Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline List of overrated RPGs

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Gamebryo is not even an in-house engine by Bethesda. It was made by some company named Gamebase, that would explain why Bethesda is so shit with it, because they are using 3rd party software, and even after 15 years it's still is shit.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
I always thought Torchlight and Diablo were overrated. Back in the day I guess they were well received but now I think they arnt worth playing unless you have it on your phone. I think the artwork of the games are nice, but that's about it. Not much of a story, repetitive gameplay etc.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gamebryo is not even an in-house engine by Bethesda. It was made by some company named Gamebase, that would explain why Bethesda is so shit with it, because they are using 3rd party software, and even after 15 years it's still is shit.
Larian made a better game with it, so did Sid Meier, ergo, fuck Bethesda.

Walden

Savant
Ok here is a list of RPGs which are vastly overrated

1) Planescape Torment - banal, boring, shit combat, too much reading, most people will get bored after first 2 hours
2) VTM Bloodlines - hurr durr vampire larp
3) Gothic 1 and 2 - euro shit trash action rpg by germans
4) Dark soul series - arpgs are shit ok? Action rpgs should not be even called rpgs
5) Witcher series and especialy Witcher 3 - don't even get me started on combat
6) Morrowind - dumbed down Daggerfall, from a tactical dungeon crawler to a story fag intense movie, yea i can see why some people would love it.
7) Deus ex - another game that mistaken it's genre, a stealth game as an FPS JUST DOES NOT WORK

Vastly underrated

New Vegas, probably the most finest RPG since old Fallouts held back by a shitty engine but Obsidian tried to salvage what was possible
sYvjbr1.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom