Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Watch a Newfag Struggle Through High Difficulty BG!

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I recently got BG off of GOG and I've been hooked. So screw it, let's play this.
You got two options:
  1. BG:EE on Legacy of Bhaal
  2. Or Original Edition on Insane
I'm gonna play through with a Codex-generated party, save for maybe Imoen. This is semi-blind, as I've only played up to Chapter 4. If a character besides the Bhaalspawn dies, I will switch them out for the next character on the chopping block roster using Shadowkeeper. If Imoen dies, I'll switch her for another character. So sign up and vote for your preferred method! BTW, if we use EE, then all BG2 class kits are available. Also, UI looks very similar to base game in EE now (not exactly, but still.)
EDIT:
Also, this will be as thorough as a blind run can be.

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Goddamit, I thought there'd be more interest in this and I could roll the characters tonight!

boot

Prophet
can you create characters after the first update?

Wayward Son

The first update was going to be creating characters. The Codex is supposed to submit their characters for execution.

boot

Prophet
Fighter/Thief
Chaotic Good
Stats and Skills- up 2 u

kill imoen, let me replace imoen. i'll b ur sister

Wayward Son

Kay, will pre-roll. You'll be best when it comes to disarming traps. I'm guessing you'll want Classic Edition.

Wayward Son

Problem. How do I make a party in BG1: Classic? Nvm, I figured it out.

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
Baldur's Gate 1 is a thoroughly overrated game on Codex and just recently reevaluated, as witnessed on Codex top 70.

Anyway, Make me a Kiran type of character, but female.

Name: lacgirl
Female Elf
Rangers, Dex max,
Specialization Long Bow.
Enemies: humanoid.

To make BG1 party you need to play in multiplayer, I think.

Wayward Son

You can't take humanoid as a racial enemy. Choose again. Nvm, I chose skeletons (closest thing to humanoids)

profreshinal

Arcane
Courage "run" Nobleblood
male human bard (skald if you play a version that allows it)
likes: singing songs behind the backs of the peasant fighters
dislikes: close combat

Wayward Son

I can take skald if I use EE, but not otherwise, this is a no mods playthrough.

Wayward Son

Let's Watch Me Fail
Episode 1: Meet the Vanguard
Welcome to the first episode of BG 1 on Max Difficulty Semi-Blind! Whew. That's a mouthful.
Anyway, without further ado, I hereby present:
d0tbXze.png

Baldur's Gate Classic
HRtg5K0.png

glSI6ZS.png
Time to go and buy the stuff Gorion wanted. I don't even know what a Diledoe is... Wait, who are you people? Get away from me! Why are you surrounding me?
A8ts5h7.png
Shaddup kid. We were hired to bodyguard you by some old man.
glSI6ZS.png
I don't need bodyguards. I can fight. I can magic. I'm good.
A8ts5h7.png
Yeah? Well, we're getting paid when the job's done, so I ain't leaving you.
glSI6ZS.png
Fine. Can we at least have introductions?
A8ts5h7.png
Well, alright. I'm Azira, dwarven priest, ready to heal and smash skulls in equal amounts. With my trusty BanHammer, I can kill anything, so you'd better watch yer mouth.
TlAxw2O.png

T0o3HGh.png
I'm lacgirl, but you can call me lac. I swear to all the gods if you call me lake, I'll cut your balls off an' feed 'em to ya raw! I can shoot anything from a mile away with a good bow, especially men. Cuz I'm not one. Yeah. I'm a woman. As in lacgirl.
glSI6ZS.png
Uh, huh.... Er, and you?
YdI8oh5.png
I'm a paladin, and the only one of these jerks who will follow the laws. I'm good with swords and bows and am very intelligent. I come from a land called Parie and I proudly wear the colors as such. You may call me Comte
1QkeWKN.png

p96AkmT.png
I just be yer average bard and performer and vagabond extraordinaire. My name is Courage NobleBlood, but most call me "Run!"
glSI6ZS.png
Uh, huh. Sounds great. I can't tell if you're joking or not.
Zalj3or.png

410EaDq.png
Hi! I'm boot! I'm a thief who can fight too! I'll be your sister. *winks*
glSI6ZS.png
I... uh... well, umm. What?
pknl0kx.png

glSI6ZS.png
*Still Confused* Let's go inside and get some... stuff.
glSI6ZS.png
Ooooh. Stuff for me?
glSI6ZS.png
Sure, some'll be for you.
4FisooW.png

Here's our party now. This is likely to change. I'll be surprised if any but my character survives.
wmC8d3e.png

We buy some stuff and here's our equipments.
6TxuYZf.png

As a F/M, I can't cast magic when armored, but the only spells I have are Shield and Identify anyway.
RD7TYsU.png

As a F/T, the best armor boot can use is studded leather, if she wants to be able to thief.
lTlo6R3.png

Azira can use all armor, but this is the best we could afford. Azira wanted warhammers, so warhammers it is.
of8Wj9O.png

lacgirl is a ranger, so bows and swords. Splint mail (best armor available right now.)
HA9C7p4.png

Courage NobleBlood (submitted by profreshinal) is only proficient in ranged weapons so he'll sit in the back and pelt shit while the rest of us smacks the shit outta it.
nn3kXkw.png

Poor Frenchman. By the time we got to him, we didn't have enough money for better armor. He's got a sword and shield though, so he's happy.

Phew. First update down, many more to go. The Vanguard of Incline's adventures has just begun.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom