Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
CA

lightbane

Arcane
And on your right lies the strangest passage of all: it is shaped exactly like the silhouette of a man, with limbs and head and torso carved into the rock. It would be impossible to enter this passage with your armor on – you would have to remove it and squeeze your way through. Its weird aesthetic aside, there is nothing else strange that you detect from this particular exit.

C. Right passage. It is just absolutely interesting how this passage seems to be made for you. You remove your armour and see where this road takes you.
So, is that a hole designed for Erdrick?
http://junjiitomanga.wikia.com/wiki/The_Enigma_of_Amigara_Fault

Idiot-bait option.

AA.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Well, we just showed that we suck with traps FTMP. If not for our shield, we would have been hit by that arrow.

I say we go after the knights. They would probably have either picked the easier path, or else triggered the traps for us.

BA
Good grief, treave must really want to punish us for killing that city...and for unleashing the end of the world...and for screwing up just about everything else. :M

TOME

Cuckmaster General
BA

We might need someone to trigger the traps for us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Looks like BA has it. I should finally be able to update tomorrow. It's been a terribly busy month, but next month is going to be easier so updates will arrive more frequently.

edit: Okay, one more day, sorry.

Last edited:

Dodged a bullet there. I cannot imagine the embarrassment of dragging out deformed body over to Zayan for her to heal us (if the regen pod can heal such deformities).
Gvi2llK.png

Ky3nrHf.png

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Belly of Gugal

It is a tight squeeze, but you manage, even in armour. You inch your way through the narrow and twisting corridor, careful to keep your guard up. The air grows thicker and hotter and heavier as you progress, until you can barely breathe. The temptation to remove your helmet is high. There is no space for you to do so, however, and you abandon the notion. However, there seems to be nigh to no end to this interminable tunnel, which has now begin to slope and spiral downwards.

Indeed, patience is a virtue, but suffering in a hot, sweaty dungeon crawl is not a situation which would lend itself well to virtuousness in the first place. You consider your options. You could continue to make your way down the tunnel at a slow, uncomfortable pace. Or you could just make things quick.

You decide on the latter. Your feet come to a halt. You gather your concentration, ignoring the sweat trickling down your brow ticklishly. Then, you mutter the incantation, and transform yourself into lightning.

In the blink of an eye later you are at the exit, leaving behind a slightly scorched trail in your wake. It looks like the corridor has opened out into a large, circular chamber, as big as the main hall of any castle you have cared to visit. At its center is a massive pillar of metal, within which a caged purple flame burns furiously, shining as brightly as a star. Unidentifiable lines of machinery extend from the pillar in a spidery web that embeds itself into an organic, flesh-coloured matter covering the walls and the floors. The entire room pulses and throbs rhythmically, as if you were in the heart of some gigantic beast.

As you land, the chamber trembles and twists. You steady your footing, looking up at the pillar. There are inscriptions running up and down its bulk, words that you cannot read.

“This is…” Barbatos speaks up for the first time in a while. “Ah, so this was where it was buried, was it?”

“Well, if you have an interesting story to tell, spit it out,” you say. “I don’t want to be walking blindly into a place where there’s no

“Oh, this was before even my time,” says Barbatos. “It dates back to the old gods, the ones that the Demon God Vaalgrahf defeated to usher in the age of peace. I was born after that, but I have heard the stories. Gigantic beasts built as weapons to suppress Vaalgrahf’s glorious rebellion… the Beasts of Heaven. Let me see… these inscriptions say…”

He hums and haws, muttering strange words under his breath that remind you of some of Zayan’s ramblings. “Right, we are in reactor number four here, and this belongs to the Bull of Heaven, Gugal. And there are a lot of warnings about how you should not touch the pillar without knowing what you are doing, or else it might explode and kill everything you care for.”

You gaze up and down the pillar and decide to keep clear from it, if that is the case. “Is there anything useful at all about this Bull of Heaven? Can it be controlled?” you ask.

“I wonder. Certainly the stories indicate that it was obedient to them during its rampage, and so control must have been imposed somehow. But as to how… I would not be sure. There may be some other location in the beast’s body that will tell us how.”

“Well, if only we had a map,” you sigh.

Suddenly, a loud blaring noise fills the air. It is ear-splitting and irritating, causing Barbatos to remark that “Oh, that is probably the alarm.”

“I didn’t do anything!” you shout, your go-to response whenever that line is uttered.

“No, it probably wasn’t you, but…”

From the distant end of the chamber, a set of large doors bang open and three knights come running in. Two of them make to close the door behind them and bar it with their bodies, but it is thrown open by a pair of gigantic hands, sending the knights flying. The owner of those hands comes striding into the hall, a giant, muscular humanoid with the head of a bull, its horns aflame with red fire.

It’s a Minotaur Firelord, of the very same type you dispatched on your very first day in this world. What an interesting sight.

Then, four more of its brethren file in through the door as the knights scatter, fleeing for their lives. What is this, a minotaur breeding ground?

“They seem to be the guards for this facility,” answers Barbatos.

“Bull-headed guards guarding the Bull of Heaven. These old gods certainly liked their thematic designs.”

“Right, shall we be off punching them, then?” Barbatos seems hopeful.

A. You go to the knights’ aid, distracting the minotaurs and engaging them in battle. You would have to be careful to avoid damaging the central pillar in any way, so you would have to refrain from using your more powerful spells, but you can probably manage somehow. Probably.

B. You decide to stay back and watch. If you hide for long enough, the bulls might settle down after they have dealt with the intruders. Then you can be on your way unpestered so long as you don’t make the same mistake they did of triggering the alarm.

C. You zip back up the way you came and take another route. Why bother going through a path where there is certain to be trouble?

lightbane

Arcane
So, the Heaven's forces are the bad guys here, kinda like MGQ but with less (un)tasteful rape and a more dickish protagonist.

A.
You go to the knights’ aid, distracting the minotaurs and engaging them in battle. You would have to be careful to avoid damaging the central pillar in any way, so you would have to refrain from using your more powerful spells, but you can probably manage somehow. Probably.

We still haven't gotten that physical technique Barb promised us long ago.

A - Knowing our trap detection ability, we will probably trigger the alarm anyway. Might as well go after these guys while we have some help.

Kipeci

Arcane
It might be fun to try to fight them the way nature intended! Also, Barbatos is an incredible badass that I think we should be giving more weight to in our decision making. He's saved us a fair number of times now, and we can't rely on our angelic nature for certain benefits anymore.

A.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Yeah, why not. A.

treave, this sentence ends rather abruptly.

“Well, if you have an interesting story to tell, spit it out,” you say. “I don’t want to be walking blindly into a place where there’s no

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom