Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Does this game interest you?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Danton Abbey

Literate
STORY

Machine Made: Rebirth is a story of sci-fi technology and magic, following a terrible war with machines threatening to destroy the world, one girl must discovery that she alone holds the key to saving the world!

SCREENSHOTS

d1f1-28221.png

a572-28221.png

6ea3-28221.png

LINKS/MORE INFO

http://store.steampowered.com/app/485390/

http://www.gdunlimited.net/games/machine-made

Danton Abbey

Literate
I was inspired by classic rpgs definitely, a huge factor. What would you like to see screenshots or what other info would be helpful?

What I think is special about it compared to other similar games -- choices affect what happens in the story and it features minigames/unique gameplay.

Neki

Scholar
Does it have that fucking woodpecker text sound?

You may wanna talk with kieferd20
He already made great indie rpg maker classics like Savage bliss and Realm of darkness.

Danton Abbey

Literate
Update -- we're adding achievements to our game via steamworks, anybody have experience with this?

Danton Abbey

Literate
So I don't think there's anything wrong with rpgmaker, but if vanilla rpgmaker gameplay is all there is then that's not very interesting, especially if the plot sounds fairly generic. There's nothing wrong with drawing from other games but if it's just the same old tropes, that's not very interesting. What is special about this? What inspired you to make this?
I'll add a longer response to this post

Danton Abbey

Literate
Machine Made: Rebirth Q&A

oasis789 writes:
"So I don't think there's anything wrong with rpgmaker, but if vanilla rpgmaker gameplay is all there is then that's not very interesting, especially if the plot sounds fairly generic. There's nothing wrong with drawing from other games but if it's just the same old tropes, that's not very interesting. What is special about this? What inspired you to make this?"

What's special about this is that is has huge amounts of original assets, original story and unique features such as branching storylines, summons and sidequests.

I've become inspired to make this a better game as a result of seeing what was possible after we got it on steam would be the best answer I could think of to that.

I would be interested to know what you consider to be a trope -- I've seen websites that have lists of thousands of things they call tropes that are usually not much more than literary creations that happen to appear in more than one story. There are examples of this.

I'm surprised we're getting so much criticism for a game made by one person. Would anyone be interested in trying it out before writing it off as a bad game?

Here are a few things that will give you a little more info about the game:

MEDIA
-- Gameplay Videos/Let's Play

-- Pictures

BRANCHING STORY
mmr1-28221.png

CRAFTING ITEMS
mmr2-28221.png

MULTIPLE MINIGAMES
mmr3-28221.png

mmr4-28221.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom