Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lords of the Fallen - Dark Souls clone from City Interactive

Nikaido

Arcane
In My Safe Space
9 minute gameplay with commentary

Looks popamole to me. He used the checkpoint to regen his health after killing a few mobs and they didn't respawn.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Are you paid for keeping us updated on this unremarkable game? Because I doubt anyone really cares about another 'dark and gritty' action game, not to mention it being produced by a video game developer from the land of potatoes.
j3uJvFv.png

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
http://steamcommunity.com/app/265300/discussions/0/34094415990398633/

This game is made by a misogynist
.. who thinks it's only "credible" if big burly men use fantasy weapons and magic.
Because as we know, demons, gods and magic are entirely credible and realistic.

See response to #36 here:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/25/lords-of-the-fallen-on-ps4-a-challenge-worth-facing/

You can waste your time debating on the worth of varied protagonists here, or say "Hur hur I don't care".
It's one thing to have a set protagonist, it's quite another to say only men are allowed in your fantasy game because you're too prejudiced to ever think female heroes are "credible" enough to wield magic (seriously, what?)

Don't support these kind of attitudes, we don't need them.

made

Arcane
I doubt anyone really cares about another 'dark and gritty' action game
B-but I like dark and gritty... :(

If it has exploration and atmosphere on the level of DS1 I'll give it a shot. Once I have a PC that can run it that is. Looks too next gen for me currently.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
If it has exploration and atmosphere on the level of DS1 I'll give it a shot.
of course it won't
Why not?
Just watch the videos bro. It's obvious - the atmosphere is not eery/dark/depressive. The levels are linear castles/catacombs. There will be one hub, where you take quests and complete them on those levels etc.
That doesn't mean that it doesn't have exploration or atmosphere. In fact, it seems that the game has a great atmosphere. Is true that is different from DS1 (Darksiders vibe !?) but why not give them a chance.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
If it has exploration and atmosphere on the level of DS1 I'll give it a shot.
of course it won't
Why not?
Just watch the videos bro. It's obvious - the atmosphere is not eery/dark/depressive. The levels are linear castles/catacombs. There will be one hub, where you take quests and complete them on those levels etc.
That doesn't mean that it doesn't have exploration or atmosphere. In fact, it seems that the game has a great atmosphere. Is true that is different from DS1 (Darksiders vibe !?) but why not give them a chance.
made wanted DS1 atmosphere and exploration, there won't be DS1 level of those. I do not say the game is shit. I just stated it's not dark souls.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Heh heh, he/she/xir got banned. Sounds like the moderators took the advice in the last sentence to heart.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/265300/discussions/0/34095131832512095/

Females, stay away.
I don't like having to make posts like this, but hey, I'm standing up for the things I believe in and I'm sick of developers trampling all over female gamers. I know many guys don't get it, and why should you? This isn't your problem, you don't have to deal with it right? In fact, the market is made with YOU in mind, not us girls. That's why female game characters both PC and NPC are always running around in bikini armor.

Here's the whopping reason they chose not to make playable females "Weapons are too heavy for a female to hold."

Really? That's the lame reason you're going with? But I'm sure in real life, since this is their logic, that a man can weild a 100+ lb sword with ease while slaying a DEMON who happens to be on fire. Also, in real life men can apparently use magic and magic staves, because if not they would not have allowed mages to be in this game right?

I get it. When the game is about a character, like Max Payne it's a story about what happened to THIS particular character and the game is about that story, then there is no reason why there should be two playable genders. Can there be? Absolutely, sub in "She", and "Her" into the dialogue if you want tot do it the lazy way. But that's an argument for another day, the point is that I understand why I can't always play as a female. But games like this, or Brink, etc, where there is freedom to create a character and you're just going to shrug your shoulders and post a "Girls Not Allowed" sign up?

It's 2014, when is this ♥♥♥♥ going to stop?

Not sure why this relatively obscure game got targeted by the Roguey crowd

sser

Arcane
Developer
Game looks alright. Don't understand the hate. That every dark game with melee combat is now gonna be "a Dark Souls rip off!!" is going to be pretty fucking irritating going into the future.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Being an awful player seems to be one of the necessary qualifications to be a mainstream previewer/reviewer or a let's player.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom