Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware LOL ELECTRONIC ARTS: The EA Thread

Unwanted

Contrite

Andhaira
Andhaira
Does that award do anything? If not - why bother.

If I had to hazard a guess, I believe the stock value of such a large company would surely be affected. That means more pressure on the suits, and less bonuses.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I don't think the stock value would be noticeably affected at all. People will hear about EA being the worst company in America - then they'll see an ad for their latest overhyped piece of shit and rush to pre-order it. Then they'll complain about it until they see another ad, and the cycle will repeat. Manboon is not a learning animal.

Unwanted

Contrite

Andhaira
Andhaira
I don't think the stock value would be noticeably affected at all. People will hear about EA being the worst company in America - then they'll see an ad for their latest overhyped piece of shit and rush to pre-order it. Then they'll complain about it until they see another ad, and the cycle will repeat. Manboon is not a learning animal.

Well, the day to day value of stock does get affected by news such as this. People purchasing a company's stuff (or shit, if you will) usually comes into play during bi annual and annual reports, when sales figures are printed for shareholders (and the public) to see.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Victims of EA: Women
weak.jpg

deuxhero

Arcane
Wait, you mean PS2 multiplayer hasn't been shut down on a console level yet? Huh, I just figured the FF MMO was an exception or something.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/12/5710500/ea-executives-sell-massive-stock-amounts
EA's top executives sell massive stock amounts
By Megan Farokhmanesh on May 12, 2014 at 2:17p @Megan_Nicolett

Electronic Arts' executive vice president Patrick Soderlund and general counsel Stephen Bene sold all their company shares, while chief operating officer Peter Moore sold off nearly half of his, according to the company's SEC filings.

Soderlund cashed out 36,133 shares for more than $1.2 million, while Bene sold 7,771 shares for more than $259,555. Moore, who sold 100,000 shares for about $3.4 million, still owns 108,691 shares in the company.

We've reached out to Electronic Arts and will update accordingly.

Last year, then executive vice president Andrew Wilson and Bene sold a total of 57,085 of their company shares. Wilson was named CEO of EA later that year.

EA recently announced that the company was performing better than expected for the fourth quarter of its 2014 fiscal year, as well as the full year, thanks to titles such asBattlefield 4 and Titanfall. Electronic Arts will show as many as six new titles during this year's E3, while Star Wars: Battlefront is expected to make an appearance as well.

SOURCE
Electronic Arts
VIA
GameSpot

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm not well versed in the behavior of executives, but it seems to me this probably means they expect the value of their stock to go down rather than up. Which doesn't surprise me, given the state of the industry.

Turjan

Arcane
I'm not well versed in the behavior of executives, but it seems to me this probably means they expect the value of their stock to go down rather than up. Which doesn't surprise me, given the state of the industry.
That's true. However, it's also good practice not to hold too much stock in the company you work for and sell it as soon as the mandatory holding period is up, if the price is right.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
That's true. However, it's also good practice not to hold too much stock in the company you work for and sell it as soon as the mandatory holding period is up, if the price is right.
Yep, diversification is usually a good thing, you don't want to lose both your job and your investments at once if the company goes under. If EA was a rapidly growing startup then the management selling their stock would be a bad sign, but since it's a big established company that goes both up and down, it doesn't mean all that much.

buzz

Arcane
LOL, the EA building in Bucharest blew up or something like that. I don't have any exact details

Selling immediately before
"Electronic Arts will show as many as six new titles during this year's E3, while Star Wars: Battlefront is expected to make an appearance as well."
says that they think now is better than less than a month from now when they will announce upcoming games.

Moore held on to half of his stock but the two lower guys sold every penny.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Origin is so much fucking shit!

I had to change a computer and I had Dragon Age 2 on it, through Origin. Since Origin stores your saved games in the cloud, I didn't worry about keeping the save files since they were in the cloud right? WRONG! Once I reinstalled the game on a new computer I couldn't get the save files back. There's just no option to get them and it doesn't do to anything automatically. Maybe I am missing something, but I wonder what's the point of cloud saves if they are gone if your hard disk breaks. Fucking EA.
I don't/can't use the Origin cloud saves because they don't give enough space for my needs. It's only like 100 MB or so.

EA: "We have toilet, but very little paper.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Same thing happened with Rage on Steam. Saw cloud icon and though it worked. So few months later, after buying DLC Scourges and suprise - no saves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom