Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

V_K

Arcane
I just hit the swamp area and i have to admit I got mildly bored. Tell me guys, is it worth to keep playing, or have I seen the best part already?
Yep, that's about where things start to go downhill.

just started playing this

having a rip roaring time

music is good, graphics are nice, combat is pretty cool so far

rocking a barbarian, useless, thief front row

cleric, summoner and mage back row

thief is a bit squishy but ive heard good things about his shurikens so ill persevere

nice gam; pity i didnt play it in time to vote for goty

xldPd9A.jpg

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
It seems i'm stuck on the 6 islands of Xulima.I can't sail back to Devonia, and the game guide tells it is the Taliet Eye who give the coordonates of the 7th island, the one where I shall meet the titan.But never the Eye gave me those coordonnates.

Golden Wyvern only give me the egg, and this monster doesn't appear in my bestiary.Is it a bug?
Mausoleum doesn't seem to be the key too.
I guess the princes were right : I am condamned since the 1st time I came in Xulima.

Last edited:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Wwwww if i remember correctly, i think that the guy that sold you the ship will tell you if you ask. Board the ship again, the eye shouldgive you the option to meet the titan
As I said, I'm now stuck to travel beetwen the 6 islands, and I can't return to Devonia to ask the guy who sold me his ship.
The eye doesn't reveal me the position of the Titan's island when I board the ship

At this time, the Taliet's temple is still not cleared.I guess I should have done that before exploring those islands
And I've no cristal in my inventory, so I can't even teleport my party in the continent to try something else and see if the boat can be refound in Devonia harbor

Last edited:

Drowed

Arcane
As I said, I'm now stuck to travel beetwen the 6 islands, and I can't return to Devonia to ask the guy who sold me his ship.
The eye doesn't reveal me the position of the Titan's island when I board the shipr

And, as he said, if you type "WWWWW", no matter wich island you're in, you will return to Devonia. (Even if you didn't ask the guy about it. You can ask him then, if you want, but it changes nothing, really. It just add the "WWWWW" code to the map notes.) Not sure what's the problem. Return to Devonia, search for more clues until you find the correct code for Titan's island.

Last edited:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Hum, okay, I haven't overstood what Serch meant by Wwwww as for me the right letters would have the french ones for West: Ouest!!! :oops:
Thanks guys, now i can finish my Devonia area exploration if the greater Demons in the North parts would kindly let me pass

You_shall_not_pass_by_Mihawq.jpg
:yeah:

edit: it works fine as you have to travel from Devonia harbor if you you to meet this titan.Too bad nothing is said on how to return to the continent from the 6 others islands

Last edited:

Drowed

Arcane
Yeah, I think the NPC should necessarily say the code during the dialogue, without you having to ask, since you obviously would have to come back somehow. For sheer lack of attention you can end up stuck on the islands and, as far as I can tell, this is the only part of the game where you can put yourself in such a situation of "no return". (Unless you have made a horrible party, but I don't think that should count.)

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've gotten all the achievements now except the "Rage of Yul" (find 18 Yul statues) and "Master of the Talisman" (find 50 spheres of energy). Has anybody gotten either of these? The global stats show 0% of people have gotten them, but does that just mean less than 0.1% of the owners? For the statues, I've only found 11, so I'm way off. I have no idea how many of the spheres I've found, but I thought I was very thorough.

Also, has anybody gotten rank 100/100? I've only gotten up to 99/100 and not sure what else there is to do.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I never did find all the Yul statues either. I'm assuming that one upgrade for Gaulen that lets you see more of the overland map might help you find them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.lordsofxulima.com/2015/01/10/lords-of-xulima-coming-to-gog-com/

Following the successful launch on Steam, we are proud to announce that Lords of Xulima is less than one week away from releasing on GOG. On January 15th 2015, gamers will be able to play the DRM-free version of Lords of Xulima.

A DRM-free version of this nostalgic RPG title has been a common request by fellow gamers. We are excited to be able to launch Lords of Xulima as a DRM-free title, for Windows PC and Mac, for the first time ever.

Lords of Xulima is an original turn-based RPG with over 100 hours of gameplay, 9 classes to choose from, custom portraits, and a fantasy world that will provoke you to explore every dark corner.

If you have a GOG.com account, you can now add Lords of Xulima to your wishlist as you wait for the official launch. The regular and deluxe edition will both be available on GOG.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the GOG release, or anything else you may be wondering about Lords of Xulima!

cw8

Cipher
I've gotten all the achievements now except the "Rage of Yul" (find 18 Yul statues) and "Master of the Talisman" (find 50 spheres of energy). Has anybody gotten either of these? The global stats show 0% of people have gotten them, but does that just mean less than 0.1% of the owners? For the statues, I've only found 11, so I'm way off. I have no idea how many of the spheres I've found, but I thought I was very thorough.

Also, has anybody gotten rank 100/100? I've only gotten up to 99/100 and not sure what else there is to do.

I have 11/18 statues myself. As for the spheres, I think that's the DLC which I think I don't have.
Honestly I don't really care about achievements, I always play non-steam DRM-free versions if available. If they released the GOG versions for backers at game's launch instead of waiting till next week, I'll probably just have went that way...

Will be damn grateful if they can exchange the steam key for the GOG key.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

All that appears to be buggy. Everyone on Steam forums seems to be stuck at 11 statues and 48 spheres. Also even the guy with the absurd hiscore who spammed golot buff and summon and threw all gold into the temple pits only got to rank 99. Devs havent commented this, though. Actually, devs havent commented anything at all since release it appears.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I think stunning is also quite useful. It's wounding that seems to be completely useless.

Interesting.

After playing on Hardcore for long time - i think wounding is best, especially vs. mobs like Yotum, Wyverns, Ancient ogres etc.

Bleeding felt useless though. Good only in few fights vs beholders.

Stunning is so, so (and makes bleeding even worse).

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bleeding strike with a high bleed 2h sword works wonders on some enemies.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
I think bleeding weapons are not worth bothering at all. The few times bleeding is actually more useful than wounding or stunning (for example against beholders) I found that shurikens and bleeding strike with my mace soldier plus Gaulen poison stacks will offer enough DOT to kill most yotums, beholders and other stunlock/sleepspell enemies with no problems whatsoever.

jdinatale

Cipher
Hey I'm looking to start this game, do I have to carefully pre-plan and carefully level my party, or can I just have fun with it while still being to complete the game?

not really

my party is level 4 and levelling seems pretty intuitive so youd have to be a weapons-grade idiot to stuff up your build [at least in early game]

now, party members and classes; thats the fun part

im rolling with useless, thief, arcane soldier up front

2 mages and a cleric in the back

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
pick a cleric and youll be perfectly fine. The priestess' speed buff is incredibly useful on the early stages. Level up speed as often as possible on everyone. Don't be afraid to use scrolls in battle, especially if you don't have a bard/mage.
Oh and if you pick arcane soldier, you shouldn't put more than one point in freezing /flaming strike.
Other than that, I don't see how you could possibly screw up your party, after the first tower it becomes very forgiving.

oh and don't even try to make Gaulen on par in combat with everyone else. Before he gets his poisoned strike, he won't be any useful in fights. Better spend points in herbalism, knowledge of terrain, hunting... and also locks/traps if you dont have a thief/bard.
Btw I found identification skill and value estimation skill incredibly useless, don't even bother.

Last edited:

set

Cipher
Anyone else getting BSOD with this game? I've gotten it twice now. Windows 7.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Anyone else getting BSOD with this game? I've gotten it twice now. Windows 7.
Not at all. Neither on Win 7 nor on Win 8. Actually the game runs pretty stable on my systems and besides the broken steam achievements I haven't encountered any bugs so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom