Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm completely stuck at this same exact point. Party needs like 1 xp to level to level 5. :roll:

Whiran

Magister
What is your party's level?
Probably 5 or 6 tops.
Edited to add: I was wrong - level 4 it is.

Jack Dandy, try killing the guards to the city. That's where I managed to get my little bit more of xp that gave me another level and sent me on the road. Oh, if you haven't cleared the beach (to the northwest of the city) do that as well.

If you are up for it you can try killing groups of four mushrooms but at that level they are really really really hard and luck plays a major factor in being able to win the fight. However, after a couple of those fights you should level.

Finally, make sure you've cleared everything and gotten the bonus xp for the clears.

I believe that there might be a way to move through the mushroom field without fighting the mushrooms but I didn't find it. I just brute forced my way through since I'm a terrible navigator in these kinds of games.

The transition point that you are in is a tough one. I couldn't figure out where to go next myself so I wound up bashing my head against the four packs of mushrooms to move on. I reloaded a few times due to wipes to them but it worked.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
aleph Blocked by Ogre.

Whiran Will try that, I guess. Although, I can't even kill the simple group of 2 archers + 2 guards on the way to that.. place to the east.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can see the engage range of the mushrooms if you hover over them. You can move through the fields without fighting a single one of them pretty easily that way.

V_K

Arcane
Welp, I've hit a brick wall.

Cleared out as much as possible of Sporia forest, and the beach. Explored Rat Cave to the end, killed the hounds too. Can't battle past guards or the ogre cunt. :negative:

Might have to restart it on medium difficulty with a different party comp sometime..
On a certain corpse in Sporia wood you'll get the hint on how to circle around big mushrooms and get behind the ogre and into Sorrentia.

Whiran

Magister
aleph Blocked by Ogre.

Whiran Will try that, I guess. Although, I can't even kill the simple group of 2 archers + 2 guards on the way to that.. place to the east.
Have you tried buffing up with every single God blessing known in the game at the priest/healer guy in town? I didn't realize it the first time I went for a blessing but you can take -all- of them and at that level it makes a huge difference.

Plus, do you have consumables at the ready? Specifically mana potions and elixirs?

aleph

Arcane
Go through the Meadow, there is a path, you just have to be careful not to go too near to the mushrooms

edit: seems I was too slow with my reply

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
And so I'm done with the game - haven't finished it in both of my runs (it's very similar to the D:OS, actually, really good start that is followed by you guess what), but just played enough to learn enough from its mistakes. TBH, returning to the theme of review - I might attempt that as I have plenty to say, I guess, but I'll warn you that it won't be like the codexian Wasteland 2 review. I've developed a hype immunity long time ago and I'm very objective and neutral with this shit.

Another thought about the game is that the best difficulty to enjoy it is actually normal. Just playing normal and, most importantly, not grinding. On higher difficulties, grinding is mandatory - not enough placed monsters to progress through the game. On normal, however, you'll still have to grind, but just a little bit. And it won't be as time-consuming, I think.

Finally, in terms of ideal party (to enjoy the game, mind you, not to rape everything) - frontline Gaulen, Thief, Bard & Cleric; backrow Divine Summoner & Mage. Cleric tries to be tanky, Bard is a pure caster, Divine Summoner focuses on offensive heralds - Taliet, Valvet, Raznet, choose your poison. Maybe Alnaet also qualifies, it seems like he has all the clerical damage spells and they're quite good against certain enemies. Unfortunately, Golot turned out to be a big disappointment - no, he's very powerful and, once you get past initial foes, he easily doubles or even triples your encounter income (depending on the encounter), but he's also incredibly chore-ish to play. At first, it's even fun to play around his gold digging (as you need to abstain from killing all foes before he drains them dry, but also sometimes you need to focus the weaker foes fast - he has only enough mana to drain 3 foes and he chooses randomly, so, as long there are 4 foes and one of them is a cheap one, there is the risk to lose some precious gold), but the game is just too long for that shit. You get bored eventually and far from the end of the game. Xafira (the Taiet's herald) was fucking sweet, though. Dunno how she fares against the endgame mobs, but in the mid and early she's almost a goddess herself.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
V_K aleph Oh snap! I completely forgot about it! That worked.

What an embarrassment. Being so close to giving up, forgetting about that note... I'll do my best from now on.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Yeah i agree on the Golot thing with Pope, it gets tedious really fast....

Atm lvl 15 (got enough xp for 17 but refraining till i get more skill points), going slower since i dont have meteor yet and i skipped the hammer spell (since it will be obsolete on 18 and i dont want to spend 3 skill points on it).... at the snow zone, cunavara or whatever. just cleared the mausoleum.

Mages still destroy everything, blizzard on max lvl just wipes groups, including the hounds, they die before they can curse me heh. Fuckers.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
OK made it through that fucking mushroom shit, made it to that new map, creatures are now my level, and I found that teleporter so I don't ever have to do that mushroom crap ever again. All is good.... <3 And I just made level 5. YEEEEEAAAAAH!

V_K

Arcane
OK made it through that fucking mushroom shit, made it to that new map, creatures are now my level, and I found that teleporter so I don't ever have to do that mushroom crap ever again. All is good.... <3 And I just made level 5. YEEEEEAAAAAH!
You're in for a nasty surprise. :troll:

cw8

Cipher
Welp, I've hit a brick wall.

Cleared out as much as possible of Sporia forest, and the beach. Explored Rat Cave to the end, killed the hounds too. Can't battle past guards or the ogre cunt. :negative:

Try to kill off the southeastern most guard in Veregarn guarding the path to Nabros. From Nabros, you're supposed to navigate all around the map through the Prince's hunting grounds to get into the castle in the north to kill the Prince. Once the Prince is dead though, all the harder guards in Nabros disappears. If you have OCD, might wanna level up a couple more levels, buy some 24 buffs (I like going for speed so I get to attack first and more), and finish off all the guards in Nabros. They give good exp and money.

Branm

Learned
aleph Blocked by Ogre.

Hehe just as a note, you can bypass the big mushrooms in sporia via i believe holding tab in order to see their 'agro' radius.

As a funny note, when i played the early access it took me a long time to figure that out. I had actually bought all the buffs from priestess at like lvl 3 or 4, beat the guards on south gate and proceeded almost the whole way to the first prince (never beat him but cleared most of the castle) before i backtracked and finally figured the forest out :) ( i beat the ogre really late...after 1st prince for sure)

As a general note, you really need to buy buffs. You will swim in money after a little bit and they enable you to progress without any grinding.

Last edited:

cw8

Cipher
I really wish we could downrank spells in the game. Number of spells where I did not max out immediately even though I could because of the exuberant mana cost. Also for the storekeepers to keep their lower ranked health and mana pots in stock.

cw8

Cipher
As a general note, you really need to buy buffs. You will swim in money after a little bit and they enable you to progress without any grinding.

Busted most of my money buying skill points. I'm up to 10K gold just for training 1 skill point for the whole party now. I will buy buffs to get past certain enemies that I can't win without them.

Renegen

Arcane
I'm kinda stuck at lvl 17, I know I have to kill the desert guardian but I can't even get him to 50% hp that I get owned. My party is kinda built on secondary effects, a bunch of melees with bleed, poison, wounds and stuns and he's immune to all of that. I might have to do the 2nd prince, but it's not like 6+ elise human soldiers are any easier.

cw8

Cipher
I'm kinda stuck at lvl 17, I know I have to kill the desert guardian but I can't even get him to 50% hp that I get owned. My party is kinda built on secondary effects, a bunch of melees with bleed, poison, wounds and stuns and he's immune to all of that. I might have to do the 2nd prince, but it's not like 6+ elise human soldiers are any easier.

Get to Karraga from Cunavarn. Hang around in the forested areas and clear all the orc random encounters. You can get to the Castle of Karraga from the Forest of Ulrog through a wall breach to clear the 2nd prince. I can't kill the 2nd prince's elite guards even with buffs, I think they're meant to be a level block. In the castle itself, you'll find easy to balanced guards/thieves more suited for your level.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I got a question: I'm running Explorer, Barbarian, Paladin, Arcane Soldier, Divine Summoner, Thief. I'm having trouble getting at enemies in the backline and so am considering putting Gaulen in the backline with my summoner and my Thief, meaning I'll have Gaulen and the Thief maining ranged weapons (probably the Thief on Shurikens).

Is this a good idea? Are ranged weapons good enough that this will hold?

While you are really early in the game, I'd suggest you reroll - Arcane soldier is just putrid. He's worse than both soldier and a mage and can do nothing properly. Also, Thief is a so-so backline choice - it's a waste of his 3.5 hp per level, sorta, and shurikens outperform the bows so much that, in really tough combats, you never want to use bows (if you want to reach someone vital, that is). And, if you pump up shurikens consistently, you should have very few problems with reach damage. Not to mention that in a 4-2 formation you can easily have two highly-offensive heralds, Valvet & Taliet (if you're not greedy and don't go for the Golot one - going for that one is interesting, though). Finally, you don't have a cleric and a party without a cleric will just get fucked up over and over in the second half of the game. Apart from Gaulen, cleric is the only mandatory class, pretty much.

I have to disagree with you on the arcane soldier. my party: soldier, mage, cleric, bard, explorer and arcane soldier. setup: 3-3. soldier, arcane soldier, explorer in the front. the arcane soldier does 35% of the combat dmg with about 1 or 2 skill levels of fire strike. and about 4-5 skill levels of bloody strike. he wields a sword and has high agility. bare in mind that he does not have to have much energy since empowered strikes cost next to nothing on low skill levels but improve with agility for some reason so even if the skill says you do 2-4 fire dmg on hit you get to do about as high as 12-16 fire dmg on hit and it burns like forever. give him a good sword and he kills some enemies one shot. plying on veteran and party lvl is about 17

Renegen

Arcane

Get to Karraga from Cunavarn. Hang around in the forested areas and clear all the orc random encounters. You can get to the Castle of Karraga from the Forest of Ulrog through a wall breach to clear the 2nd prince. I can't kill the 2nd prince's elite guards even with buffs, I think they're meant to be a level block. In the castle itself, you'll find easy to balanced guards/thieves more suited for your level.
I think I've now crossed the threshhold where I can kill 2 Yotuns at once, I did it a few times, the speed shrine in Karraga really helps. Btw, what items should be offered to the shrines? I bet there's rewards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom