soften the Monsters' blows.

04wiz619.png

richardcom3.jpg
Todd quickly across the round getting the first punch.

04wiz620.png

richardcom3.jpg
Pete moves slow, bouncing around shifting left to right, certainly dancing slipping punches.

05bossfight2.gif

richardcom3.jpg
Pete lashes out with a light left, too much for Mage to take.

04wiz623.png

richardcom3.jpg
Gaider dances seductively now moves into the shadows. He may look bulky, but this man sure knows his trade when it comes to role-playing an assassin.

04wiz633.png

richardcom3.jpg
Laidlaw drops that Mahalito, taken on the forehead by Lvl 7 Mage.

04wiz634.png

richardcom3.jpg
High Priest discovering Gaider has him slightly confused, hitting him for fourteen with that Badial.

04wiz636.png
04wiz638.png

richardcom3.jpg
High Priest silences the group making obscene gestures, MCA cannot speak now.

04wiz639.png

richardcom3.jpg
Mage enveloping the Developers in darkness backing them to the far corner.

04wiz640.png

richardcom3.jpg
High Ninja taking advantage of that. There's that left upper cut and jabs to the body of Sawyer.

04wiz641.png

richardcom3.jpg
Pete still sliding around both ways, Fighter's punches missing him.

04wiz644.png

richardcom3.jpg
Six monsters left standing now. What do you think, Iolo?

iolo3.png
All these fellas are still capable of dishing out tremendous punishment. The Monsters do it with a punch, the Developers do it over a period of rounds. It can go both ways.

04wiz645.png
06bossfight3.gif

richardcom3.jpg
Laidlaw's idea is to mahalito High Ninja backing up him and his henchmen in the corner and when they get tight let Pete whale away that vicious hook knocking Mage off his feet forever.

04wiz651.png

richardcom3.jpg
Laidlaw wasted his last energy on that move and cannot speak now.

04wiz652.png

richardcom3.jpg
Sawyer trying to hold High Ninja but failing. High Ninja moving cautiously.

04wiz655.png

richardcom3.jpg
A wild left hand stab thrown by Todd taken on the side of the head of High Priest.

04wiz657.png

richardcom3.jpg
High Priest's Badios scratching MCA for 2, MCA laughing it off.

04wiz658.png

richardcom3.jpg
Five opponents left now, the Developers sure getting the hang of it! But the Monsters still strong, still fighting!

shamino3.png
Go on, show them!

04wiz686.png

richardcom3.jpg
Fighter, with a vicious uppercut, misses, ticketed for the head of Todd barely touches him.

julia3.png
Your mother would be ashamed!

04wiz687.png

richardcom3.jpg
High Ninja ties Todd up landing two heavy strikes for eighteen damage!

pete.png
Your pain is my pain, Todd!

04wiz688.png
04wiz689.png

richardcom3.jpg
High Priests hyped up, stand back, eye Todd and Laidlaw up, hurl Badials.

04wiz690.png

richardcom3.jpg
Gaider having his problems, failing ambush check.

04wiz692.png

richardcom3.jpg
And the fight goes on, still five opponents left. Monsters looking better now, looking fresh!

04wiz693.png

richardcom3.jpg
Pete thrusting violently at High Ninja, his punch slips by the left ear.

07bossfight4.gif

richardcom3.jpg
With a sweet right hand to High Ninja's forehead, Todd knocks him out. Tide of battle turning in the Developers' favour!

iolo3.png
Such an unexpected tragedy!

julia3.png
Lowly brats!

dupre3.png
Come, my Fighters, kill the role-playing upstarts!

04wiz700.png

richardcom3.jpg
Laidlaw confused, forgets he's been silenced. What a scene!

04wiz702.png
04wiz703.png

richardcom3.jpg
Two wild right hands taken on the side of the head of High Priest! There's a real strong right hand just underneath the heart.

gaider1.jpg
Come now, felicitate me!

04wiz705.png

richardcom3.jpg
Fighter fakes left, throws the straight right hand but misses pathetically, Sawyer barely noticing it.

iolo3.png
What a tremendous, tremendous pace this round.

04wiz706.png

richardcom3.jpg
High Priest dances back, hangs on, then scores five with a Badios.

04wiz719.png

richardcom3.jpg
Only four of the Monsters left standing, their thirst for blood higher than ever!

iolo3.png
Psst, my lord. I thought I saw Shamino root for the Developers.

shamino3.png
Thou art a swine, Iolo!

04wiz721.png

richardcom3.jpg
Todd picking up steam, unleashing a majestic straight left at High Priest.

04wiz723.png
04wiz725.png

richardcom3.jpg
Sawyer gets a quick, short jab at High Priest. Not a big deal, but every blow counts! High Priest returns the favour.

08bossfight5.gif

iolo3.png
Pete dances crazy looking to deliver the real heavy blows.

richardcom3.jpg
In a stunning finisher, knocks High Priest to the floor! Doesn't look like he's going to stand up any time soon.

04wiz741.png

richardcom3.jpg
This cannot be! Just three of the Monsters left! Four mighty foes already slain by the Developers! Are they really more than they seem? Do they have it in them to win the fight?

04wiz750.png

richardcom3.jpg
Good right hand thrown by Sawyer. High Priest bouncing back, almost falls out of the ring.

04wiz751.png

richardcom3.jpg
In a violent thrust, Todd bends him over.

shamino3.png
Just look at that, Dupre!

dupre3.png
That's Sir Dupre to thee!

shamino3.png
Sir Dupuke? Didst thou say Sir Dupuke?

dupre3.png
Du-pre-!

shamino3.png
Pardon me, Sir Dupuke!

dupre3.png
I'm not going to listen to this anymore!

04wiz753.png

richardcom3.jpg
Next round, both groups now very much more fatigued than they were a round or so ago.

04wiz755.png
04wiz754.png

iolo3.png
I caution you to look to the one punch that Fighter can deliver at any time; this man is devastating to say the least.

richardcom3.jpg
Alas, these punches aren't there at this particular time. Fighter's left hand not effective. Meanwhile, Pete tries to pull a sneaky right hand but misses.

09bossfight6.gif

richardcom3.jpg
In a dramatic knockout, Todd kills the remaining High Priest!

04wiz760.png

richardcom3.jpg
Only the two Fighters left now! It seems that, well, the match is going the way the Developers want!

pete.png
Hey, first boss, you're screwed. Screeewed!

04wiz761.png
04wiz764.png

richardcom3.jpg
Gaider, Todd and Sawyer all throwing more punches at Fighter now. These punches will hurt. Fighter just takes them.

10bossfight7.gif
04wiz768.png

richardcom3.jpg
30 seconds into the round, Pete finishes Fighter off. Overwhelmed, his partner misses.

04wiz769.png

richardcom3.jpg
Not much to be said about the fate of the bout any more...

04wiz807.png

richardcom3.jpg
Pete lands a heavy devastating blow at Fighter.

iolo3.png
That was no phantom punch.

pete.png
Hell yeah! I'm invincible! I'm the BEST!!

todd1.png
You're so cruel, Pete... But that's why I love you so...

04wiz808.png

richardcom3.jpg
And the Monsters are all on the ground! The Developers have done it!

iolo3.png
The Developers have done it!

dupre3.png
They have done it!

gaider1.jpg
We... have done it?

shamino3.png
This is the most impressive scene ever seen in the history of dungeon crawling.

richardcom3.jpg
The most heartbreaking scene, an incredible scene. The place is going wild.

julia3.png
Them Developers ha' won. Impossible!

iolo3.png
The thing you said was impossible they've done.

richardcom3.jpg
Absolutely unexpected.

04wiz810.png

richardandrew3.png
I have to admit you put up a good show, you bastards.

mca1.png

richardandrew3.png
The treasure is yours!

04wiz811.png

The chest is protected by an Exploding Box trap, which Gaider easily disarms.

gaider1.jpg
Wow, what a crappy trap! A craptrap!

Todd found Potion.

04wiz820.png
04wiz821.png

richardandrew3.png
Only one question remains... can you take it? Can you bear it?! Ahahaha.

todd1.png
What is he on about?

gaider1.jpg
*shrugs*

04wiz938.png
04wiz942.png

MCA identifies the rod as Rod of Flames, the potion as Potion of Neutralizing, and the ring as Ring of Death, then hands the ring over to Pete. The problem with the Ring of Death is, it reduces the carrier's HP by 3 with every step we take! Another nasty thing is, the more HP you have spent fighting and the fewer healing spells you have left, the less of a chance you have to carry the ring back to town.

Will we be able to make it back to town without having to drop the ring?

For now, however, let's explore the now accessible room at (11,11). (Note that Pete's HP is being depleted as we explore around.)

04wiz943.png

richardandrew3.png
Ah! My old laboratory. Make yourselves at home!

Looks like we have no way but to take the orange-glowing door, finding ourselves at (11,10):

04wiz944.png
04wiz945.png

richardandrew3.png
Yes, "brave adventurers", slay me! Take my amulet! And may the gods guide you. *giggles*

04wiz946.png

We find the Blue Ribbon, which lets us access the second elevator. But we have another problem on our hands currently!

Namely, the problem of our HP drastically decreasing! (Degenerating health! Only in Wizardry!)

04wiz948.png
04wiz949.png

We hurry back to B1.

richardandrew3.png
Carrying the treasure, doesn't it feel good! Haha, carry it! Carry it!

04wiz952.png
04wiz953.png

Pete's HP hits 6, and we have to hand the ring over to Todd.

richardandrew3.png
Lost and lonely children, although in despair, gathering up all their strength to go ahead, tee hee.

04wiz954.png

It doesn't take long for Todd's HP to be reduced to 3, and the Ring of Death is now Gaider's.

todd1.png
...Oh, nooo... The dryness is too much! We're gonna DIEEE! Hurryyy! Wateeer! Foooood!

richardandrew3.png
Haha! Feel your HP drop! Think you can handle it?!

pete.png
You HUGE JERK!

04wiz957.png

Next it's Laidlaw's turn to be carrying it.

gaider1.jpg
So, so tired...

04wiz960.png

laidlaw1.png
I'm tired... no more...

josh.png
Stop whining, crybaby! We'll figure something out! I mean, sure I'm scared...! But we're REALLY doomed if we just give up!

Not much left now...

04wiz963.png

richardandrew3.png
So they made it, my dear. They made it. But I won't let them ruin my dream. We're well-protected, my dear. Oh yes, we are! I shall RECLAIM my HONOUR!

Phew, we've barely made it. But the reward is worth it!

04wiz965.png

The Ring of Death sells for 250000 gold!

pete.png
I love gold!

todd1.png
We're dirty rich now! Like back in the real world!

:yeah:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Amazing. Nothing short of AAAwesome :salute:

Can you drop the ring, then go back to town, and then find it again? Or will it disappear?

The Ring of Death sells for 250000 gold!

pete.png
I love gold!

todd1.png
We're dirty rich now! Like back in the real world!

:yeah:

:lol:

I think that's like pocket money to them.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Mrowak said:
Can you drop the ring, then go back to town, and then find it again? Or will it disappear?

You cannot drop it, it'll just disappear, yeah. If you want that gold, you have to carry the ring back to the base somehow.

torpid

Liturgist
Great update!

So... much... LARPing :P

Crooked Bee said:
richardandrew3.png
So naïve, so clueless! Aaaahhhh, your naïveté turns me on! Quicker, quicker, to the north!

Yeah once they find this perv at the bottom of the dungeon he's going to gag and whip them, no question.

Crooked Bee said:
gaider1.jpg
todd1.png
laidlaw1.png
pete.png
We want to be dragons!

God no

But as a matter of fact: Next Dragon Age Will Draw From Skyrim. Truth in fiction.

Crooked Bee said:
Like all Ninjas, he also has a chance of delivering an Auto-kill attack.

Not as hardcore as Skyrim's 1-shot kill enemies. :troll:

That last part with the ring of death being passed around the party is great; the game doesn't pull any punches but the reward is worth it. 250,000 is huge though -- in one of the earlier updates weapons and armor cost a few hundred gold. Do prices rise a lot or are you basically set for the rest of the game now?

Crooked Bee

Patron
Thanks. :3

lightbane said:
too much LARP IMO.

Yeah, I went a bit overboard. :oops: Still, I had to do a turn-by-turn commentary for the boss encounter, and I had to find a way to present it in a non-boring way. Otherwise most of the readers would've fallen asleep in the middle of the update.

I am, however, worried that some may be turned off by excessive LARPing, yeah. On that note, some of the posters who were active ITT earlier no longer seem to comment on the updates. :( Has the quality dropped much?

torpid said:
That last part with the ring of death being passed around the party is great; the game doesn't pull any punches but the reward is worth it. 250,000 is huge though -- in one of the earlier updates weapons and armor cost a few hundred gold. Do prices rise a lot or are you basically set for the rest of the game now?

Set for the rest of the game, yeah.

Edward_R_Murrow said:
How many words was it? Can you join the "Over 3000" club?

Ugh, I'd rather not hit the word count button. :P

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Crooked Bee said:
I am, however, worried that some may be turned off by excessive LARPing, yeah.

mca1.png
LARP is the only answer here.

Seriously, though, I didn't find the amount of LARP to be excessive, though I can see how it can become troublesome for LPyer - you spend more time LARPing than playing the damn game, It's your call Miss Bee.

On that note, some of the posters who were active ITT earlier no longer seem to comment on the updates. :( Has the quality dropped much?

I blame Christmas. Myself I take a few updates in a row periodically, these days. This dosn't mean I lost interest. I ain't have no time :(

Still :salute: to the most amazingest LPyer.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
A majesctic update.

I'd say LARP in key moments or strange occurrences only. Mainly because you'll burn out.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Fighter attempts to chew Pete
Sawyer tries to ram High Priest
Pete thrusts violently at High Ninja
Todd leaps at High Priest
MCA takes 2
Come now, felicitate me!
There are buttons here, press one
Sheesh, my gaydar just gaider'd.

Lovely update sis, keep LARPing and nevermind the bollocks :salute:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm still totally reading this LP and looking forward to the next update even though I skipped half of the latest update. Think the larp and detail on the boss fight was a bit too much, at least for my tastes.

Majestic47

Learned
Wow....you were really doing it to make the combat read out interesting for the readers, right?
I mean. If I had tried LPing this, I would've just skipped on the blow by blow and maybe highlight some combat critical moments.

Majestic Effort, Bee. :salute:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Thanks. I'm not sure I did it well enough, but I know I would've covered the boss fight blow-by-blow in any case. It may be boring, but I consider it essential for a dungeon crawler/RPG LP (it may be just me, of course). At least I don't cover every fight almost blow-by-blow, as I did in my Uukrul LP. :p

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom