Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yo bros this game worth getting?

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Might have sequence broken the game a bit, but I like that it's fairly non linear.

My favourite thing about the game was battling through the chokepoints early and exploring the areas beyond until reaching insurmountable chokepoints, then returning to the main quest overpowered.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like they're looking out for our Polish brothers... :salute: but still no shipping time for my boxed edition... and console porting talk, again?! :negative:

kickstarter-logo-130-c786b4c0131e4675d4e938b400dcb05d64f7709750ad31d54a87555a0e83dab8.png

Polish Language Available & New version v.1.8

Posted by Numantian Games

Greetings!

Polish Language Available
8ef6180ed26863e59bf6685d82a70008_original.jpg

We have updated the version (v.1.8) and now the Polish language is included among the supported languages. Now the Lords of Xulima speak in English, Spanish, German, French and Polish.
Lords of Xulima has more than 70,000 words, so every new language is a real challenge. And as the game is so long, testing a new language can be very difficult. However, the extra effort is always worth it. We hope that the nice people in Poland enjoy it. To celebrate this, we have launched a special promotional discount.
Russian in the works!
The Russian translation is almost finished as well. We expect to release it in Russian very soon. As we have many fans there, many are asking us for a Russian translation. Bear with us just a little longer. The Future of Xulima We have been less active than before in the forums and with the updates, but that does not mean we are in a Caribbean Island resting and drinking mojitos. We are now at a point where we are deciding our plans for the future.
These are hard decision to make, and before even thinking about doing them we have to be sure they are "possible". So we have been working in parallel with different goals. Here you have some:
Playing Lords of Xulima with a Gamepad?
No, we are not crazy (yet). We are planning to port LoX to consoles, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. One of the first challenges is changing the input system and allow LoX to be fully managed by a gamepad. Some parts are trivial but others will be challenging tasks. How are we going to implement the search for hidden items/buttons? How will the in-game help of the different GUI elements or map elements be displayed? And there are a hundred more problems that may arise that we are considering first.
Porting or not porting?
Porting the game to consoles or tablets will take a lot of effort, measured in time and money. Should we dedicate months of work for the ports? Or wouldn't be a better idea to start the development of a new game?
New game? New LoX gameplay mode? Lords of Xulima II ?
We have so many ideas... too many indeed. We have great plans for the sequel but not for the near future. The sequel will require a much bigger budget and important improvements to our engine. We need to think on a smaller project first, that could be a new gameplay mode for Lox (perhaps the Rogue-like Dungeons of Torment we spoke about our Kickstarter campaign) or a different game. So we are starting to prototype both the new gameplay and the new game concept. At the same time, we are improving our engine so that the new technology can be used for the sequel.
So... yes a lot of decisions and work is ahead. What do you think?
As always, we will keep you informed along the way.
Physical Editions...
For those of you that have one of the very limited Collector's Edition of LoX coming, we are very sorry about the delays. We had additional problems that has caused yet another setback. It is a shame and we know it. It is the only part that cannot be done by the team, so we have to rely on third party companies that have resulted in so many problems and delays. We are so disappointed because we are failing to those firsts backers that trusted us. In the name of the team, we sincerely apologize. You will have your boxes with the best quality possible, but we ask you for a bit more of patient please. The final reward will be worth it.
New Version 1.8
Apart of the new language supported, the latest update includes some performance improvements and small bug fixes.
See you soon!

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath

I say yes. I feel it's a very decent game - not worth AAA+++ price (most games aren't) but since they're only asking about €15 or thereabouts then it's an easy decision. You have to know what you're getting into, though - this isn't a game for storyfags by any means.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
it's one of the best cRPG's i've ever played. it's the game that made me realize that I no longer enjoy talking to NPC's or reading bad writing!

i just enjoy the good combat and the dungeons and levelling up and LoX does this masterfully. i'm glad they concentrated on these aspects and didn't waste time doing a bunch of bullshit with the game like PoE (bleh).

Arthandas

Liturgist
Did anyone managed to kill a riddle imp? I wonder if they drop anything special.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I killed them all because I didn't feel like Googling the answers to their questions. They drop a lot of herbs, so it's pretty nice.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
The answers are in your journal. I never alt-tabbed once with the riddles.

it's one of the best cRPG's i've ever played. it's the game that made me realize that I no longer enjoy talking to NPC's or reading bad writing!

i just enjoy the good combat and the dungeons and levelling up and LoX does this masterfully. i'm glad they concentrated on these aspects and didn't waste time doing a bunch of bullshit with the game like PoE (bleh).

:brodex:

Black

Arcane
Yes, it's a good game, as in, its mechanics are good. More people should focus on gameplay and not 3deep3u bs especially if they can't deliver.
That's why mgs series is shit btw.

Arthandas

Liturgist
I killed them all because I didn't feel like Googling the answers to their questions. They drop a lot of herbs, so it's pretty nice.
How did you do that? They have 5k hp and hit for 150+. Did you skip them until very late in the game?

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Despite all its minor and major flaws, after all it was the RPG from '14 I spent the most time playing. Pretty impressive, considering it was made by some nonames on a shoestring budget.
I really, really hope the bros at numantian start working on a sequel soon.

imweasel

LoX is one of my highlights of 2014. Hopefully the game sold well and we get a sequel soon. :)

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How did you do that? They have 5k hp and hit for 150+. Did you skip them until very late in the game?
Well, I kind of cheated because I had a summoner. It's been a while since I played the game, but I want to say I had the summoner and a person with some ranged attack on one side of the formation. If the guy has something to attack, he won't move, so you can just keep summoning some cheap summons and he'll keep killing them while the other person whittles him down. If you have high evasion, like from having a paladin around, he might even miss a few swings before killing all your other guys, so they can help a bit before they're all dead. I think I set him on fire. I don't think bleeding works.

I didn't do this the very first time you see one, but it wasn't super late in the game. It just takes a lot of patience and a little bit of luck.

T. Reich

Arcane
I've just started my first playthrough of LoX, and I went in sorta half-blind, without the usual extensive preparation.
I've cleared the entire Velegarn area (Save for the Ogre) and got my party to lvl 5 (Gaulen and thief to 6, thanks to exp bonus and traps).
So far it's been a fairly tough to progress for me (playing on Veteran), and I'm wondering if I've missed out on something, or messed up during party creation.
I wonder if I should simply re-make the party and make use of some overlooked features, or whether it would be more entertaining for me to switch to easier duffuculty.

Can anyone answer these questions:
1. I haven't quite understood how trainers work - do they give 1 skill point for the money paid to each char, or just one skill point to a random char? How important are they in the early-mid game to get an edge over mobs?
2. How important are blessings I could get from a priestess? I haven't tried them yet.
3. I've been pouring a relatively large amount of earned gold towards purchasing better gear for my party from the trader. It seemed that since loot (at least in Velegarn) is pretty poor in terms of gear, I'd rather spend my money on some armor and jewelry to give a survivability boost to my chars. Should have I rather spent my money elsewhere? Do gear traders become more important towards endgame?
4. How important are potions, scrolls etc? So far I feel that it's more economically sound to only use them in combat to avoid dying or versus tougher opponents (scrolls specifically), but between combats resting for 8 hours is much cheaper. Is that true?
5. Should I hoard herbs, or is it better to use them right away as soon as I get enough?
6. Are there any ways to remove sickness/curses/mortal woundsapart from expensive potions of priests? Those are really annoying.
7. I don't feel like my party composition is sound. I've got:
Front: Gaulen (tank+noncombat utility) --- paladin (tank+some healing) --- thief (bow+shurikens+thief skills)
Back: cleric (healing only) --- bard (buffs+bow) --- mage (so far focuses on spark only, good for taking out strong mobs)
I feel like paladin's healing is really sub-par, and I'd rather would have a better front row fighter. Was I better off by taking another melee char, or maybe moving cleric to front row as heal-tank and taking another dps-centric char in back row?
Thief was meant as back row sniper, but she's really good in front row with (relatively) high evasion. Would she make a better front row figher with melee weapons focus? Would that hurt her ability to develop thief skills in the long run?
Will mage get better (aoe?) skills soon enough? I feel that her utility is fairly limited atm, and I don't feel like spending sp's on other single-target spells when spark does its job so well.
Should I move my cleric to front row and give him some melee+armor focus? Would it hurt his ability to heal much?
Should I develop my bard's bow skills, or should I rather focus on his bardic abilities?

Last edited:

V_K

Arcane
1. I haven't quite understood how trainers work - do they give 1 skill point for the money paid to each char, or just one skill point to a random char? How important are they in the early-mid game to get an edge over mobs?
To each char. I think they're more important mid-game than in early game - you can't really afford them yet.
2. How important are blessings I could get from a priestess? I haven't tried them yet.
Extremely important in early game. Especially the speed one and maybe agi/strength for melee fighters.
Should I hoard herbs, or is it better to use them right away as soon as I get enough?
There's no reason to horde herbs. There is a reason to not pick them up before you develop Gaulen's knowledge of herbs so that each bush would give you 3-5 herbs at once.
Are there any ways to remove sickness/curses/mortal woundsapart from expensive potions of priests? Those are really annoying.
24-hours rest? It should deal with mortal wounds at least but I'm not sure about curses and diseases (don't remember the game too well).

Soph

Educated
1. Try going for 1 extra skillpoint each level you take, they are not THAT important, since you can buy in bulk if you have more money later.
2. VERY important, beyond critical even if you go in blind and on veteran, your party is fine, there's no "wrong party" really
3. Most gear you get from the trader, so that's the way it's supposed to work. Drops are very inconsequential
4. Always rest between every battle if your party is sufficiently damaged
5. Don't hoard, use them to boost your guys, you can use that small advantage after all
6. Priests and potions, all there is to it, later on your healer will get spells to coutner them too

7, Everyone feels their party compo is shit at the start, just keep playing they'll al become much much tougher later on. I'd say the start was the hardest part for me as well
My thief is on the front row knifing and dodging, she does well
Bard I'd focus on bardskills, especially those stunning songs can really help stunlock the enemy mobs in the early game
Mages will become vastly more awesome, keep in mind that monsters have different weaknesses, some are totally impervious to lightning rendering yoru mage useless. So do get fire as well.
No, don't move the cleric to the front row, she needs to heal ^_^

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom