Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LucasArts Shut Down

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I wonder how this affects ScummVM since it's kinda on grey area of the copyrights, and Disney is pretty notorious on "protectign their IPs".

Grimlorn

Arcane
Hopefully episode 7, 8, and 9 don't follow the stupid story laid out in the EU. It was terrible.

So edgy we're round, are we? Which particular story laid out in the EU do you mean? For surely you know there are many...
I don't know all the stories, but I'm assuming 7, 8, 9 begin with the Emperor clones and Luke turning to the Dark Side anyways despite Return of the Jedi and all that BS. It sounds awful. And what the fuck was edgy about my post?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I wonder how this affects ScummVM since it's kinda on grey area of the copyrights, and Disney is pretty notorious on "protectign their IPs".

How would it? ScummVM requires the original game files to work.

You never know about Disney. :smug:

and IIRC they actually have support for a few Disney games. They never did shit then when they added the support for it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't know all the stories, but I'm assuming 7, 8, 9 begin with the Emperor clones and Luke turning to the Dark Side anyways despite Return of the Jedi and all that BS. It sounds awful. And what the fuck was edgy about my post?

That was a comic book if I recall, and yes it's shitty adolescent writing. If they go off of that then fuck 'em.

However, the Thrawn trilogy of actual books was pretty good.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
The actors got too old for that, unfortunately. The new shit about the Lost Tribe of the Sith, while below Thrawn standards, isn't half bad, and it features appropriately aged Grandpa Han and Papa Luke. Truth be told, the Legacy of the Force series, while happening only a tiny bit earlier, is much, much better...

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
You know what would be great trolling from Disney for Star Wars fanboys? Make faithful film adaptation of KOTOR 2 based on the original/full script/idea by Obsidian. :troll:

Won't happen even in alternate universe though.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
You know what would be great trolling from Disney for Star Wars fanboys? Make faithful film adaptation of KOTOR 2 based on the original/full script/idea by Obsidian. :troll:

And why, pray tell, would it be a case of trolling? I fancy myself a Star Wars fanboy, yet am quite fond of KotOR 2. It had certain, ah, factual issues. Dates, names, stuffles. But it has been dealt with a long time ago. And the date confusion even ended up enriching the legacy of the Sith, so it's a plus in my book.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

And why, pray tell, would it be a case of trolling? I fancy myself a Star Wars fanboy, yet am quite fond of KotOR 2. It had certain, ah, factual issues. Dates, names, stuffles. But it has been dealt with a long time ago. And the date confusion even ended up enriching the legacy of the Sith, so it's a plus in my book.

I have an impression that lot of Star Wars fans dislikes KOTOR 2.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

- Do they dislike how the final product ended up due to it being rushed or just the entire thing in general?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
They dislike it because KOTOR 2 is about how Star Wars is fucking stupid.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If Star Wars fans enjoyed quality, they would be fans of Star Trek instead.

Updated my Vaarna_aarne alts.txt
In fact an alt so dedicated the account is older than the original by four whole years. Drog wishes he was this hard core.

It's also Obsidian's favorite Sci-Fi.
And? I am generally not a fan of Whedon's stuff and while Firefly has not left me frothing with rage it was nothing special.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Drog has alt accounts who joined in 1999. That's how seriously he takes his trolling

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Do they dislike how the final product ended up due to it being rushed or just the entire thing in general?
They hate it because MCA took a giant dump on Star Wars retarded duality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom