Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
People that don't take learning barely hit 50. People that do hit around 65. That's 15 levels. Obviously it's less if you don't fight everything, if you're doing that Learning lets you skip more fights and still get a minimum effective level.

Endgame enemies don't deal very much damage but have a lot of life. This means boosting the power of an instant kill move is very effective, so is having very strong characters so you can kill the high level demons and undead quickly. Sure you won't die if you don't, but you'll be there a lot longer. Also why 2 handed weapons are mandatory, don't use them early game though. At low attack modifiers their damage is reduced so hard one handers actually hit harder, and you're not spamming weapon skills which counteracts the speed penalty.

I can tell just based on his posts here he's not on the highest difficulty and might even be on Casual. I've seen people take his advice. They either ragequit the highest difficulty or save scum through it then lie about it. Funny, given the highest difficulty still isn't that hard, it just removes the shackles on enemy stats and the bonus loot.

roshan

Arcane
Most guides I've read mention about 10 more levels in the endgame. But if what roshan says is true and the endgame is piss easy that would be pointless anyway no? I have no idea what the endgame is like but I've been playing RPGs for 20 years and VAST majority of them suffer from the same derpy top-heavy difficulty curve.

I suppose it's largely dependent on what difficulty you roll with. What's yours roshan? I roll with Veteran and even tho I've picked up learning already I haven't invested much in it. Still time to dump it.

I played in Veteran too. I just checked it out, and my lowest learning character (12 points) was by endgame level 48, the highest (22 points) ended up at level 51. I have another character with 19 points that also ended up at level 51. I also skipped tons of endgame content and quests because it was too grindy and easy. Towards the end I just wanted to finish and be done with it.

The thing with LOX is, it's at it's sweet spot until you hit maybe level 30+ or so, this is based on my first playthrough which I completed. Everything afterwards is just grind and bloat, more or less. So better offensive skills trumps level bloat.

In my first playthrough, I followed the learning path recommended by the idiot-spergs. Reached Cunavarn at level 11 and this is with 5 points in learning for all characters, plus some items that increase XP.

In my current playthrough, I'm in Cunavarn at level 14 already (two characters already 14, and the others on the cusp of hitting 14), without a single point in learning, and without purchasing any +XP items. The main difference is that by pumping my characters purely on offensive skills and keeping them maxed (not a single point in learning, not a single point in constitution, not a single point in armor), I got to clear out the castle and guards in Nabros (and it was really easy too) and accumulate tons of money, items and XP. On top of that I'm having a much easier time and in fact lost interest somewhat because the game got too easy too early on. The funny thing is this is the exact way I would have done my first playthrough had it not been for the guides written by the idiot-spergs.

Last edited:

valcik

Arcane
And here we go again, the same shit as fifteen pages back..
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lords-of-xulima.80725/page-50

I also skipped tons of endgame content and quests because it was too grindy and easy.

So you've had an easy time with learning skill? You don't say! :)
Let me know how your supraoffensive party turned out later, when you'll meet high-speed and hard to kill multiplying opponents, will you Roshan? Since that's level 30 and later content where your learning skill really start paying off by earlier access to your high-level cleric spells as mass regeneration, I wish you good luck with low-CON party.

roshan

Arcane
And here we go again, the same shit as fifteen pages back..
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lords-of-xulima.80725/page-50

I also skipped tons of endgame content and quests because it was too grindy and easy.

So you've had an easy time with learning skill? You don't say! :)
Let me know how your supraoffensive party turned out later, when you'll meet high-speed and hard to kill multiplying opponents, will you Roshan? Since that's level 30 and later content where your learning skill really start paying off by earlier access to your high-level cleric spells as mass regeneration, I wish you good luck with low-CON party.

- That makes no difference. Even my old party did not put a point into CON for any of the characters. You get a shit ton of free con and HP from wells and such.
- My 0 learning party is currently ahead of my learning party by multiple levels as a result of being able to do piss easy area clears of places like Nabros roads and Nabros castle.
- Content past level 30 is mostly grindy and hp bloated, so high offense characters will take them down better. Solution to deal with hp bloated enemies is to boost your own offense to kill them quick, not to hp bloat your own characters.
- My front liners get a shitload of free attacks as a result of maxed fast reflexes. Points not going into learning are buffing other much more useful skills.

Just looking at the posts of the learningfags, they are inherently contradictory. They claim end level enemies do little damage and have tons of HP, yet their recommendation is that you should also do little damage and have tons of HP. Absurd!

BTW, how the hell do I get the complete soundtrack of this game??? All the best tracks are missing from the official OST. Pernitia, Cunavarn, the new main theme. SAD!

valcik

Arcane
- My 0 learning party is currently ahead of my learning party by multiple levels as a result of being able to do piss easy area clears of places like Nabros roads and Nabros castle.
Yes, I do understand that. What I think is that this doesn't matter, since low-level exploit granting you couple of thousands XP doesn't matter in long run. There are 80.000 XP worth enemies later, so by killing just single one with maxed out learning skill (+80%) you'll effectively nullify your edge granted by low-level optional fights against guards. That's why I'm curious whether you'll run into heavy fights with underleveled party later without advanced spells available to your party or not.

roshan

Arcane
Awww man. I was gonna pick this up again but it turns out it doesn't use cloud saves, so my saves are lost. Damn.

consider it the universe doing you a favour :troll:

You don't like this? I recall very little I disliked. Then again, the attribute system was all Sawyer, so I can see how you would hate that :P

He got his ass properly kicked early on by the Cursed Hounds, had a meltdown on this thread, blamed the game and quit.

Celerity

So roshan has just proved he's retarded. Couldn't kill the guards on a low difficulty? Lol, what a gimp. Any party that can't take 10 packs at level 7 is shit tier. He also fails at reading comprehension forever. If you follow my basic guide you have enough life that you never ever die, you also still have plenty of damage, probably more than his shit tier teams that couldn't even kill low difficulty guards. It's not "high life, low damage". It's also not autistic sperglord shit from the guides. the autistic sperglord shit from the guides is using Prophet gear and fucking around with Herald of Golot and Well Looping, none of which are actually necessary and none of which I'm talking about.

Another reason roshan is a retard is one of the many level dependent mechanics is the quality of items in shops. These qualities are backloaded, meaning improving even one tier later on adds 20 damage or so. Endgame gear starts appearing at level 40-45. If you Learning correctly, this happens around Devonia, you then get a huge damage and stat boost that lets you chop through those life inflated enemies that start appearing right after Devonia. If you don't you hit that level near the end of the game. + ya know, instant kill spells that hit the entire field and have level based success rates.

Besides, the highest damage skill in the game is one I bet he's not using at all.

roshan

Arcane
So roshan has just proved he's retarded. Couldn't kill the guards on a low difficulty? Lol, what a gimp. Any party that can't take 10 packs at level 7 is shit tier. He also fails at reading comprehension forever. If you follow my basic guide you have enough life that you never ever die, you also still have plenty of damage, probably more than his shit tier teams that couldn't even kill low difficulty guards. It's not "high life, low damage". It's also not autistic sperglord shit from the guides. the autistic sperglord shit from the guides is using Prophet gear and fucking around with Herald of Golot and Well Looping, none of which are actually necessary and none of which I'm talking about.

Another reason roshan is a retard is one of the many level dependent mechanics is the quality of items in shops. These qualities are backloaded, meaning improving even one tier later on adds 20 damage or so. Endgame gear starts appearing at level 40-45. If you Learning correctly, this happens around Devonia, you then get a huge damage and stat boost that lets you chop through those life inflated enemies that start appearing right after Devonia. If you don't you hit that level near the end of the game. + ya know, instant kill spells that hit the entire field and have level based success rates.

Besides, the highest damage skill in the game is one I bet he's not using at all.

Totally crazy stuff. As I already mentioned, sperging on level bloat is unnecessary because the game already gets too easy halfway through. And your recommendation is to further bloat levels so that at the end you can hit level 70 and instakill goblins and such? Retarded!

Celerity

No, the idea is that you instant kill high level demons instead of auto attacking through 2k life per enemy. You retard. You also auto attack better, I bet your so called optimal party hits like a hybrid Bard or worse. As in your Soldiers, primary melee combatants are worse than filler actions from a class that gives everyone 36% more actions and kills entire screens.

Show me your party or get the fuck out.

Celerity

Hellion x 4, the only party you should use and very bot grind friendly. Now show your gimps. Faggot.

TigerKnee

Arcane
He got his ass properly kicked early on by the Cursed Hounds, had a meltdown on this thread, blamed the game and quit.
Oh yeah, I was trying to remember the specific event - I remember quite a few people mocking him for it too.

Which honestly, is probably kind of well-deserved - I would have expected a 5 minutes ragequit -> drop from a "videogame journalist", but not an esteemed member of the Codex

Celerity

It's not surprising at all, really. Most of you are faggots that picked Casual or Normal. Darth Roxor at least embraces his inner Polygon, instead of being a pretentious fuckwit and acting like he actually knows what he's talking about.

roshan

Arcane
Celerity: Triggered by those who don't want to play like sperglords!

Celerity

Multiple faggots spotted. Loading shitpost cannons and triangulating on their positions...

So as entertaining as it is speculating on whether a legally blind man would get fucked by dogs less than Darth Roxor , and smacking around newfag Leechmonger for blindly dismissing one of the rare few recent games that's actually good, we've forgotten one important detail. Fortunately, attention whore roshan has reminded us he exists, and that he would like the whips and chains as well.

roshan has still not demonstrated any of the following for the benefit of the class:

How following 2 paragraphs of basic yet comprehensive advice is autistic sperglording.
That his shit tier teams can even function without the heavy enemy penalties and ally bonuses employed on lower difficulties (the last person going full retard about flails lied and claimed a Veteran run was high difficulty, then had a psychotic breakdown and left the internet when I exposed the inconsistencies... not joking. The people that tried it and didn't go full retard admitted they were dying constantly, sometimes in one hit).
That said shit tier teams are more effective than either teams created with the same general outline, or any specific team that I have created.
That his team even fucking exists at all, given there's already enough inconsistencies in his story that it cannot be true as he describes it. We're talking basic math fail here, which is standard practice of clueless idiots but still.

This thread will now be about mocking roshan for failing Xulima forever until he proves he has not (or people ask legit mechanics questions, whichever).

Celerity

I think it's time we build a wall. A great, great wall. We shall cast the casual trash, the posers from it and we shall seal them from our lands. Let's make Xulima great again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom