Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

T. Reich

Arcane
Oh, right, my bad. I didn't remember that it was only a deluxe edition option.
Well, there's always Google :).

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
If you want to play on highest lvl difficulty, i strongly recommend to have written beforehand what skills you going to max each lvl up for every character.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Xulima devs working on "new very secret game" and other stuff: http://steamcommunity.com/games/296570/announcements/detail/79172271466605369

MEGA UPDATE: Workshop and much more!
13 NOVEMBER - NUMANTIAN GAMES
Welcome to Lords of Xulima V.2.0!

To celebrate the first anniversary of Lords of Xulima, we have released a major update with a lot of new things.

The Workshop

Finally, the Workshop is available. With the Workshop, you can create your own mods for the game in which you can change the rule set system to create a unique experience or simply to improve the original game to your taste.

We have created a specific application, the Lox Editor[www.lordsofxulima.com]. With this tool, you can change the global parameters of the game, the encounters, monsters, skill, classes, treasures... in a very easy way. Then you can publish your mods so other users can try your version of LoX.

Players can easily manage the mods and activate them from inside the main game menu. First, subscribe to the ones you like in the Workshop page of LoX and then you can activate them directly from the game.

You now have three Mods available: "No Random Encounters Edition" (created by the Team), "The Deepest Dark" by the user Celerity and the "Streamlined Edition" by Valadurs Erbe. Hope you enjoy them!

LOX_Mods.gif

Improved Game Balance

For the new version, we have tweaked a bit the difficulty levels to achieve a better overall balance. The treasures are now better and the bosses from the mid-end part of the game are now more challenging. The Normal version is a bit harder. Also, the resistances are capped at 90 as many features of the game were broken when you got immunity to certain types of damage.

New Wallpaper and Portrait for Gaulen

LOX_Wallpaper_Gaulen_450p.jpg

Our friend and great illustrator Nicole Cadet [www.nicolecadet.com]has created a new portrait for Gaulen which you can see in the game. There is also an awesome new wallpaper. The HD version is included in the Deluxe Edition. Surely the scene represented is very familiar to you ;o).

New Main Theme

Our composer Nicolas de Ferran has recorded again the main theme with the Russian violinist Maria Grigoryeva playing the Solo Violin. The main theme of LoX is now more beautiful than ever.
Listen it here[soundcloud.com]

And that's all. We really hope you enjoy the Workshop. Playing the new mods can be a new original experience, providing you the perfect excuse to replay Lords of Xulima.

Although we are working on more projects, like the consoles porting of Lords of Xulima and a new very secret game, we will continue working to improve our beloved old-school RPG.

Thank you very much for your great support and see you soon!

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Obligatory, when will the GoG version get the update and how will mods work?

The No Random Encounters one sounds cool. No trash mobs and increased rewards from the hand placed fights instead.

RuySan

Augur
This game would have been perfect if not for the hp bloat near the end. Even so, it's a very enjoyable experience,and I loved the colourful graphics that reminded me of might and magic.

Next games of this developer are going to be day 1 purchases for sure.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Designing a good game:

Make the difficulty at least somewhat high.
Still have more than one solution for any given problem.
Make Darth Roxor ragequit early on as a result of an early game intelligence check.

:troll:

Celerity

It's funny though. This is like the fourth or fifth thread I've seen you complaining about any mechanic that provides any form of resistance or requires any form of intelligence. Cursed Hounds are not even a very good example of this because as long as your backrow can't die from one Lightning the risk level in an encounter with them is very low. And that's a baseline you can hit with base Con and a 24 hour buff so it's not even as if you can gimp yourself out of it.

Mostly it's funny because every game I've seen you rage about is one I'd praise for the exact same reasons. I should just creep out and stalk you so I can find all the awesome games I missed. :troll:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
ur very observant

i recommend arcania: gothic 4 it was also a game i disliked but you might find it awesome

im sure there's lots of resistance and intelligence there to keep you entertained

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Well decided to finally give this a spin since it was rotting in my library for quite some time.

32Aoz8r.png

(The amount of proper nouns this game throws at you during the first 5 minutes is absurd)

Last edited:

Celerity

What difficulty?

Edit: Considering doing a modded LP if there's interest in seeing me fail spectacularly.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Well decided to finally give this a spin since it was rotting in my library for quite some time.

(The amount of proper nouns this game throws at you during the first 5 minutes is absurd)

Reroll with a cleric before it's too late.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, Paladin auras are fucking useless, and the game DEMANDS a dedicated healer, since most fights eventually devolve into attrition wars.

Xulima is a decent game, but I wish they had made a great 15-20 hour RPG, instead of a 100+ hours monstrosity that makes you beg for the sweet release of death and boredom-quit just by reading you still need to cleanse ANOTHER temple, dethrone ANOTHER prince, grab ANOTHER artifact, kill ANOTHER witch....

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Lemme guess....you have 9 classes to choose from but some classes are more equal than others.

Yes. Priests are the only class you really need to have, but having a frontline consisting entirely of mace wielding soldiers is also quite OP (permastun lots of the tougher enemies, cut through trash mobs much faster with powerful strike + rest spam). In general, while Paladin/Bard will be mildly helpful throughout the game, you might have more fun with a strong offensive frontline (soldiers/barbarians, maybe a rogue for variety) to make the trash mob fights as breezy as possible.

And yeah... I got a good 40 hours out of the game before I got bored, but it's definitely too long.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, Paladin auras are fucking useless, and the game DEMANDS a dedicated healer, since most fights eventually devolve into attrition wars.

Xulima is a decent game, but I wish they had made a great 15-20 hour RPG, instead of a 100+ hours monstrosity that makes you beg for the sweet release of death and boredom-quit just by reading you still need to cleanse ANOTHER temple, dethrone ANOTHER prince, grab ANOTHER artifact, kill ANOTHER witch....

I can't echo this sentiment strongly enough.

Celerity

Again, what difficulty? If it's not Hardcore Ironman you can completely ignore Clerics (and Thieves, and anything else mandatory). If it is... you still can, if you buy some potions. With the defense aura physical attacks will deal no damage, and with stacked resists magical attacks will also do no damage.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Put some points into Shurikens with your thief, the bleed is pretty strong. Same goes for swords. I've won quite a few of the harder fights by applying bleed and then just tank/heal until the enemy dies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom