Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LOL Notch is rich but lonely Discuss!!!1!!

Chamezero

notch is having a meltdown :lol:
928e52ed1c.png

171190c186.png

9848eac6b4.png

Screenshots because who knows if he is going to delete his tweets

Drax

Arcane
What a cuck, poor billionaire.
FFS, if you're so lonely and unhappy perhaps instead of bitching you could try... being helpful to people? Or not, be a dick but at least don't go crying on the internet because your mansion feels empty, asshole...

Cromwell

Arcane
How can the man be bored? He can program something, write books, just slack around, travel the world.... and hes crying about having to much time and the money to be able to not have a care in the world.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Oh FFS, go travel the world, help some NGOs, work on something you love, something like that.

Also, guy moves out of his country to an expensive isolated mansion in LA and complains he's lonely.... DUH.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
How can the man be bored? He can program something, write books, just slack around, travel the world.... and hes crying about having to much time and the money to be able to not have a care in the world.
He made Minecraft. Do you understand what it means? He could have made anything and he made Minecraft.
Do you think someone who made Minecraft could be an interesting person?

Sodafish

Arcane
Can't he just buy new friends?

Seriousy though, I can imagine what it must be like. From time to time I'm sure everyone has fantasised about winning the lottery or whatever, but such a prospect genuinely frightens me a bit too: more specifically, how such sudden enormous wealth might affect relationships with friends and family.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
You know what's sad? That people who actually do interesting stuff don't get rich off it. Can't imagine someone who would make a game that isn't an autism simulator whining about empty life.

Cromwell

Arcane
Can't he just buy new friends?

Seriousy though, I can imagine what it must be like. From time to time I'm sure everyone has fantasised about winning the lottery or whatever, but such a prospect genuinely frightens me a bit too: more specifically, how such sudden enormous wealth might affect relationships with friends and family.

Easy. Set up a fund for family and friends, whenever they come whining about money just check whats happening, if they are really in trouble give them something, if they come time and time again kick them in the balls. I personally would move somewhere were I really like it, in my case probably somewhere with a big lake or a few small ones right around the corner, or directly to the sea. Then open a bar or a bookstore, get one or two of my closest friends to come with me. Then just stay there and slack off for the rest of existence, doesnt matter if I actually make money with the bar or store, its just something to do in case we get bored and as an excuse for my friends to do something and not feel like they are leeching off of me.

Suddenly I have all the time in the world to spent it traveling or sitting around writing stuff, and the best thing is even if I cant make a living out of writing I still dont have to stop doing it because I can support myself either way.

Seeing what I make now and what normal person in my country live with I dont need that much money to finance that lifestyle, or a more modest one if I like it. With the amount he has he, all of his close friends, their family and probably the next few generations of his family (if he ever gets one) dont need to worry about anything anymore. So the apropriate reaction to his whining should be his friends punching him in the face repeatedly. I mean imagine that, you go to work every day 40 hours or more a week to support yourself and your family having to commute and all that other pesky shit and than your neckbeard friend with the villa in l.a. comes crying because you dont have enough time to entertain him.

28.8bps Modem

Prophet
I guess he just doesn't know what to do. Why buy a $70 million LA McMansion when you don't have a family or anything? It's just money down the drain every single month when a nice apartment would suit you much better. I just can't imagine in his place being so confused about what to do with my life now I'm suddenly a billionaire. Maybe it's just that he has so many options he's just got choice paralysis.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"I gave you 2 million bucks, you should be eternal grateful!"
He left. Did he expect a shrine of some sort?

Man, with the amount of money he has, he could actually do some good in the world, like building the ultimate rpg :P
But he prefers whining.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
"I gave you 2 million bucks, you should be eternal grateful!"
He left. Did he expect a shrine of some sort?

Man, with the amount of money he has, he could actually do some good in the world, like building the ultimate rpg :P
But he prefers whining.
He can't do anything sensible with the money because he's a nouveau rich that got lots of money on being utterly mediocre person with programmer skills and making a lowest common denominator game.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The guy is 36, has no heirs, why does he even needs so many billions? He could set some millions for himself never to work again, use the rest for charity work & personal projects then live like a (mostly) regular person.

But no, MUH MANSION IN LA!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
The guy is 36, has no heirs, why does he even needs so many billions? He could set some millions for himself never to work again, use the rest for charity work & personal projects then live like a (mostly) regular person.
Instead of doing the smart thing and buying himself a harem. Some people have no imaginations.

Caim

Arcane
He can't do anything sensible with the money because he's a nouveau rich that got lots of money on being utterly mediocre person with programmer skills and making a lowest common denominator game.
Hey, I'm mediocre too. Where's my two and a half billion dollars?

Why doesn't he fund and co-develop Psychonauts 2 like he wanted to?
Given how Tim Schafer manages budgets, I don't all of Notch's money is enough to fund it to completion.

Wait, Notch actually took his billion dollars and bought a mansion in LA so he could cry on twitter with his other twitter friends? Left everyone he knew and everything he did behind just to hang out with the 'in' crowd?

That's some spectacular financial and life mismanagement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom