Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List of the must play games

Iselor

Educated
I'll ask again: Do you think my list is shit and that Poles have a different taste than the rest of Europe (in Poland Gothic love - I hate)?
I have not played in a Summoner, but I'll play.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I'll ask again: Do you think my list is shit and that Poles have a different taste than the rest of Europe (in Poland Gothic love - I hate)?
I have not played in a Summoner, but I'll play.
I've outlined the games in my post (before the previous) that make me think that your taste is shit.
And yes, if you dislike Gothic, your taste is definitely crappy.

Speaking of Poles, that was just a joke. No need to be butthurt about it.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Haha, Gothic is shit. About cRPG you have no clue.
Yeah, Mass Effect is truly a crpg, goddamn, quit in the very beginning due to these hardcore console controls and complex dialogue. Took me 30 hours to choose who'll sleep with me, and oh boy, that was the most hard choice in my life with the most hardcore consequences.
No rpg made me feel like that, definitely.

Iselor

Educated
Mass Effect was something original, is one of the few sci-fi titles. This is a good action RPG.

The best cRPG (with hack and slash):
6. Diablo + Hellfire + Diablo 2 + LOD
7. Morrowind
13. Mass Effect 1
15. Jade Empire
Im from Poland.
That explains everything.
Well, almost everything.
Even poles aren't that dumb, heck, even DraQ can drop a few worthy posts from time to time when he's not butthurt about someone having a negative opinion about TES games.
That kind of retardation in your post is pretty close to CyberP and Chaotic_Heretic level.

Fuck you. I hate those shitty popamole games. My tastes are much better than that.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
Brujah clan is best clan. I've managed to make a nice, balanced out vamp who is both eloquent and deadly. On my next playthrough I'll try Assamite from TFN mod.
Brijah is the dumbest clan.
Tremere can easily fuck you in the ass.

Before they'll finish casting their spell, I will ram a katana up their asses. Altough I do like Tremere. Exploding people with their own blood is fun.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Brujah clan is best clan. I've managed to make a nice, balanced out vamp who is both eloquent and deadly. On my next playthrough I'll try Assamite from TFN mod.

Before they'll finish casting their spell, I will ram a katana up their asses. Altough I do like Tremere. Exploding people with their own blood is fun.
Blood shield turns any situation into a walk in the park.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Blood shield turns any situation into a walk in the park.
Exactly

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Dammit... now I want to play Bloodlines again. I still need to do a Gangriel and Tremere play through, haven't tried those 2 yet.

dryan

Arcane
Dammit... now I want to play Bloodlines again. I still need to do a Gangriel and Tremere play through, haven't tried those 2 yet.
Tremere was my 1st playthrough. It's a little overpowered but fun. Also, it's nice from a LARP standpoint,
that you can become a full member of the clan and live in the chantry.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I normally don't like playing "Mages" thus I never played a Tremere. I more prefer running up to things and BASHING/SLASHING THE SHIT OUT OF THEM.

dryan

Arcane
I normally don't like playing "Mages" thus I never played a Tremere. I more prefer running up to things and BASHING/SLASHING THE SHIT OUT OF THEM.
In that case play Gangrel first. I am the opposite, I like that mage playstyle so much that the question based clan selector pegged me as Tremere from the start. Later I tried Nossie and loved it even more.

GloomFrost

Arcane
In no particular order.

Planescape: torment
Arcanum
Fallout 1,2
Vampire masquerade bloodlines
Alpha protocol
Blaldurs gate 2
Nwn2 MASK OF THE BETRAYER
Dues Ex
Gothic 2 night of the raven

zwanzig_zwoelf

I usually play as a Tremere without using magic unless I really have to. Not to mention that my first playthrough was without using magic at all (except for blood buff).
And I'll be honest here, Thaumaturgy + Melee/Ranged weapons = pure fun. If you've never tried that, it's your loss.

And whoever claims that Tremere are pure 'mages' is either a dumbass or never tried to play as a Tremere. Or both.
(No offense, J, wasting your time among dumb Brujahs can numb your mind a little bit.)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
In that case play Gangrel first. I am the opposite, I like that mage playstyle so much that the question based clan selector pegged me as Tremere from the start. Later I tried Nossie and loved it even more.

Oh I have played and finished Bloodlines several times (OVER SEVEN TIMES™). Of course Malkiavian is the single best experience when playing this, provided you have played through it once before. As a number of your statements are so cryptic and actually reveal quite a few things you would never know just from the Malkiavian perspective.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter

Actually you can do that rather easily with Tremere. A right discipline combo will turn you into a cc monster. Also Maximillian Strauss, the Tremere Primogen, is too awesome for words.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah I love Strauss (and Beckett). Those are probably my 2 favorite characters in the game. If you play a Tremere, do you get some extra dialogue with Strauss (that you can't get otherwise. Like you get some extra dialogue with Beckett IF you are Gangrel)?

dryan

Arcane
Yeah I love Strauss (and Beckett). Those are probably my 2 favorite characters in the game. If you play a Tremere, do you get some extra dialogue with Strauss (that you can't get otherwise. Like you get some extra dialogue with Beckett IF you are Gangrel)?
A little bit, yes.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter

You have. Strauss is generally more nice to you, and the pimped out haven he offers is awesome.

Shame that by siding with him you can't really have the Anarch ending.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom