Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Malevolence: the Sword of Ahkranox - Turn Based - Early Access now available

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Not that I think anything will be finished. But dumbvolence promises epic LULZ.

The game, while first person, is also turn-based

This is the greatest fucking joke in a long time. Combat in all videos is real time.

Yeah, fuck it. Let's say it's turn based anyway. good'oh?

even dialog is procedurally generated

:smug:

procedural generation is the future of gaming

Some would say that's impossible in a game. Well, we've done it! It's already working ..

if it was possible we would even procedurally generate money

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Unless it's a 4X or sim then I'm not interested in whatever procedural crap they want to push. I replay games with good and strong quest design more often that crapshit like Skyrim with infinity respawning dragons and infinity amount of fetch quests.

Emily

Arcane
The game dosen't acctualy look all that bad judging from the LP. It just looks too shalow.. Just look at those stats, all the stats that u have are, just your avrage atributes, no special skils, no perks, no weapon mastery...Also health potions instant healing? -> decline next get shit : D
The game dosent need infinite world of shalow pointless fetch/kill quests ( what else can u honestly make with random spawner) with no lore etc, it needs to go deeper, make more polished, refined gameplay. Who wants to just play something for the sake of playing is pretty much even better off playing Korean grinders, they are even more deep than this

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Looks fantastic. Finally, something to look forward to once I finish playing that real time dungeon crawler (dredmor I think, or whatever it's called)

However, some issues:

-Randomly generated shit. FUCK, i HATE randomness in games. HATE it.
-Single character. WTF? The entire point of making a game turnbased is for multiple player controled characters.
-It appears it will have repeating spell effects, so multiple spells will have the same graphic. SUCKITUDE!

Apart from the above, I am really looking forward to it.

Marobug

Oh awesome, more kickstarter type shit. Also you lost me at "100% procedurally generated content". It's screaming boring quests, boring dungeons, boring landscape, boring dialogues, boring everything. Could be interesting in a 5 mb experimental game, not in a M&M kinda game.

Luzur

Good Sir
you lost me at "100% procedurally generated content"

imagine playing might and magic X in daggerfall dungeons

you just reminded me of Alamos and Darkmoor in MM6.

Good points. I haven't really thought of it like this before. Guess I've always tried playing procedurally generated games in the traditional 'lets try and see everything we can possibly find way'(as a result of being brought up on exploration crawlers like Might and Magic) rather than imagining how it would be if I was dumped in a big city with countless options to choose from and going from there.

ever tried Legends of Valour?

funkadelik

Arcane
Looks cool except for the character portrait, which looks like a 13-year-old anime-fag made it in paint.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
3D roguelike? Not sure about the whole "infinite" part but whatever, if its a scam its not a very expensive one and if its a good game then its good for all of us.

Still I prefer when special premade pieces are inserted into random generated content. Then you get the best of two worlds - random world with crucial areas not disappointing you with retarded design.

kris

Arcane
They lost me there. What do they mean with a infinite world that is not randomized? It shouldn't be possible.

Luzur

Good Sir
They lost me there. What do they mean with a infinite world that is not randomized? It shouldn't be possible.

from what i read towns, dungeons etc are fixed, and the map is auto-generated at start? i think it was something like that.

Mortmal

Arcane
Basically Daggerfall.

Except its turned based and grid based, they arent showing anything of the combat in the video but i fear the worse, one character only and so little strategic options, zero reasons to go turn based.
Maybe ask them in an interview, you have better things to do with your time than moving threads and splitting forums guys.

Luzur

Good Sir
Basically Daggerfall.

Except its turned based and grid based, they arent showing anything of the combat in the video but i fear the worse, one character only and so little strategic options, zero reasons to go turn based.
Maybe ask them in an interview, you have better things to do with your time than moving threads and splitting forums guys.

yeah that would be nice of you mod guys.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I could try and fix up an interview. Or just ask them that question. Whatever.
I'll look for an email address or something.

EDIT: I got in touch with them. If you have any questions to ask them, just write them here.

Mortmal

Arcane
My questions are related to combat,he mention very different types of games (stonekeep, might and magic etc) none of those game have the same gameplay , their turn based grid based thing doesnt tell us much. Are they going with a dungeon master or stonekeep pseudo turn based, or real turn based like wizardry and early might and magic with infinite amout of time to input your commands.
When he speaks of the grid is he only refering about the movement ? Again does this mean grid base movement on square tiles like dungeon master, or a grid in combat like ambermoon/amberstar/ albion mixing 3D view and 2D view ? Also how many spells , how many attack types ?
The trailer really should show some more combat, i barely see one fight at the begining , and its looks like a bit more like daggefalll than dungeon master or might and magic, but really not seen enough to tell.

Luzur

Good Sir
I could try and fix up an interview. Or just ask them that question. Whatever.
I'll look for an email address or something.

EDIT: I got in touch with them. If you have any questions to ask them, just write them here.

well, ok:

1. is it built like Daggerfall (like i posted earlier, thats how i understood the "preview" i read somewhere) in its landscapes (pre-set towns/dungeons etc and generated landscape)?
2. moddability?
3. will there be edges to the world or be more like Minecraft?
4. why not party based?
5. how will the spell system work?
6. will you add a Challenge/Hardcore/1 life only difficult mode?
7. will towns be big and varied or look the same (random generated town insides?) and will there be open towns or will everyone be inside walls (the big box you showed in a landscape video)?
8. as mentioned above, i hope portraits will be "upgraded".
9. fly spell?
10. will you have a auto-generated quest system too?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom