Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LucasArts Shut Down

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Would have survived if it respected its established franchises: Jedi Knight, KOTOR, X-Wing/TIE Fighter, Monkey Island, heck even Battlefront, which I hated but I admit it sold well.
I was just about to post my dream game... a return of a PROPER TIE Fighter!!! Not that Alliance or vs crap.

:love: One can dream can't they....?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Their internal teams sucked at this point, not really a big deal for them to close it down and focus on licensing.

The real interesting part for me is canceling the two "AAA" games outright. That's obviously a corporation with some intelligence about making money saying this high-budget next-gen "AAA" gaming stuff is not profitable and pointless. And it is.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Would have survived if it respected its established franchises: Jedi Knight, KOTOR, X-Wing/TIE Fighter, Monkey Island, heck even Battlefront, which I hated but I admit it sold well.
I was just about to post my dream game... a return of a PROPER TIE Fighter!!! Not that Alliance or vs crap.

:love: One can dream can't they....?
Fuck you, X-Wing Alliance was awesome :(

deuxhero

Arcane
Their internal teams sucked at this point, not really a big deal for them to close it down and focus on licensing.

The real interesting part for me is canceling the two "AAA" games outright. That's obviously a corporation with some intelligence about making money saying this high-budget next-gen "AAA" gaming stuff is not profitable and pointless. And it is.

Two? I only know 1313.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
XlpReyA.jpg

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
And here dissapears another big name that I will forever associate with some of the best and most fun gaming experiences during my childhood. Of course, they have been an undead corpse for over a decade, but still. Sad to see them go, makes me feel kinda old...:(

Almost funny to think that there was once a time when the "big ones" gave us so many reasons to appreciate them instead of treating them with spite and scorn. Heh.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So KotOR III could still happen. <3

"Excuse me lad, this is Mr. Bioware here, to tell you KotOR 3 is already out! As is KotOR 4, 5 and 6! They are all contained within the miraculous online experience from EA named The Old Republic! Join today, it's free to play!"

Electronic_Arts*304.jpg

Grimlorn

Arcane
Good riddance, imo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom