Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LUND, YOU TREACHEROUS CUNT

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
First of all, I have to point out that I am a long time reader of the RPG Codex and I have lurked for quite awhile but the recent incidences of rudeness and immaturish childish behaviour have taken over the website due to no small part of the actions of a few readers. I will highlight the problematic users that plague the site in no specific order and leave it to the moderators to handle them.

These are users who are so lame-brained that they can allow this to go on forever.

Seven: I am writing this letter because I take issue with some of Seven's maneuvers. I do not understand some of the references he makes but they are undoubtedly malicious in nature based on what ever else he says. You are one sorry mother f**ker pardon my saying. I want to pull my hair out everytime you type something. It would be nice if your arguments had actual points to them once in awhile.

Role-Player: You always seem to be defending lost causes like your support for Gromnir's invalid typing style. Why? It appears that the only reason you do this is to spark difference between yourself and the other members of this forum without actually contributing anything worthwhile or meaningful to the threads.

Pooperscooper: Nothing but stupidity from him. Does the Codex really need a clown?

Exitium: he maliciously defames and damagingly misrepresents everyone and everything around him. There's a word for that: libel. It is worth noting at the outset that if you look soberly and carefully at the evidence all around you, you will note that Exitium frequently exhibits less formal criminal behavior, such as deliberate and even gleeful cruelty, occasionally explosive behavior, and a burning desire to distort and trivialize the debates he is involved in. Exitium needs to keep an open mind instead of refusing to listen to the arguments of others.

Quigs: Quigs's writings are a field of misspellings and misprisions. Nothing but idiocy seems to come out of this one's mouth, especially in regards to racist terms and other controversial topics. Worst of all is the fact that he sounds like a complete illiterate. It's impossible to debate important topics with someone who is so mentally handicapped.

Volourn: Your constant bickering with Vault Dweller is nauseating. I don't necessarily agree with your points of view, but I find that your arguments in certain threads to be terribly vapid. If you read his writings while mentally in focus and weigh each point carefully, it's clear that in asserting that there should be publicly financed centers of collectivism, he demonstrates an astounding narrowness of vision.

Dojoteef: You whine too much about subjects nobody else seems to care about. This one reminds me of a drama queen.

Spazmo: You are not funny, and nobody besides the most mentally retarded of people would ever find you funny. Stop acting like all smug like an underappreciated comedian. You seem to be rude to every single patron of this site regardless of what they have to say. If your only purpose on the Codex is to annoy, belittle and inflame others, I would suggest seeking help for that. It is obvious you have some issues to deal with.

xJEDx: Once you begin to see the light, you'll realize that I have often maintained that reasonable people can reasonably disagree. Unfortunately, when dealing with xJEDx, that claim assumes facts not in evidence. Does xJEDx really know anything about the positions he claims to support? No, he doesn't. He uses his ignorance as grounds for belligerence. Others have already explained why, but let me add that it's unfortunate that he has no real education.

Sorry for babbling so much, but I deliberately wrote in the style I did so that you may come up with your own conclusions. Therefore, I leave you with only the following: if there is one thing all of these individuals have in common, it is that they seem to think that they are right and everybody else is wrong.

Codex is going down the toilet.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
This place has gone too far already.

You mean't that in a negative sense, but I think this place has made the first steps in the right direction given it's support in the past. It just needs a big push further up the hill of incline.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
CyberP, you should start your own, better RPGCodex. I'm sure that if you set it up by your ideals, people will all flock there and it'll flourish. This place has gone too far already.

I'm not a shepard. DarkUnderlord has the power already and would do a better job than I if his heart was in it.

Angthoron

Arcane
CyberP, you should start your own, better RPGCodex. I'm sure that if you set it up by your ideals, people will all flock there and it'll flourish. This place has gone too far already.

I'm not a shepard. DarkUnderlord has the power already and would do a better job than I if his heart was in it.
You mean that you're not the guy in charge of server fees and legal issues. True that. I guess that can't really make you a revolutionary figurehead though as your voice lacks the capital and the legitimacy? Or are you like those Egypt revolutionaries.

mastroego

Arcane
If the issue was people fishing for Brofists, couldn't we just do without an "absolute" counter?
I mean, let them pile on single, worthy posts and that's it.

I miss the chance to spot "potentially awesome" posts at a glance.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Why not the Watch, though? They'd be far more malleable and receptive to your ideas. What makes Codex have potential that you believe Watch doesn't?

Numbers. You burned the Watch down years ago if I am not mistaken. It's a very small community. Plus their recent top RPGs of all time featured Mass Effect 2 and some other unworthy game right at the top.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
I may not agree with PS:T being right at the top of the Codex's list, I believe for a game to be truly great it needs both exceptional story and gameplay at the least, but overall it's a respectable list. Deus Ex needs bumping further up it though :obviously:

Angthoron

Arcane
I had a dream last night about brofists on the codex.....

:M
Suffering from brofist-removal-induced PTSD already?

burned the Watch down

Not true. We have a vested interest in RPGWatch's wellbeing, as evidenced by our careful injections of small doses of Codex member(s) to increase their community's fortitude. Like a vaccine. DU is a fucking philanthropist, man.
:bro:

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira
I had a dream last night about brofists on the codex.....

:M
6s0qeL6.gif

Leonorai

Novice
I thought you fuckwits were supposed to be a class above moaning for forum likes, do you really care that much about arbitrarily being able to +1 memes and photoshop time-wasters?

Seriously?

Leonorai

Novice
You don't have a dislike function, but that hasn't stopped anyone from verbally excreting to show disapproval now has it?

Do the same for approval without those brofists.

dryan

Arcane
I thought you fuckwits were supposed to be a class above moaning for forum likes, do you really care that much about arbitrarily being able to +1 memes and photoshop time-wasters?

Seriously?
Anybody who views this place unironically as "elite" and sees its in-lines of "prestigious" and "monocle" as anything but jokes on our own smugness has issues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom