Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ludo Lense Thread

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I'd like some feedback some on my voice, the diction specifically. I took someone's advice who told me to have a warm up where I try sing for like 15-20 minutes before recording so I hit the accents more correctly and I am curios what you guys think. (Also I realized I tend to say prodoct instead of product).

Cadmus

Arcane
I'd like some feedback some on my voice, the diction specifically. I took someone's advice who told me to have a warm up where I try sing for like 15-20 minutes before recording so I hit the accents more correctly and I am curios what you guys think. (Also I realized I tend to say prodoct instead of product).
I watch your videos as Mathewmatosis-lite. You speak well enough for me, sometimes it's a bit hard to make out some words as you kinda drift over them without putting much accent anywhere but it's not that bad. You could try altering between the quite rapid delivery of the script and more deliberately explaining some points in a slower voice. I didn't watch the whole last video because of spoilers but it sounds a little too much like reading a presentation at times.

This is just nitpicking from memory.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
first line said:
guards that spawn two rooms away from your starting room but whose patrol path leads them to the starting room on the first turn, it is almost impossible to predict this.

next line said:
each starting room I always put ambushes next to the doors on the first turn.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Now that a few hours have passed and some people have watched the vid, I wanted to ask about some feedback regarding my voice. This is probably the most effort I put into it sounding professional with filters and and manually going over the waveform. (I don't want to add too much since I want my voice to be recognizable without all of that).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Think it sounds good. I don't care that much about sound quality though, the important stuff is the information. But sounds professional I guess.

Jinn

Arcane
Another fantastic video, Ludo! You have got the sound down great. Not only do you have a nice soothing voice, but now it sounds crystal clear.

I like your take on middle-of-the-road RPGs. It is fun to try them out every once in awhile, because they do end up usually being rather charming despite their many faults. I would be very interested in seeing more videos about just that type of game, where you considered the game good enough to be enjoyed. Have you played It's Hard to Be a God? I've been curious about it, but haven't wanted to take the plunge.

Anyways, always love seeing your stuff. You're extremely good at giving some great analysis on the genre, and your videos flow very nicely.

Lhynn

Arcane
I disagree. Bound by flame was great. It was a much shorter game, the pacing was better and the combat encounters much sweeter due to the fact that enemy variety was both more prevalent and more interesting.
I appreciated the narrative in it too, the world was fucked, you were the last, best chance of unfucking it. Set a real atmosphere of desperation and borderline hopelessness all the way to the end.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Bound by Flame had a great start, the village was ok, but the game simply dies after you move out of the city, and the pacing is atrocious. It's like if Lord of the Rings went from "we must destroy teh ring! Onwards!" to "k', throw it in the fire Frodo" in 10 seconds. Also, fuck those billion trash mobs and retarded boss fights.

And the setting makes no sense. the world is ending, everywhere it fucked, humanity will be killed and your boss keep "we're a mercenary group, gotta set my prices". Not to mention shit like "hey, you just became possessed by a demon and defeated a giant monster... we should move on."

Lhynn

Arcane
"The world is ending, humanity is fucked. And i still want to get paid. Because money buys commodities and ill be fucked if i have to spend my last few days on this miserable world starving to death." Is an understandable argument that i wouldnt put beyond a life long merc. As for his lack of reaction at the whole thing, just shows how jaded the guy is, in contrast the scholars were suitably impressed.

Setting made sense for the most part, because details of it were kept to a minimum. Undead overlords taking over the world with cold and undeads, you have powers of fire capable of resisting them because something went wrong (or right) when the scholars where trying to harness its energy to create an spell that could counter their wave of cold. Classic edgy fantasy while trying to give an interesting twist to most of the not very original ideas that come with fantasy.

Does a perfect job at getting you from A to B to C without demanding too much of you.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Like your videos, they are pretty cool but can you make a non-spoiler version of them so we can know about the gameplay, world building,, writing without you know... knowing the end of the game?

Indranys

Savant
Man this is kind of video that I can use as the tv show substitute.
Watching this during dinner or snack time is pretty entertaining.
The length is sufficient, and your personality is cool man, unlike those legions of annoying smartass youtube guys.
It is just so enjoyable and relaxing man.
I'll watch your older videos for the next couple days and please keep up the good work.
And oh, do you have any plan to make homage/analysis videos for the obscure classic titles like the summoning or soulbringer etc??

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Sorry for late replies, busy days.

Have you played It's Hard to Be a God? I've been curious about it, but haven't wanted to take the plunge.

Nope sorry.

Does a perfect job at getting you from A to B to C without demanding too much of you.

There is more to say here but an RPG game that is only about A to B to C isn't very good in my opinion.

Like your videos, they are pretty cool but can you make a non-spoiler version of them so we can know about the gameplay, world building,, writing without you know... knowing the end of the game?

I mainly started this thing cause I got dissatisfied with non-thorough analysis (though not matthewmatosis thorough as much as like the guy)

And oh, do you have any plan to make homage/analysis videos for the obscure classic titles like the summoning or soulbringer etc??

Can't promise anything but I like older titles more than recent ones.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I mainly started this thing cause I got dissatisfied with non-thorough analysis (though not matthewmatosis thorough as much as like the guy)
Divide the video, the part with spoilers and the one without spoilers, I like your videos, but the way they are made, I can't watch them before playing the game and if I already played the game, I know already what you are talking about. Sometimes you are mostly interested into knowing about a game you don't own yet and want someone to cut the PR, fantard, bullshit but getting spoiled in the case of the game being fun is pretty lame.

vmar

Savant
Just started watching your vids a couple days ago, I like them, good work.

As for your accent, I'm American but you sound a lot like an Eastern European friend of mine that I used to skype with all the time so I never have a problem understanding anything.

Cadmus

Arcane
The sound is good, I think it's as good as it needs to be. I think I understood everything perfectly. I liked the indepth approach in the last video, too bad the game looked fucking boring from minute 1.
The only criticism I could maybe give is that you sound a little bit boring, maybe you're a boring guy but I suspect you are a little too much uncomfortable doing the narration. I guess only making more videos would help with that. It's still good because it's analytical as opposed to HEY WAZUP GUYS HERES TOP 10 SKYRIM MODS, PLZ LIEK AND SUBSCRIBE SHARE THIS VIDEO CLICK THE LINK IN DESCRIPTION!

EDIT: BASICALLY YOUR PROBLEM IS THAT YOU STILL HAVEN'T MADE A 2 HOUR VIDEO ON THE AGE OF DECADENCE

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
The next video is on "Warlock of Firetop Mountain" but I would like to know if anyone has played the original book/has it and if I can grill them for some questions.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just watched the pillars video, i mostly agree, except for the gods issue. I dont see wael supporting mortal advancement any issue at all.

The point is the gods somehow "programmed" into fullfilling their aspect, and that what what they do.

The real hole is probably why the ancient engwithans programmed gods with conflicting aspects/goals

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Belated Happy New Years!

Given that I set a 25.000 character limit here is some stuff that didn't make it in.

-Edicts and how they ruin the setting.
-Scarlet Chorus only works because the writers said so. It would dissolve over night in reality.
-Companions in general.
-Many other examples of terrible writing such as the way Verse and Barik found about about their link.
-The world is weirdly bisexual.
-How did my workers get past the bane and why are there people from every faction in my spires.
-Obviously cut content like Exarch being only mentioned in Achievements.
- You ask people about places even though you should know everything after 3 years of conquest.
-The Disfavored and Scarlet Crusade dynamic is boring and takes 90% of the game.
-Rebel path is saccharine and its existence weakens the themes.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom