Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lords of the Fallen - Dark Souls clone from City Interactive

whitepony

Educated
hate_hate_hate_herp_derp_herp:M

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
KkCS.jpg

:smug:

the video is very boring btw, two slow as hell knights try to beat the shit out of each other... and there are 3 opponents (including boss) in the area. WTF?

praetor

Arcane
looks like a true successor of Kings Field... at least in swing speed :troll:

but yeah, art design looks like WoW grimdark edition
levels look superlinear corridor romps to the boss (kinda like some levels in DaS2 :troll:)
combat looks boring, the boss has no tracking so he slices at the air for half an hour. dumb as fuck. should provide a weekend of entertainment when it hits tpb store

Alfons

Prophet
Every new video that comes out makes me less interested in this thing.Still hoping it's good but I guess we all know where that shit leads.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Put that piece of shit on your mantelpiece and let everyone know you're a fucking loser.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
This is starting to look worse as time goes by, but I'm still watching...

Alfons

Prophet
I don't understand the comments about the bust.All limited editions or whatever the fuck they're called nowadays are shit.
Personally I think this one is alright.Just drill a hole in the mouth, stuff your flashlight in there and your dreams of being blown by Kratos are finally a reality.

Kanedias

Savant
Looks extremely boring. The boss was slow, had very few attacks and no tracking at all, so he repeated his long combos into empty air time and time again. It also looked like the dev playing it was trying to make the game appear harder than it is by sucking on purpose, because at first he wasn't even blocking and wasted all those potions getting hit by attacks he could easily dodge later, when he ran out of them. They also seem to believe that making the combat extremely slow is the right way to make it feel "weighty", and that's not how it works. One of the main things that make Souls combat feel weighty is how the enemies and your own character react to getting hit, all the stagger animations and such, and this is absent from this game. The combat did not flow well.

Also the art design is sad. I am tired of this generic crap that has been plaguing fantasy for a long while already. I don't necessarily want hyper realistic armor or anything, I am just asking for something with more personality. This is beyond generic.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are you guys really implying this game looks bad? It's basically Warhammer Fantasy, slightly watered down.

I mean, it's not that good, but when this stands next to the likes of the 'moba' genre, all of blizzard's games and such, this one looks like gold in comparison.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Are you guys really implying this game looks bad? It's basically Warhammer Fantasy, slightly watered down.

I mean, it's not that good, but when this stands next to the likes of the 'moba' genre, all of blizzard's games and such, this one looks like gold in comparison.
Man, playing a linear game with a grimdark bald, bearded dude fighting enemies that are more like big moving hitboxes that can't really harm you unless you suck at video games while seeing a tired as fuck art style... man, DOTA 2 is more fun, thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom