Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LUND, YOU TREACHEROUS CUNT

Telengard

Arcane
Fuck the fists, bring back the lil' hitlers.
vahF976.jpg

There should be only the 'lil hitlers, no brofists. Now that would be codexian. Hurt feelings and triggers everywhere.

nvR1ws9.jpg

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
:negative:

...Just the occasional triggering. You're all batshit insane though.
I'd much rather there be constructive incline-driven agendas, sensible discussion and so on. You could always adhere to your traditional trolling, drama whoring, bro sucking nonsense, but confined to retardo and prosperland.
But hey, if you all like digital soap operas, fine, but it's a stark contrast to your taste in games. You should demand from your community what you demand from your games: incline, depth, to be treated with respect as a player, not like a popamole-loving leech needing retardo treatment. I seek incline in all forms of media.

The Codexers madness is his ward and shield against the oppressive boxcars that hold the poor people of RPGwatch in soulless bondage (currently carting them to the promised land of a niche Neogaf).

When the Codex loses it's distasteful edge, the boxcars will roll in, the wardens will collect us, enough they'll say, one can't say this or say that, that isn't correct or in good taste. There is some freedom within the confines of law, and madness spread liberally over these boards like a fine manure is required to grow and nurture the precious little freedom of thought and expression that's in this prestigious corner of the internet. While common sense would dictate their must be a better way, I have sadly not seen it, even the mad genius of covering the forums in excrement is no guarantee, as the fall of 4chan shows.

A Codexer in several layers of excrement has the perfect outfit to put out a subversive idea, and give it some salt while not having it all end in tears, though butthurt is still a common phenomenon.

TLDNR: Need to set lots of trigger traps to keep away the undesirables.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
:negative:

...Just the occasional triggering. You're all batshit insane though.
I'd much rather there be constructive incline-driven agendas, sensible discussion and so on. You could always adhere to your traditional trolling, drama whoring, bro sucking nonsense, but confined to retardo and prosperland.
But hey, if you all like digital soap operas, fine, but it's a stark contrast to your taste in games. You should demand from your community what you demand from your games: incline, depth, to be treated with respect as a player, not like a popamole-loving leech needing retardo treatment. I seek incline in all forms of media.

The Codexers madness is his ward and shield against the oppressive boxcars that hold the poor people of RPGwatch in soulless bondage (currently carting them to the promised land of a niche Neogaf).

When the Codex loses it's distasteful edge, the boxcars will roll in, the wardens will collect us enough, they'll say, one can't say this or say that, that isn't correct or in good taste. There is some freedom within the confines of law, and madness spread liberally over these boards like a fine manure is required to grow and nurture the precious little freedom of thought and expression that's in this prestigious corner of the internet. While common sense would dictate their must be a better way, I have sadly not seen it, even the mad genius of covering the forums in excrement is no guarantee, as the fall of 4chan shows.

A Codexer in several layers of excrement has the perfect outfit to put out a subversive idea, and give it some salt while not having it all end in tears, though butthurt is still a common phenomenon.

TLDNR: Need to set lots of trigger traps to keep away the undesirables.

:thumbsup:

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
There is some freedom within the confines of law, and madness spread liberally over these boards like a fine manure is required to grow and nurture the precious little freedom of thought and expression that's in this prestigious corner of the internet.

The only thing you're growing and nurturing is the madness. There's still much freedom in other corners of the net.
I guess I see your point: that if this place grew even larger (due more incline & less lunacy) then more rules would have to be set in place, but rules are required for a functioning institution of incline. As long as the rule makers are fair and just all is well, no? You could still have you tranny pics & drama, but confined to a much, much bigger retardoland.

EG

Nullified
You could still have you tranny pics & drama, but confined to a much, much bigger retardoland.
Retardoland is effecitlvey anything that isn't RPG Design, News, and possibly the RPG GD.

We still have a RPG GD, right?

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There is some freedom within the confines of law, and madness spread liberally over these boards like a fine manure is required to grow and nurture the precious little freedom of thought and expression that's in this prestigious corner of the internet.

The only thing you're growing and nurturing is the madness. There's still much freedom in other corners of the net.
I guess I see your point: that if this place grew even larger (due more incline & less lunacy) then more rules would have to be set in place, but rules are required for a functioning institution of incline. As long as the rule makers are fair and just all is well, no? You could still have you tranny pics & drama, but confined to a much, much bigger retardoland.

I'm afraid there is no real incline, except for when you look backwards and realise you've been walking down hill all this time, we've recently experienced a dead cat bounce with Kickstarter, but I'm confident that within the next 3 years Codexers will experience the return of decline.:happytrollboy:

I'm also highly sceptical about this freedom talk.:updatedmytxt:

DraQ

Arcane
So why has this been removed? Why can't the forums ever be left alone? Something seems to change every month. Now threads will be bloated by assholes repeatedly quoting a post just to agree with it.
Vaults were never meant to save people.
:mca:

Personally I mourn the loss of :brolapse: the most, though it can be said that we're now living during Great Brolapse.

The Codex is now a not for brofit organization.
Non-brofit means it's unfit for bros.
+M

Last edited:
Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
I'm afraid there is no real incline, except for when you look backwards and realise you've been walking down hill all this time, we've recently experienced a dead cat bounce with Kickstarter, but I'm confident that within the next 3 years Codexers will experience the return of decline.

You speak of incline in regards to the game industry only? I agree, things will never be the same again, but you already support incline on a very small scale. You've hosted Cleveland's vaporware for example, and have done a great job of supporting that project (if I am not mistaken, I'm not reading the whole thread and associated threads because I'll probably lose my mind in the process I'd wager). You also have members creating well-written articles about upcoming games and such, but I visualize a Codex that houses a moderate scale 90's inspired game development movement, is respected as a place of dependable game journalism (even if not "professional") and is more organized. True incline & productivity, less drama & bitching. The developers of yore wouldn't have lasted forever anyway, someone has to continue on the path they paved and someone needs to support the little guys (people like Cleveland, indie teams or even modders such as myself). Codex can be more relevant, more meaningful, more respectable and can grant us what we desire as gamers still stuck in the 90's.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Also, had done my research on this place. Aside from reading through your threads of lunacy, all I needed to know was right here.

^You don't even have a mission statement, beyond (the following is paraphrasing) "it's a free place to discuss RPGs" anyway.

...And to a lesser extent here. But this was obviously written by those whom anuses you molested in the past who happened to be just as insane as your average Codexer.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'm afraid there is no real incline, except for when you look backwards and realise you've been walking down hill all this time, we've recently experienced a dead cat bounce with Kickstarter, but I'm confident that within the next 3 years Codexers will experience the return of decline.

You speak of incline in regards to the game industry only? I agree, things will never be the same again, but you already support incline on a very small scale. You've hosted Cleveland's vaporware for example, and have done a great job of supporting that project (if I am not mistaken, I'm not reading the whole thread and associated threads because I'll probably lose my mind in the process I'd wager). You also have members creating well-written articles about upcoming games and such, but I visualize a Codex that houses a moderate scale 90's inspired game development movement, is respected as a place of dependable game journalism (even if not "professional") and is more organized. True incline & productivity, less drama & bitching. The developers of yore wouldn't have lasted forever anyway, someone has to continue on the path they paved and someone needs to support the little guys (people like Cleveland, indie teams or even modders such as myself). Codex can be more relevant, more meaningful, more respectable and can grant us what we desire as gamers still stuck in the 90's.

I didn't write that, though I did approve of his message.

I donated thousands of dollars to new RPGs and most of them are third person RPGs, I approved D:OS and WL2 and I'm looking forward to PoE and TToN. I want the Codex to continue supporting third person RPGs and also strategy games at Tacticular Cancer and host all the other forums for serious and inclining video game discussion. If Western is correct and there's no real incline, I want the Codex to be here to call out the shitty and mediocre games without bullshiting and holding the artillary like the rest of the internet.

After establishing who I am and what I stand for, let's talk about you and incline. Your most notable contribution to Codex was your possibly retarded and trolltasti opinion on first person RPGs being inherently better than third person RPGs, then your second most notable contribution was complaining about receiving a deserved tag. You are the queen of drama & bitching.

Dance and sing, monkey! You are here for our amusement.

PS: dibens, help a bro out and link that singing monkey pic.

Last edited:
Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
little guys (people like Cleveland

I don't even

CMB is a solo developer that has been working on a game for 17 (?) years. Regardless of his professional development history, that's as little as it gets. Even if he had a team of industry vets they would still be the little guys if independent/getting funded through crowd sourcing. Everyone that isn't in the AAA business or fortunate few indies who make it big are the little guys.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Then you have to sieve through the large pool of little guys and find the few that are actually bringing the incline, or at least worthwhile products.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
After establishing who I am and what I stand for, let's talk about you and incline.

I'm here right now, calling for a Codex revolution. The instigator of said revolution, and one I'd take part in.

Would you like a picture of a monkey, or a tranny? That'd be a worthwhile contribution in the Codex's eyes.

Angthoron

Arcane
CyberP, you should start your own, better RPGCodex. I'm sure that if you set it up by your ideals, people will all flock there and it'll flourish. This place has gone too far already.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
After establishing who I am and what I stand for, let's talk about you and incline.

I'm here right now, calling for a Codex revolution. The instigator of said revolution, and one I'd take part in.

Would you like a picture of a monkey, or a tranny? That'd be a worthwhile contribution in the Codex's eyes.

I'm still editing my post there. Nice option to have, right? :smug:

Calm down your fast fingers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom