Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Light Heal isn't worth putting too many point in. You will get the next healing spell later.

Song of Courage doesn't seem to do shit. It says it raises accuracy, but it doesn't seem to do anything heh.

I would recommend (and this is something I wish I did earlier) when Gaulen gets the Hunting skill, just put 1 point into that. Because most of the creatures you fight at the level when you get that skill can be converted into food if you have that skill.

Last edited:

cw8

Cipher
Maybe it's just me and there's some kind of PLOT TWIST later on (feel free to spoil it for me, I don't care about the story) but I think it's so weird that despite the fact that you're apparently trying to stop him, Yul is all "Oh, you prayed to me, guess I'll give you some HP or something, now bugger off" instead of smiting you

Kinda, only at the ending.

Do early game skills like Light Heal and Song of Courage remain relevant later on? My party is level four but I've been saving my points instead of pumping those skills.

I don't use Light Heal at endgame. Mostly Greater Heal and Mass Regeneration. I have a Divine Summoner whose summon heals my party as well.

roshan

Arcane
From Velegarn is it better to head north skirting through the mushrooms at the Sporia meadow, or east towards the King's land?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
"Dev team thinks of everything" - you cant break sequence and bypass first prince fight even if you manage to kill tough guys who guard gate to north areas.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Still waiting for info if its possible to finish game on hardcore with mage group.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm almost to the end, and a party of Mages would be fine, because you can stun/freeze things like mad. Just keep knocking them down the queue and they will never even touch you (provided you are ALWAYS levelling up Speed every single level).

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm almost to the end, and a party of Mages would be fine, because you can stun/freeze things like mad. Just keep knocking them down the queue and they will never even touch you (provided you are ALWAYS levelling up Speed every single level).

1) On hardcore?

2) if you keep controlling them, who kill them?

3) most important, u have enough mana for battles at end game?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
DFE689FB608EA9E08BC943145BB4835088EADC67

69FFF24FA79BEF2F1C89269C0D1F7671B34A1B61

12054.png

LOVE this game. Shit I haven't played a game for THAT long in a long long long time. Looking forward to the next game.

:takemymoney:

A600

Educated
LOVE this game. Shit I haven't played a game for THAT long in a long long long time. Looking forward to the next game.

I couldn't agree more. After playing 120 hours of Veteran I installed MMX and tried to like it but heck, I just couldn't stand it because it is nowhere as good as Xulima and that's the only problem I have with the game: I know no other RPG will be as satisfying :(

So the only solution I found was to play LoX on Iron-Man mode and I'm loving it.

Rpgsaurus Rex

I couldn't agree more. After playing 120 hours of Veteran I installed MMX and tried to like it but heck, I just couldn't stand it because it is nowhere as good as Xulima and that's the only problem I have with the game: I know no other RPG will be as satisfying :(

So the only solution I found was to play LoX on Iron-Man mode and I'm loving it.

M&MX is good. It's hard to say which one's better, actually. Xulima has polish and streamlining (at the price of some forced linearity and the 'been there, done that' syndrome towards the second half), M&MX - a "truer" open world and difficulty that doesn't plummet towards the end (at the price of having some overly obtuse puzzles/mechanics and being left in an unfinished state, much like Wiz 8). A good year for Wiz 7/8 fans, for sure.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are the higher difficulties harder or just more tedious?

Also, is there any way to make disarming traps have a decent chance? Even with my thief having a skill of 30, he often fails when I auto-resolve even the easiest traps. I was hoping having two guys with traps would add some bonus, but it doesn't seem to.

Rpgsaurus Rex

Are the higher difficulties harder or just more tedious?

Both. Higher difficulty makes it more fun when you finally manage to get past that hurdle, though, so that compensates for the added tedium somewhat. YMMV.

Also, is there any way to make disarming traps have a decent chance? Even with my thief having a skill of 30, he often fails when I auto-resolve even the easiest traps. I was hoping having two guys with traps would add some bonus, but it doesn't seem to.

Eh, just walk over them / heal up.

V_K

Arcane
It's not like the mini-games is superhard...

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's not like the mini-games is superhard...
Yeah, but it gets old when there's a trap every six feet.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update #36:
Game Guide Available: The Secrets of Xulima
Posted by Numantian Games

Game Guide Available: The Secrets of Xulima
Greetings!

The game guide book, called "The Secrets of Xulima" is now included in the Steam Deluxe Edition. In the 200+ pages of this book you will find the Walkthrough, and the glossary of classes, skills and weapons. Backers who pledged for the Digital Guide will receive the guide by email.

042028be90c7c6954d673e43893f8beb_large.jpg

Manual
Finally, Lords of Xulima has a manual that cover all the basic aspects of the gameplay and a reference to all the shortcut keys.You will have it in the game installation folder and also can download it directly from Steam here.

New languages on the works: Russian and Polish
Good news!One of our dreams is that players in all countries can experiment this epic story in their native language, so we are proud to announce that two more languages are coming to Xulima: Russian and Polish. And... we expect to add Italian too some time later.

Mac OSX Players
In the name of the team, we would like to apologize to the players who suffered issues of the initial release version of Mac. We didn't realize that there were so many different computer configurations as in Windows. We have worked and continue working on addressing all the incompatibilities. The game now plays smoothly on our Mac Book Air, Pro and iMAC. We can even say that the best platform for playing LoX is a Mac Book Pro with retina display. The images are so beautiful that even the developers are amazed, take a look at this 4K screenshot.

d78a90ec31d51d13ecf3972d4d840267_large.jpg

Linux Version
The Linux port is progressing well, and we expect to have it before Christmas.

Physical Editions
We are now working on the production of the Physical Editions and if all goes well, we expect to have them ready in time before Christmas. Wait until you see the World Map Poster printed in A2 size!

Special thanks for the Veterans...
We would like to give special thanks to those veteran players who are helping new players in our forum. Thank you guys! And also we are glad that so many players that have never played the classics are now discovering and enjoying that wonderful feeling that surrounded those old-schools games. Bringing back that feeling was the main goal of this game.

And that's all for the moment.

See you soon!

Physical editions by Christmas?!!!

:brodex:

Take that InXile!!

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
those who own the deluxe edition have now a free official guide
bf96099f-42ab-4424-b6fd-0b55195fe8cd.jpg

82642a71-bbfb-4489-9496-7de7051a2ba5.jpg

and the official manual for everyone in the last update

edit: damn, too late.Big up mindx2

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Also, if you like game - spread the word. More people play -> faster we get next chapter (as i understand, LoX is kinda first part of trilogy).
Me, myself, found this game by chance.

cw8

Cipher
Also, if you like game - spread the word. More people play -> faster we get next chapter (as i understand, LoX is kinda first part of trilogy).
Me, myself, found this game by chance.

I didn't, I backed the game on Kickstarter. I like this and MMX equally I guess. I wish they add some form of melee AE for the melee classes, at least let us strike 3 targets.

Also, do merchants eventually sell Ulnalum gear or are they only available from that talking chest? I only got one Ulnamlum sword from that chest for the whole game.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone who finished quest: What items i should keep for myself for Quests?

I know you need:
20 spore's from mushrooms
10 tusks from shadow wolfes
4 Yotumn tusks

(Some) Emerald wyvern eggs.

Anything else?

belated

Augur
Anyone who finished quest: What items i should keep for myself for Quests?

I know you need:
20 spore's from mushrooms
10 tusks from shadow wolfes
4 Yotumn tusks

(Some) Emerald wyvern eggs.

Anything else?

11 hound fangs, I think. And 7 sandworm somethings (tusks? horns? teeth?)

Edit: And damnit, looking at that guide I should have gotten the deluxe version from the kickstarter... now I'll have to get the dlc. Or just get the fancy version from GOG when it gets there and leave the steam version as it is.

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
What average play-time are we looking at for a 1st-time player on normal?

Gord

Arcane
Grind all areas for exp or no grind?

If possible I usually try to avoid too much grinding. If excessive grinding is necessary I'm anyway not too interested...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom