Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mask of the Betrayer '15

Andnjord

Arcane
Now send this picture to Ziet's private twitter account (or whatever social network he uses) without any context or explanation. I'm sure he will love it.

(Did you make those pictures Nael? If so :bro: for your speed)

Nael

Arcane
Now send this picture to Ziet's private twitter account (or whatever social network he uses) without any context or explanation. I'm sure he will love it.

(Did you make those pictures Nael? If so :bro: for your speed)

I don't tweet. :rpgcodex:

Feel free to do so yourself :happytrollboy:

(Yes :martini:)

Gerrard

Arcane
A MotB thread and immediately some retards complaining about the spirit eater mechanic. Never fails to deliver. Where did these dumbfucks come from? Should I blame /PoEG/?

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Any DM that forced that Spirit Eater shit on you would be considered garbage. Not complaining about it is the true dumbfuckery.

Lhynn

Arcane
I force lots of temporary mechanics onto my players, they never complained. They love variety and they enjoy coping with an obstacle.
Spirit eater was a brilliant mechanic, calling it otherwise just means you are the problem, not the game.

Last edited:

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think you are a liar or a fool. Forcing mechanics like that is called railroading.

Andkat

Educated
You can synthesize lower-tier essences into brilliant essences, assuming you've held on to enough.

Andnjord

Arcane
I think you are a liar or a fool. Forcing mechanics like that is called railroading.

That's not forcing mechanics, that's the whole point of the campaign. If you don't like there's no point in playing it. If anything any rational player would complain that their character is supposedly cursed but there is no consequence to it (look at the threads about POE for example).

Lhynn was speaking of temporary mechanics though, which suggests getting cursed halfway through a campaign. It would depend on how it's handled, I guess. "Suddenly you're all cursed!" would be a bit shitty way of introducing it.

I've changed my mind. I now like the spirit eater mechanic.

signature said:
I vote LeStryfe79 for the most drunken poster.

Hmmmm...

Gentle Player

Arcane
If anything any rational player would complain that their character is supposedly cursed but there is no consequence to it

BG2 is a prime example. Your soul/divine essence is stolen by a powerful wizard and the rest of the game hinges on tracking him down to recover it. Yet mechanically it made no difference whatsoever other than granting you the Slayer form, which personally I saw no reason to use. They could have done something really interesting there, it was such wasted potential.

Lhynn

Arcane
If anything any rational player would complain that their character is supposedly cursed but there is no consequence to it

BG2 is a prime example. Your soul/divine essence is stolen by a powerful wizard and the rest of the game hinges on tracking him down to recover it. Yet mechanically it made no difference whatsoever other than granting you the Slayer form, which personally I saw no reason to use. They could have done something really interesting there, it was such wasted potential.
Like prophetic dreams? talking to a gods avatar? or losing your divine powers?
Yeah wish all that woulda made it into the game. But yeah, they could have done more, a lot more, they could have done so many things that if they had wed probably have another cleve here promising a release next thursday.

Black

Arcane
I'd just like to interject that the evil MotB ending seems most likely to be canon since
OoM is in SoZ and talks about his master
Take that, moralfags.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'd just like to interject that the evil MotB ending seems most likely to be canon since
OoM is in SoZ and talks about his master
Take that, moralfags.

I'm pretty sure the real suggestion there is that the Unaligned version is canon.

That, or Obsidian wanted a cool encounter and doesn't care about canon.

Ivan

Arcane
For every awesome moment the games offers, it seems like it slams on the brakes and deals out a boring chunk in between. I'm at the academy and it's slow as fuck. Also, I think I may have run into a huge bug. I can't find the activation orb to start the mirror puzzle.

edit:

nevermind, it was the fucking camera, again

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
IT'S TIME
PZZkah4.png
PZZkah4.png

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
You almost made me re-install MOTB, but logic prevailed and I decided not to, since I don't want to suffer that horrible engine once again.

Andnjord

Arcane
Wait, Amon Jerro can join your party?!? Oh... well... I didn't knew that....

Is he actually an interesting character to have around? And I'm assuming he's linked to the demons in the academy thingie, right?

Time for another playthrough!

Prime Junta

I quite enjoyed the academy. It was relaxing. Also for Safiya's backstory and stuff about the Red Wizards in general.

Starwars

Arcane
It's probably my least favorite part of the campaign. It don't think it's bad per say but I dunno... somehow I always got the feeling that it doesn't quite fit in with the rest and I think it acts a little bit like a roadblock in how the campaign unfolds.

PoE did the soul thing way better.
:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom