Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Lurking - Inspired by Ultima 3 (released)

mondblut

Arcane
The font is cancer.

That can easily be fixed - the fact it appears to be an uninspiring rip-off of one of the more generic Ultima games is more of an overall concern.

I'd take Ultima 3 over any alms-giving and bread-baking simulators. Cancer is Ultima 4+.

V_K

Arcane
I had to switch my Windows language to English in order to make the game run
Was it because of "Run-time error 62: Input past end of file" message? I can't get the game to run past the intro because of it, and my version of Win7 doesn't support multi-language UI, so I can't change to English either.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Was it because of "Run-time error 62: Input past end of file" message? I can't get the game to run past the intro because of it, and my version of Win7 doesn't support multi-language UI, so I can't change to English either.
Yes, they precisely contacted me yesterday because someone else just reported the problem, they are currently trying to fix it. In the previous description they said they fixed every problem but this one, I hope they'll manage to fix it.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer

Blackmill

Scholar
So, I started a new game, and I really dislike the soundtrack. It sounds so artificial like out of a mario game. Does it get better as the game progresses?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I don't know if I should open a new thread for info about Lurking 2 or just use this one.
Here's a gif from Lurking 2's developpement blog :
lurk2vid12_27.gif

Maybe I shouldn't share it, but here's the current character creation screen (overall they've much improved the look of the UI) :

Doktor Best

Arcane
Can't tell if youre a real fan or developer in disguise. Either way, thanks for the heads up as this one looks quite interesting. I downloaded the first part and will give it a shot when i have some time.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
So...I have decided to stop lurking around the codex and join up. Aside from the fact that I did not spell my user name correctly (nor can I find a way to edit it)... This is the Lurking developer weighing in. I would be happy to answer any questions about Lurking and please know that I have seriously ruminated upon posts from the codex and made many changes as a result during the beta phase. The impact of attributes on character performance have now been outlined in a post on our website. Above all, I would be immensely grateful if you would give Lurking a reasonable trial if you have not already. We value the feedback of the discussion participants here, particularly for consideration as we are deep into production of Lurking II: A Madness (which you can check out on our web site as well). If you gave Lurking a try and lost interest, it would help us a great deal to know where we fell short so we can make the appropriate corrections in our second effort which is already quite a bit different.

B0rt

Novice
bumping this thread because it represents pure anti-cancer.

also don't be too quick to throw the name "okalbsoft" away, that might be a gift from the gods... Shimano --> Shamino, eh? like you could just ram the typo all the way to "Okalbfots" and presto, that's your wizard name.

But serious, it's always good to see someone lighting a candle rather than cursing the darkness. I've been looking for a turn-based follow up to Fallout 1.5, might as well try this game next.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
No map?

Also, even though I turn the music off, it keeps coming back on. Pretty annoying.

Don't think I can get into this game with no map.

Zep--

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Also, even though I turn the music off, it keeps coming back on. Pretty annoying.
This is not supposed to happen. I was not able to reproduce it but I will keep looking for a reason. I assume you are using the most recent v1.0.3 from itch.io. If anyone else notices this please email us along with the circumstances under which it happens if you notice any pattern to it.

Exploration is a big part of the game but I will see if I can't put a map of the overworld together for any that might want it and put it on our site.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
This is not supposed to happen. I was not able to reproduce it but I will keep looking for a reason. I assume you are using the most recent v1.0.3 from itch.io. If anyone else notices this please email us along with the circumstances under which it happens if you notice any pattern to it.

Exploration is a big part of the game but I will see if I can't put a map of the overworld together for any that might want it and put it on our site.

Not sure what version I have. How to check?

About the map....I wandered out of the castle, explored a bit...couldn't find my way back to the castle. Not good.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
also, if a character "slot" is Empty...why not just take me to the char creation screen...why have a new menu? Took me a while to figure out I had to use the "Adventurers" screen. I'm clicking on that thing in new game and nothing happened...not even a message like "Create some Adventures, Retard". Honestly, I almost quit forever right there because I though the game was broken.

Zep--

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Thank you for the feedback, Zep.

Not sure what version I have. How to check?
The name of the executable should read "Lurking RPG 1.0.3"

About the map....I wandered out of the castle, explored a bit...couldn't find my way back to the castle. Not good.
Not sure how to respond to this one other than to try to get that map done for you and offer that you could try sticking to (or close to) the roads until you get the lay of the land. The roads can be followed to most of the towns and the castles and you can look at the little signs that are scattered along them for further direction. Also, the chance of monster generation is reduced when on road tiles. The overworld map is 300 x 300 tiles divided into two continents (the East where you begin, and the West).

also, if a character "slot" is Empty...why not just take me to the char creation screen...why have a new menu? Took me a while to figure out I had to use the "Adventurers" screen. I'm clicking on that thing in new game and nothing happened...not even a message like "Create some Adventures, Retard". Honestly, I almost quit forever right there because I though the game was broken.
Good point. It always make sense to the person who made it. It has been suggested that we produce some better documentation and you have pointed out one more reason why we need to get this done and out there. Thanks.

Saduj

Arcane
Glad this thread got a bump. Downloaded the game and rolled up a party. Last guy I rolled up had 10's in everything except 4 in Wisdom :dance:.

Have to head out for adult social obligation type stuff but looking forward to giving this a try later tonight. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom