Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Man O' War: Corsair, Warhammer Fantasy naval combat game

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
wanting to eat MY ship?

6Vs3NfW.jpg

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Anyone know what's up with Games Workshop lately?
Before they seemed somewhat tight about their licenses but there has been shit tons of crap (and less crap, even good) games using nearly all their licenses like it's a big free for all for small and big studios alike.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone know what's up with Games Workshop lately?
Before they seemed somewhat tight about their licenses but there has been shit tons of crap (and less crap, even good) games using nearly all their licenses like it's a big free for all for small and big studios alike.
They is want cash.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
They is want cash.

And they didn't before?
GW also been about milking kids and fat cows, nothing new here.

What's new is how unknown studios (and known ones) have been pushing out the doors a lot of GW licenses of varying quality.

I mean, in the past 2-3 years and soon out:
- Total War: Warhammer
- Man O' War Corsair
- Blood Bowl II
- Mordheim: City of the Damned
- Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide
- Warhammer Quest
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III
- Eisenhorn: Xenos
- Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
- Space Hulk: Deathwing
- Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
- Warhammer 40,000: Regicide
- The Horus Heresy: Drop Assault
- Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch Tyranids Invasion
- Legacy of Dorn: Herald of Oblivion
- Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf
- Talisman
- Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena

edit: THQ! Of course...

They is want cash.

And they didn't before?
GW also been about milking kids and fat cows, nothing new here.

What's new is how unknown studios (and known ones) have been pushing out the doors a lot of GW licenses of varying quality.

I mean, in the past 2-3 years and soon out:
- Total War: Warhammer
- Man O' War Corsair
- Blood Bowl II
- Mordheim: City of the Damned
- Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide
- Warhammer Quest
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III
- Eisenhorn: Xenos
- Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
- Space Hulk: Deathwing
- Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
- Warhammer 40,000: Regicide
- The Horus Heresy: Drop Assault
- Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch Tyranids Invasion
- Legacy of Dorn: Herald of Oblivion
- Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf
- Talisman
- Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena

edit: THQ! Of course...

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach

Ranarama

Learned
I can't believe this appears to be the one to get a single player campaign. I was hoping for vermintide or mordenheim to provide the pre-skubmar WFRP experience in a single player format. I guess this is as close as it gets. Although about half the WFRP campaigns I ever played ended up with the players trying to become captains on a riverboat.

A horse of course

All the LP's (and even the official update trailers) make this look janky as hell. I'll hold off until it's in a more complete and optimized state, and if it never gets there then so be it, I won't have wasted any money.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyway, the new update lets you play as Khornates, complete with gifts of chaos and all.

Melee is somewhat improved, but optimizing needs work.

exe

Augur
That was probably the worst voice acting I have ever heard.

A horse of course

Tried the...demo, from Fitgirl. Definitely reminds me of a ship-based Mount and Blade, replete with unbelievably boring shit like trading goods in different ports. I can forgive the general jankiness - shit animations, ugly character models (humans, at least) and so on, but the bugs that rendered certain missions impossible to complete (and then left mission text stuck on your screen forever) made me quit. Now granted this the Steam release version, but looking at the most recent negative reviews on steam, they have the same problems as I did. I'm not going to bother wasting my time typing out a comprehensive review - it's just another one of those "out of early access 6 months before it was ready" titles that could, hypothetically, be polished enough in a year.

Avoid for now (and perhaps forever).

Riso

Arcane
I got the game in the steam sale but haven't touched it yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom