Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Linux

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone tried to run it on Linux? Using wine it starts the game and I can see the main menu, however, there is no cursor of a mouse and the game also doesn't respond to my keyboard, which in consequence makes it unplayable as I can't even get past the main menu screen.

Haraldur

Augur
You may have some luck if you exhaustively try a variety of versions of WINE*: I have managed to get Discworld Noir to work (almost flawlessly -- better than on Windows 98) on WINE version 0.59 (happily, someone else had done the exhaustive search before me) but with absolutely no success on other versions I have tried, both earlier and later (I was curious). Discworld Noir does not work (or work well) on Windows versions derived from Windows NT and is rather buggy even when working. I recall that that applied to Prelude to Darkness, too, though I have not tried it.

*have fun**! If you can get the installer to work properly, then you can use PlayOnLinux to just switch the WINE version each time.

**If nothing works, I take no responsibility for your wasted time. Only one other person seems to have tried what you tried, getting the same problems as you (so you can probably cross WINE 1.1.28 off your list -- or try to understand the error messages).

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've read about your problem and tried it on Ubuntu 14 but it behaves like you said. One solution would be to install VirtualBox and put Windows XP on it.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Anyone tried to run it on Linux? Using wine it starts the game and I can see the main menu, however, there is no cursor of a mouse and the game also doesn't respond to my keyboard, which in consequence makes it unplayable as I can't even get past the main menu screen.

What game and what Wine version are you running?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Prelude to Darkness, obviously. Tried Wine 1.9.14 and 0.9.7.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

Prelude to Darkness, obviously. Tried Wine 1.9.14 and 0.9.7.

Can you update to version 1.9.15, try running the game, and post the terminal output in a pastebin?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom