Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Life is Strange [5 episodes of Gone Home]

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
am I the only one who literally burst out laughing at Ep. 3's ending?

No, I'm sure there are other psychopaths out there.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
OK, so I finished it. First life got REALLY fucking strange, then the ending ruined everything. Seriously, it's How I Met Your Mother bad, or Mass Effect 3 bad. :negative:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
They went for the David Lynch card, and they went at it a bit too hard. Although I admit I got legitimately spooked at a few points.

Venser

Erudite
Episode 1 is now indefinitely free on all platforms.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Legendary Digital Studios Partners with Square Enix and dj2 to Adapt Award Winning Episodic Videogame Life Is StrangeTM into Digital Series

BURBANK, Calif., 27 July, 2016 – Legendary Digital Studios and Square Enix will join forces on the development of a digital series based on the critically acclaimed, multi award-winning video game, Life Is Strange™, it was announced today by Greg Siegel, Senior Vice President of Development and Production for Legendary Digital Studios. The project will be developed and produced in conjunction with Dmitri Johnson and Dan Jevons of dj2 Entertainment who recently produced the upcoming film Sonic the Hedgehog for Sony Pictures. Life is Strange™ was brought into Legendary by Cory Lanier who will oversee the project with Siegel.

Life Is Strange™ follows the story of photography enthusiast Max Caulfield, a high-school senior who discovers she can rewind time while saving her best friend Chloe Price. The pair soon find themselves investigating the mysterious disappearance of fellow student Rachel Amber, which uncovers a dark side to life in Arcadia Bay. In addition to winning the BAFTA for Best Story, the Peabody Award, the Golden Joystick’s Performance of the Year and The Game Awards’ Games for Impact Award, Life Is Strange™ has garnered over 75 Game of the Year awards and listings.

Life is Strange™ is one of those rare properties that combines incredibly developed characters and storylines with deeply engaging gameplay,” said Siegel. “It lends itself perfectly to live-action imaginings. We couldn’t be more excited to partner with Square Enix, DONTNOD Entertainment and dj2 to bring the world of Arcadia Bay to life in an exciting new way.”

“We’re proud and excited to be working alongside Legendary to realise a new version of Arcadia Bay and Blackwell Academy complete with our rich cast of realistic, believable characters and memorable events,” said Jon Brooke, VP Brand and European Marketing at Square Enix. “Now that the first episode of the Life is Strange™ game is free to download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Mac and PC, there’s never been a better time to play or to introduce a friend to the beautiful world of Arcadia Bay”.

To celebrate, there’s a brand new trailer showing Max and Chloe in action available now. Check it out here.

Legendary Digital Studios, Square Enix and dj2 are currently meeting with potential writers for the series adaptation.

Should've just skipped the game and made it a TV show from the start.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Harrr, will be interesting to see what ending they will come up with. They would have to pic a canonical ending or somehow wiggle their way out. If I had to take I guess I'd say they ..

will go with 'Chloe lives' cause they know they have a ton of fans rooting for that and they might want to keep the possibility of a sequel open after all.

pippin

To celebrate, there’s a brand new trailer showing Max and Chloe in action available now.

I don't think it's the kind of action I'm expecting to see.

Lemming42

Arcane
This is bizarre, because a lot of the more impressive details in the story and characters are relayed to the player through the player's own exploration and pissing around with time manipulation. It'd make a perfectly fine and entertaining TV series, but it'd be less interesting and engaging than the game, so it's utterly pointless.

pippin

I don't know if people actively interested in tv series could be considered normies to be honest. At least not in the current year.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
For fucks sake.

Bt

Citation needed?

I just hate that this crap is what passes for "adventure games" these days. That's like someone telling me "Flowers in the Attic" is a fucking meaningful novel because it sold more copies than "Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates". Fucking pass. NEXT.

Bt

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is bizarre, because a lot of the more impressive details in the story and characters are relayed to the player through the player's own exploration and pissing around with time manipulation. It'd make a perfectly fine and entertaining TV series, but it'd be less interesting and engaging than the game, so it's utterly pointless.

Life is Strange wanted to be Twin Peaks so bad it must feel like a dream come true to the developers.

Modron

Arcane
I tried to play this because people kept saying that despite the Tumblr shit it had some interesting things.

I hate all of you motherfuckers.

Chloe is the worst character ever and a terrible friend.
Going to try gone home next?

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I tried to play this because people kept saying that despite the Tumblr shit it had some interesting things.

I hate all of you motherfuckers.

Chloe is the worst character ever and a terrible friend.
Going to try gone home next?

Why would I try Gone Home? I've already seen all five minutes of it on Youtube.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom