Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LGS Siege Engine

Chamezero

lel how did I miss this back in december. System Shock 2 dev on 8chan
87a785fd6c.png
Link to the archived thread
http://8archive.moe/v/thread/1450747/

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
87a785fd6c.png
I'm not good at PC controls and I didn't find SS2 that difficult to play. I'm tempted to claim that this smells fishy but I've recently started to realize that people are far more retarded than I'd previously imagined. Now the fact that SS2 is fucking scary, that shit makes it legit difficult to play.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
I'm not good at PC controls and I didn't find SS2 that difficult to play. I'm tempted to claim that this smells fishy but I've recently started to realize that people are far more retarded than I'd previously imagined. Now the fact that SS2 is fucking scary, that shit makes it legit difficult to play.
The fact that you even had to write this...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
87a785fd6c.png

Huh. This might not be an actual SS2 dev, but somebody who has gotten access to the Dark Engine source code that was used to make the NewDark patches. Or even somebody from Square Enix/Eidos Montreal who has access to the Thief source code (same engine as SS2), which I assume they inherited. Notice that one of the files in that screenshot starts with "Thief".

Considering posting this on the OtherSide Entertainment forums.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You're looking way too deeply into this shit and it's not clever.

Also, I haven't used this word in a year or two, but posting this on the OS forums is the gooniest shit I can imagine. Is your detective's hat a fedora? Really, guys.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Huh. This might not be an actual SS2 dev, but somebody who has gotten access to the Dark Engine source code that was used to make the NewDark patches. Or even somebody from Square Enix/Eidos Montreal who has access to the Thief source code (same engine as SS2), which I assume they inherited. Notice that one of the files in that screenshot starts with "Thief".

That's not the Dark Engine source code, that's the prototype Siege source code, which would have succeeded Dark as the LGS house engine. If you wanted to prove your creds, this is how you'd do it.

Also, Ion Storm and Square/Enix didn't inherit anything. When LGS closed down, their office equipment was just thrown away or auctioned off on the cheap by their creditors. All of their assets and development material got destroyed, unless someone had local copies on a home PC. It turns out from later leaks (Thief2 Gold, the Deep Cover assets, more recently NewDark) that some people did, but, for very good reasons, the few people who know the sources aren't identifying them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

That's not the Dark Engine source code, that's the prototype Siege source code, which would have succeeded Dark as the LGS house engine. If you wanted to prove your creds, this is how you'd do it.

Also, Ion Storm and Square/Enix didn't inherit anything. When LGS closed down, their office equipment was just thrown away or auctioned off on the cheap by their creditors. All of their assets and development material got destroyed, unless someone had local copies on a home PC. It turns out from later leaks (Thief2 Gold, their spy game, more recently NewDark) that some people did, but, for very good reasons, the few people who know the sources aren't identifying them.

Ooh. Posting, then.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
The window says, "Siege Pre-Alpha 1.0 MSVC debug playtest". Doesn't look like anything to do with Dreamcast. The icons suggest it might be a CAD interface, but that's already reaching.

Also, I wouldn't make a big noise around this, since later in the thread, the dev expressed a preference for staying anonymous.

Raapys

Arcane
Only reason for spreading this would be to make this guy's life more difficult.

A horse of course

Ban Infinitron for doxxing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom