Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
What-a-Shame.jpg

He was a good man...what a rotten way to die.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I can confirm. I talked to Excidium, who knows root personally, on steam and as he tells it root and him were hanging out over the weekend; they were on their balcony drinking, watching people get chased down and killed by the roaming machete rape gangs - a common form of entertainment in Brazil - when root says, out of the blue, "When you hear the bells you will know the time is near," and then threw himself from the balcony. He died immediately upon impact, painlessly.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I have been registered here for too long to believe that even for a nanosecond.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

*sigh* He could have at least finished the LP first.
:rpgcodex:

Seriously, he was a bro amongst bros. He shall be missed and if this is a troll, I'm seriously going to kick someone in the balls. Maybe not any of you as you're all 5000 mile away foreigners, but someone, I will kick someone in the balls.

edit: treave I will FIND you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rex Feral

Prophet
What the fuck? But...but..that's not how a true Space Marine should go down :cry:

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

I still remember it was because of root that I joined the Codex. One day as I was geeking over Warhammer lore I came across his Warhammer 42k thread and it instantly hooked me. Later I got to talk to him and he tutored me on how to write fiction and kept encouraging and we where even supposed to write together a couple of chapters for Dirge, maybe even start an LP with some ideas I had. Unfortunately college and my new job got in the way and we drifted apart, never managing to make due with those chapters. Now I feel horrible for postponing him this much.

Goodbye root, you will forever be missed. :salute:

:negative:

Esquilax

Arcane
Rex Feral, we've actually decided to set up a Codex fund to create a beautiful memorial in root's favela to commemorate his life. I'll be happy to discuss it further, but first I need you to PM me your credit card details so that we can complete your donation.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am sure most people are already aware of it, but he does not seem to have abandoned the 'Dex, either. The Shoutbox bot continues to archive his conversations just fine. :M

That was a horrible way to troll people, BTW. :rpgcodex:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You mean faking his own death in order to get out of finishing the LP?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That, too. Good thing he had co-authors, though. They will inherit his debts to the Codexian society unless they are willing to file for bankruptcy of ideas.
:M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom