Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mask of the Betrayer '15

Ivan

Arcane
Thanks guys. Got the party limit to work. Seems fine so far. Though I'm disappointed I missed out on so much by not having Gann with me. Oh well, will remedy that when I replay the evil run.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Conversing with the Sisters of the Coven was MAJOR INCLINE. THIS IS SO GOOD.

But I must ask, who's this Bishop guy? Is he from the OC? Anything important I need to know about him?

One positive feature of the original campaign was that each member of the party represented a different alignment, representing all of them except Lawful Evil.

Bishop was the Chaotic Evil one. Due to the nature of his alignment, he respects brutality (Evil) and self reliance (Chaos). He respects a PC that exhibits these qualities. Due the nature of his alignment, he'll betray the party no matter what, but if a PC he respects starts taunting him with the idea he has traded one master for another, he can be manipulated to abandon the evil side as well.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Spirit meter is cool. It makes you use spells judiciously. Worst case scenario you just use satiate. Unless there's something else I don't know about...

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I upped the party limit on a playthrough and it certainly never appeared to cause a glitch. Seems like the best approach since otherwise you significant multiply the number of times you would need to replay the same way in order to explore the content. This way, your replays can focus on different choices, rather than different companions.

hiver

Spirit meter is cool. It makes you use spells judiciously. Worst case scenario you just use satiate. Unless there's something else I don't know about...

No, thats just a stupid turd trolling and trying to ruin the thread because he is such a pathetic stupid turd.

Play on and enjoy one of the best games ever made.

ArchAngel

Arcane

No, thats just a stupid turd trolling and trying to ruin the thread because he is such a pathetic stupid turd.

Play on and enjoy one of the best games ever made.
Right after SoZ. MotB is only for storyfags with no hands (because the gameplay is so retarded you don't need them).

Ivan

Arcane
I upped the party limit on a playthrough and it certainly never appeared to cause a glitch. Seems like the best approach since otherwise you significant multiply the number of times you would need to replay the same way in order to explore the content. This way, your replays can focus on different choices, rather than different companions.

PERFECTLY WORDED. WOULD BROFIST AGAIN

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
He's a companion that always betrays you at the end of OC. You either end up killing him or if you have enough influence with him he just leaves and ends up dying like most of your companions when the place colapses (best ending ever).

The only ones who die for sure are Cassavir and Bishop, who are rivals/inversions to each other; the Lawful Good one died for the sake of the party and Chaotic Evil guy out for himself. Elanee and Grobnar's deaths were unconfirmed and the rest escaped one way or another.

Last edited:

hiver

How do you up the party limit?

Ivan

Arcane
tilde> debugmode on> rs ga_party_limit(5)

I already had Gann at the veil so I couldn't recruit him. I used rs ga_party_add("name") to get him to join.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

But I must ask, who's this Bishop guy? Is he from the OC? Anything important I need to know about him?

One positive feature of the original campaign was that each member of the party represented a different alignment, representing all of them except Lawful Evil.
Wasn't Ammon Jerro Lawful Evil, or I'm misremembering?

Wasn't Ammon Jerro Lawful Evil, or I'm misremembering?

Neutral.

It was speculated one of his Devil servants who features prominently might have been a possible companion in Act 3 but the content was cut.

Last edited:

Nael

Arcane

Now I have to replay NWN2... AGAIN :x

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
He's a companion that always betrays you at the end of OC. You either end up killing him or if you have enough influence with him he just leaves and ends up dying like most of your companions when the place colapses (best ending ever).

The only ones who die for sure are Cassavir and Bishop, who are rivals/inversions to each other; the Lawful Good one died for the sake of the party and Chaotic Evil guy out for himself. Elanee and Grobnar's deaths were unconfirmed and the rest escaped one way or another.
Well I guess only Grobnar, Bishop and Qara die. Elanee dies because I always kill that bitch. Casavir is alive in SoZ.

Andnjord

Arcane

The urge is growing strong inside me again as well...

Ivan

Arcane
Are Brilliant Spit Essences supposed to be rare? There was a guy who wanted 4 to upgrade Okku but I'm at the Wizard academy and I've barely stumbled upon my second.

Also, I love how MotB uses italics for emphasis and not caps (fucking Pillars)

Seari

Arcane
Patron
What about the ending, does it show all the companions?

I would love to replay the game right now, no time unfortunately.

Well I guess only Grobnar, Bishop and Qara die. Elanee dies because I always kill that bitch. Casavir is alive in SoZ.

Guess that makes Ammon Jerro's commentary on companion fates in MotB non-canon, because the most guaranteed death was Casavir's.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Yes. I believe the scripting is probably something like If InParty(Gann) then Do(Such and Such).

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Are Brilliant Spit Essences supposed to be rare? There was a guy who wanted 4 to upgrade Okku but I'm at the Wizard academy and I've barely stumbled upon my second.

Also, I love how MotB uses italics for emphasis and not caps (fucking Pillars)
The reward/upgrade from the shaman used to be bugged, as in you would get nothing. Not sure if they ever patched it.

Here's a fix: http://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mods/907/?

Nael

Arcane

The urge is growing strong inside me again as well...

mQE4yZ6.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom