Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

Reinhardt

Arcane
LoX%20II.jpg
I'd rather go with 4+2 than 3+3.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
4+2 is definitely better to spread out the damage on the front. Though a thief with ranged weapons in the second row is probably fine too.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Oh, you do? I thought you said you were waiting because you didn't have it on Steam and the mod wouldn't work with the version you had. Am I confusing you for someone else?

gunman

Arcane
Developer
What tough bosses? The boss fights in this game are really anti climatic, normal enemies are much more of a threat. And he dies from 1 hit from basically everything, so it doesn't much matter if statuses don't work (it might matter if enemies spam spells on him, but by that point your entire party should have effective immunity (90%) anyways).

From memory the ancient vampire from the mausoleum in the desert area (the dried riverbed) is quite difficult for a low-mid level party. And on hardcore some monsters have lots of hitpoints, I don't see how you can one-hit them.

Celerity

The Ancient Vampire is kind of hard. But we were talking about the Kersket summon, who like all the summons dies in one hit (unless immune).

As for enemies though, you can't one hit kill late game enemies but you still can kill them quickly, the highest trash mob life is a few thousand, the highest boss is 13k.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So after finishing the first four temples, how do you proceed? Is it through Vilack?

Speaking of which, is the only way to safely walk there by upping up the fire defense?

roshan

Arcane
So after finishing the first four temples, how do you proceed? Is it through Vilack?

Speaking of which, is the only way to safely walk there by upping up the fire defense?

No one of the artifacts lets you walk around there with minimal damage....

Celerity

If you've only done 4 temples you should have recieved an item from the fourth. Use it.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
kickstarter-light3x-6162716c43d86f4527fa5b719d64b56ecaf68fffa0cf206bd94f3a995b9c5492.png

New Languages: Russian, Chinese and Italian
Posted by Numantian Games (Creator)
Greetings!

2b3271a4a276f60e4ac85a7cf74da495_original.jpg

New Version v.2.1: Three New Languages Available
The new version of Lords of Xulima is available now and includes three new languages: Chinese, Russian and Italian.

We would have loved to release it sooner but we have experienced several delays with the translations. Also, languages with different alphabets like Russian and especially Chinese have been a real challenge to support. Anyway, we have learnt a lot and we promise that future games will be translated into all the languages for the official launch. Everything, from the world map to the Deluxe Edition books have been translated.

Hope you enjoy it!

Future Projects of Numantian Games
We are currently working on two main projects.

First, porting LoX to consoles. We have just finished the gamepad support for LoX. It has been quite complex as the game has many different mechanics, but after a lot of work the game is fully playable with a gamepad. It feels very intuitive and fast to play.

Second, we are working on a new game in a different genre. What could it be? Any guess? :) It is a secret at the moment... but we hope to start talking about it very soon.

In the meantime...
We are also sketching what Lords of Xulima II will be. We are exploring new ideas and taking all the feedback possible from the forum comments and reviews. We have created a new forum branch "Lords of Xulima II Feedback" where you can write your ideas and wishes. Here you can comment on what parts or mechanics you have enjoyed the most from LoX, and which of them you enjoyed less or would change. We would love to hear your ideas! We will periodically update the post to collect and summarize the feedback.

Thank you very much to all the players of LoX. Thanks for sharing it and recommending it. The success of this game has only been possible with your support.

All the best!

Celerity

Deepest Dark says: You ain't ready for me.

:kfc:

So after much delay I'm working on Deepest Dark 2.0. It will refine and enhance the difficulty even further, change enough that even if you tried the earlier versions you'll still be surprised, and will also revise the skill system so that it's more interesting and dynamic on the hero side of things. It will also advance beyond the tutorial region, Cunavern and beyond which is kind of important. :P

It is still in testing as of the time of this posting but it is going extremely well.

Key differences apparent early game by this point:

Gaulen learns Wounding Strike (and Bleeding Strike).
Thieves also learn Bleeding Strike.
Arcane Soldiers can equip and train Daggers, which have been substantially buffed.
Paladins can equip and train Axes.
There's no multiclass penalty on skills (I might readd a lesser one).
All of the combat and semi combat classes start with 2 ranks in weapon skills instead of 1 (it still costs 2 skill points per additional level for them).
Most low level spells (not skills) have had their skill point and/or mana point costs reduced.
Many underpowered skills had their skill point costs reduced.
Every class gives a few starting items, not just Explorer and Thief.
The following classes get 1 additional skill point per level: Cleric, Thief.
The following classes get 2 additional skill points per level: Divine Summoner, Explorer, Mage.
Mana stat gains for most classes have been changed. Instead of every class gaining mana based on energy, each class has its own stat

Barbarian, Soldier: Strength.
Arcane Soldier, Bard: Agility.
Explorer, Thief: Speed.
Paladin: Constitution.
Cleric, Divine Summoner, Mage: Energy.
(this is experimental and might change)

Many more enemies have defined strengths and weaknesses, making having a wide variety of abilities useful.
Enemies hit significantly harder and are just statistically more capable all around.
All weapons have increased critical hit rates and decreased critical failure rates. The biggest gains are on swords and daggers.

There are many more changes but they don't become apparent until after the Rat Cave.

Celerity

That wasn't a trailer, it was an intro. Trailers cut around a lot more and accomodate people with the attention span of a monkey on crack such as yourself.

Celerity

So is this just a Codex trolling shit post, or was there a specific part of that that triggered you? Perhaps the rapping skeleton?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I scrubbed through that video and it is not clear what you are trying to communicate.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why not start working on LoX II immediately instead of sidetracking into a new genre? Part one is already one of the best blobbers in recent years (not that there's a whole lot of competition).

As for LoX II, just make it shorter than and add hand crafted items.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Why not start working on LoX II immediately instead of sidetracking into a new genre?

I guess the new genre one is relatively shorter and cheaper to develop, and its revenue will fund (partially) the development of LoX II.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Could just be fatigue from working on LoX for so long as well. Do something different for a while.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Finally gave this baby a spin and after clearing the first Temple I'm still playing and having fun.

Not many complaints so far, the sounds are some proper 1990s PC Speaker shit and the UI a bit derpy but nothing serious.

My only real gripe - and it's a big one - is melee weapons seem underpowered as all fuck. I'm around lvl 9 and my hardest hitting melee fighter hits for about 15 dmg with a badass 2H axe and my mage hits for 30+ with Stone Arrow. I have no idea how anyone can play this game without a mage. Melee weapons seem way off balance, as if having way too high requirements for the damage they do so fights with the beefier mobs resemble scratching a granite wall with an aluminum knife.

Or I'm doing something wrong, dunno. Apart from that game's grate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom