Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Looks like Pillars of Eternity 2 is going to be officially announced soon

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Really? You're whining about someone giving you a rating you don't like?

Alright, new generation of posters. Ok. Words of wisdom from an old timer: Harden the fuck up. This is the codex.

duanth123

Arcane
Really? You're whining about someone giving you a rating you don't like?

Alright, new generation of posters. Ok. Words of wisdom from an old timer: Harden the fuck up. This is the codex.

You misunderstand. We're just concerned for Infinitron's well being. He'll develop carpal tunnel from his repetitive use of certain buttons at this rate.

But I've come up with an elegant solution. It's my frequent flyer's club for button fiends like him.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
I'm not gonna FigStart your shit, fuck off:
rNqfBlQ.png

FF47fiC.png

oVFjWWP.png

jVFQqO0.png

QOCiFwV.png

AygDuM3.png

9umuTSs.png

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The world and ruleset seem too generic to me. Probably good for a discounted $20 purchase someday.

duanth123

Arcane
“Eothas … the god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia,” reads the press release.
Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroys your stronghold and leaves you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers — answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos.”

:lol:

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
“Eothas … the god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia,” reads the press release.
Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroys your stronghold and leaves you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers — answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos.”

That demand answers part (answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos) looks bizarre and bad.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
That demand answers part (answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos) looks bizarre and bad.

How else is the protagonist supposed to find out whose insurance is cowering the damages to the keep?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroys your stronghold and leaves you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers build a bigger and better stronghold.”
Fixed.

Pillars of Eternity 2: This Time It's Personal.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Dear God.

I read this post thinking it was some kind of joke and then scrolled back and realized (with horror) it wasn't a joke.

:deadtroll:

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
On the one hand, I've been chuckling about "Deadfire" as an RPG subtitle throughout reading the article and then some, and I don't want to support Fig for all the obvious reasons.

On the other, it was clear they'd move over there, despite some issues I did rather enjoy PoE and want to see it continued, that's actually a nice way (Mah stronghold! Mah soul!) with a creative bend (the rising stone titan) to motivate your character, edgelords, and the new setting's enticing, so...

I dunno. I guess it'll depend on what they offer backers this time. Well, we should know in a few minutes.

Flou

Arbiter
I threw my money at them. Though I have to bitch about the mailing fees. 25 dollars to mail/ship the physical copy. Last time around I think it was Paradox that handled that, no way in hell does it cost 25 dollars to mail a game from Sweden to Finland.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Figstart shit is just marketing. They have no money for marketing so they are using crowdfunding as marketing, it's a bit slimy but it's what it is. I am hyped, I enjoyed PoE and appreciated white march, looking forward to this one as it seems they learned their mistakes and are not adding any backer NPCs and other backer customised things into their game now.

Deleted member 7219

Damn it Obsidian. Only you could make me pledge to a Fig project. I actually skipped the Wasteland 3 fundraiser because of Fig, but there's no way I'm not going to back Obsidian when it counts.

Anyway, this is gonna be goooooood!

Suicidal

Arcane
If I was sitting on my castle throne and sipping on a cup of tea when a giant god statue burst out from the ground destroying my stronghold and nearly killing me in the process, chasing it "for answers" would be the last thing to come to my mind. I'd rather just rebuild my castle, or move someplace safe.

Flou

Arbiter
Figstart shit is just marketing. They have no money for marketing so they are using crowdfunding as marketing, it's a bit slimy but it's what it is. I am hyped, I enjoyed PoE and appreciated white march, looking forward to this one as it seems they learned their mistakes and are not adding any backer NPCs and other backer customised things into their game now.

Naturally it's part marketing. They get so much free publicity with a well run campaign that it would be fucking idiotic not to use it. This way they can also spend their marketing dollars better later on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom