Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List of Recommended Kotor 2 Mods

laclongquan

Arcane
Let me use this opportunity to stress that

Darker Peragus mod from Nexus is a must

It's a pure graphic mod that allow a stronger horror feel of the tutorial area, instead of the bright shiny playground of the original.

Not recommended if you are not a fan of horror, of course.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
I have Prestige Padawans somewhere in my archive, or know how to get it. If it is important to ya, pm me.

I would like to recommend this excellent little piece of modding: HD Cockpit Skyboxes

Muh immersions... I like it.

U-8D8

Savant
The Unofficial TSLRCM Tweak Pack is good. It's used, (obviously) in conjunction with the Restored Content Mod and tweaks some elements that either don't fit with the narrative or are just plain jarring. Most of its changes are to the dialogue and are minor at that, but the main appeal is it removes one piece of content that should have never seen the light of day.

And before you ask, no, they did not dig up voice files Obsidian left in; one of their mod team devoted her "talents" to voice that particular character. Regardless, here's a link to the mod.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/296-unofficial-tslrcm-tweak-pack/

Word to the wise though, last time I used it, there was a bug when recruiting Jorran for the Khoonda Militia where the quest wouldn't be marked complete. That was a long time ago, so I don't know if they've fixed it or not.

Last edited:

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey. You all should download this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/1060
This mod includes:
- HD Textures for every NPC(Human,Alien,Droid) in the game;
- HD Textures for every male and female armor in the game.

There's also a fix for the transparency issue.

To those having transparency issues there is an easy fix and it also works with the KOTOR 1 packs and can fix grass issues as well, which seem to be prevalent on AMD GPU's (have a VEGA myself).

Visit this page: humus.name/index.php?page=Cool
• Download "GLOverride" (downloads as a ZIP file)
• Extract/Copy "opengl32.ini" and "opengl32.dll" into the Game's main executable folder (containing "swkotor.exe", in "C:\GOG Games\Star Wars - KotOR" by default)
To fix grass issues
• Edit the "opengl32.ini" with notepad and enable (change from 0 to 1) "ForceAlphaToCoverage"
For the transparency issues these values should work fine.
FixClamp = 1
AlphaScale = 2.0
AlphaBias = -0.5

Negatives. This fix disallows the use of reshade as it needs it's own opengl DLL injector. MXAO is buggy and the game has supersampling so not missing much.

Thanks for the hard work Red11BY. I wish I had an Nvidia card to help you with the project. AMD doesn't play nice with the upscaling. The other big differences in textures will probably be things like speeders, any vehicles, ships. Usually these are found in V_, or PLC along with tables and kolto tanks beds and these things are usually shared assets in both games. LEH (Ebon Hawk) might be a good one to do as well, as a lot of those textures are shared for both games.

For those having performance problems in Windows 10 on the new Aspyr patch run the game in XP SP3 compatibility mode.Game runs smooth for me now on Freesync even without the "disable vertex" qualifier custom line. On AMD also take off framebuffer in the ini. It causes the brights to be way too bright and will give you a headache.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom