Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware LOL ELECTRONIC ARTS: The EA Thread

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, it looks like the crash might really be coming. Time to sit back and watch the fireworks.
Slim-pickens_riding-the-bomb_enh-lores.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...her-than-quality-for-battlefield-4-sales.aspx

tl;dr
Bugs and crashes have no impact for sales.
Butthurt flow but people still buy it.
Not to mention blinded (by coins shining) YT BF channels* and gaemz jurnalistz.

* there is other drama - leaked list of YT channels with BF videos that got contract with EA for promoting their game (see no bugs, hear no crashes)
Some of them were so obvious that no doubt only retards&kwans didn't saw it coming.

TedNugent

Arcane
What blows me away is how many popular Youtubers who get thousands upon thousands of views and pull huge weight amongst their subscriber base are latching onto this obvious scam.

Youtubers have absolutely no sense of dignity. Those people are gods of advertising, and they accept $10 per thousand views? There are people with 6 figure salaries at marketing companies that dream of carrying that level of push on the marketplace.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I would sell out for something that wasn't gaming and probably make sure it was an obvious paid product placement.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, it looks like the crash might really be coming. Time to sit back and watch the fireworks.
Stop making retarded predictions like this. Next-gen consoles were just released. Sales figures, especially of one quarter, are meaningless.

Last edited:

TedNugent

Arcane
Hey, 10$ for 1000 pageviews is pretty decent cash.

If you have A) no dignity

And

B) no proportionality for the amount of exposure you're giving to the publisher's shitty game, sure.

If $10 is pretty decent cash, what do you say about the 6 figure salaries that the marketing execs get for coming up with these hairbrained marketing schemes?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
If you've got so little dignity that you'd shill for $10, you might as well suck cocks for a living. At least there you make roughly $50 a pop.

Caim

Arcane
If you've got so little dignity that you'd shill for $10, you might as well suck cocks for a living. At least there you make roughly $50 a pop.
But why suck a man's dick for $50 when you can get that same amount for allowing 5000 people to see you suck a game publisher's dick?

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
But why suck a man's dick for $50 when you can get that same amount for allowing 5000 people to see you suck a game publisher's dick?
it all comes down to frequency. unless you're really lucky on youtube, you can suck a dick much quicker than you can get 5,000 views. i also find rapid sequential fellatio to be more fun and honorable than selling out to a corporation.

TedNugent

Arcane
I can suck a dick in a dark alleyway so that no one else can see me lose my dignity and ransom my reputation for a few quarters EA found underneath their mattress.

I would sell out for something that wasn't gaming and probably make sure it was an obvious paid product placement.

The whole reason it was valuable to EA and other companies was because it wasn't obvious product placement to most youtube viewers. Now that it is the worth probably drops 10-100x.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

The whole reason it was valuable to EA and other companies was because it wasn't obvious product placement to most youtube viewers. Now that it is the worth probably drops 10-100x.
Nah, the people who make purchasing decisions based on youtube videos have a roughly 2 second attention span. They'll have completely forgotten about who pays for the videos by the time the next big EA release rolls around.

Black_Willow

Arcane
I can suck a dick in a dark alleyway so that no one else can see me lose my dignity and ransom my reputation for a few quarters EA found underneath their mattress.
How much do you take?

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I just read this article on the iOS version of Dungeon Keeper. Apparently, you can have your imps dig walls for free, but it could take as long as 24 hours for them to dig out one block. You can, however, have them dig out walls in real time if you are willing to pay per click. Sound insane? Sad, but true. This is how EA treats IP. Anyone thinking on getting in bed with EA should seriously consider the horrors that will be visited upon that which you have created.

The author wonders if all future games will be pay-to-play micro-transaction horrorfests. Lord, I hope not...

Dexter

Arcane
I just read this article on the iOS version of Dungeon Keeper. Apparently, you can have your imps dig walls for free, but it could take as long as 24 hours for them to dig out one block. You can, however, have them dig out walls in real time if you are willing to pay per click. Sound insane? Sad, but true. This is how EA treats IP. Anyone thinking on getting in bed with EA should seriously consider the horrors that will be visited upon that which you have created.

The author wonders if all future games will be pay-to-play micro-transaction horrorfests. Lord, I hope not...
See here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/ea-rapes-dungeon-keeper.85755/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom