Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Make the codex gud for audio threads

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My idea which you probably don't want to implement is this:

A mod for xenforum that when you serve a page examines the tags and if it finds one named like 'music' or 'playlist' creates a javascript button somewhere that plays all of the embedded youtube videos in sequence one at a time.

Something like this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27931142/multiple-youtube-video-embedded-autoplay-sequence
but procedural obviously.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
good idea, and just make it happen automatically, nothing like choosing if you want to play these playlists or not, that will make for a great experience!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It would be better for whole threads but the video must stop if you close the thread, so that is prob much harder than the ones just in a page. And besides, i'm not so sure if google's javascript api even allows playing a video with only audio running and no display output.

if the post above is sarcasm i missed it. In the event it's not, i think it a bad idea of course. Videos shouldn't ever start automatically and i use a extension just to prevent that in non-whitelisted sites.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Your idea is stupid and we're all dumber for having read it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom