Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost Ark Online

Sykar

Arcane
It's an upcoming Korean Gauntlets/Diablo style Hack&Slash MMO in a high tech/high fantasy hybrid setting. It has a few interesting perks compared to other games of its type, like using verticality quite a bit, you can control giant mechas in certain dungeons, some platforming elements, announced to have 18 classes at release, extensive character customization which is unusual for a game of that type, a lot of "impact visuals/physics" like knockbacks, knockdowns, staggers, etc even on your own character.

Here is an impression video from a high tech factory run from the closed beta:

Cannot wait for the "stopped reading at Korean" comment :happytrollboy:

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It looked like Diablo with some Monster Hunter thrown in. Always looked interesting, but I think they revealed the game too early, as I'm sure there are tons of people like me who also forgot about this. And I think it's harder to get another wave of hype among people who were hit by the hype wave once before for a particular game.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
If you can stomach the Korean-ness (women with cat ears, 6ft swords) this game looks awesome. Sick production standard.

Also, the Tripodo Systema (w/e its called) is pretty innovative.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Don't hold your breath just yet. They had planned 4 CBT's before open beta and the release, and that's for the Korean release. 2019-2020 for the NA/EU version.

There was an article released about a year ago around the first CBT where the developers talked about how they don't like p2w because (the reasons everyone knows), and how they are going to implement it in a way that is only for cosmetics or something like that.

There's very good in-depth gameplay videos from both of the CBT's from a Russian guy who lives in Korea and he speaks english so you can get a much better look at the game: https://www.youtube.com/user/Lechkoman

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
PvP is really skill-based. That's awesome.

I did not even realize the game has PvP.
By the way which classes would interest you to play?

I dunno man. I have been looking at this spreadsheet...

Sp4TeY6.jpg

I'd expect everyone to roll Arcana as their 1st. I might go with a Bard actually. Healers are always in demand.

bluntedsword

Barely Literate
I feel like PvP will be fairly unbalanced with a class list that large.

Arcana looks interesting though...

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Class mechanics:

beserker - rage bar builds as you do damage in order to enter a juggernaut mode with increased damage and resistance to cc

destroyer - gravity hammer builds gravity in order to slow and weaken enemies in an area around you

warlord - gunlance builds up bullets for special abilities and also builds up shield for an aoe effect or individual shield. this seems to have changed from cbt1 as it was just about building bullets and how you shot them out.

infighter - has two resource bars instead of a mana bar. not sure but I think each bar is filled by using different abilities

battlemaster - orbs are built by using certain abilities and spent by others. some spells use more than one orb but all tend to be more powerful

bard - you charge up 3 bars by collecting bubbles and then consume them in order to use one of two super abilities

summoners - collects souls to be able to summon big spell effects. some use more souls than others

arcana - 12 cards give you different buffs and can build stacks of cards on enemies

blaster - meter builds up as you do damage similar to berserker. enter turret mode where you do a ton of damage but are stationary

devil hunter - toggle between dual revolvers/shotgun/rifle for different situations

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
This is now in open beta and seems quite nice from the streams i've watched.
Any South Korean bro around to hook me up with an account?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Chimera Not fake news.... here is a copy paste of what the guy told me (dude has been streaming LA for years, since the first closed beta and he lives in Korea)

[Anything you don't like in Lost Ark?]

>for now the only thing I don't like is balance
>like warlord
>being super op
>in pvp at least
>immune to CC, constant healing
>crazy damage and CC

[Is there much else to complain about, like in PvE]

>leveling is boring
>could be better if they took GW2 approach
>with world events
>or the lineage eternal

[What approach did LA take if you don't mind me asking... Really expecting Lost Ark will have good PvE]

>I mean u saw lost ark urself
>lost ark has a shitty boring leveling
>except for a few fun quests
>like arena one

[Oh well, that sucks... Is PvE at least hard? as in challenging?]

>it is
>not easy at all
>It's pretty good right now the difficulty Imean
>I don't think it needs touching
>I wouldn't mind having more mechanics to dodge though, instead of raw power

[Is there a roll move?]

>every class has some kind of a gap closer
>dodge roll
>blink

[Okay]

>it's on space
>you coould call it basic

[you think it needs more besides that?]

>no
>there some other skills that let you dodge shit so it's fine

[I like that Lost Ark is skill-based, without auto targeting, locking etc. How do you like the Tripod system?.... I think its awesome]

>it's cool , but it should be balanced better
>there are obvious choices a lot of the time

[ *here I showed him a video of another streamer* ]

>he is good at talking , but half of what he says is bullshit
>or not even the main point of the game

[what do you think is the point?.. dungeons?]

>just the ammount of content and the level of detail
>insane produdction level

[I know... that's why I like it so much :)]

Then I talked with some other streamer whose name I forgot , he basically said "leveling 15-30 is boring, and 1-15 is super trash"

EDIT: Also the first guy I talked to (Lechko) mentioned that 40+ floor dungeon in Lost Ark (forgot how its called) is the best content and best dungeon he ever played in any MMO ever

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Ouch that is a bummer.

I actually don't worry about it....

Think about it... Diablo 2 also has kinda shitty leveling.. and Path of Exile too.... I think in this genre it's normal to rush until the game opens up

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The game looks cool but you guys seem to be forgetting it's a korean game and therefore going to be stuffed to the gills with pay to win mechanics.

Sykar

Arcane
The game looks cool but you guys seem to be forgetting it's a korean game and therefore going to be stuffed to the gills with pay to win mechanics.

I never cared for that shit since I never go competitive shit. And whether someone has epics I do not have or other rare shit never bothered me one bit. I just level my character, come up with a build during that time and try to perfect it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom