Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Mass Effect 3 Review Bombardment

Alienfreak

Novice
Just finished it.

Whoever that guy at Bioware is that thinks he can design good games should get euthanized as soon as possible.
The Story lacks any consistency. And the ending with that boy as a super power that lacks any explanation as always to make it MAJESTIC paired with MAJESTICALLY bad endings... jebzuz...

And can anyone remind me what that war score is for? I mean its not like it changes anything of significance?

Black

Arcane
Just finished it.

Whoever that guy at Bioware is that thinks he can design good games should get euthanized as soon as possible.
The Story lacks any consistency. And the ending with that boy as a super power that lacks any explanation as always to make it MAJESTIC paired with MAJESTICALLY bad endings... jebzuz...

And can anyone remind me what that war score is for? I mean its not like it changes anything of significance?
Joke's on you, you played through me3 :hearnoevil:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Just finished it.
Heh, at least that's a good thing about modern engaiging cinematic experiences (previously known as games), you can have full reviews by people that finished the game and every sidequest just a few hours after launch. :lol:

BTW guys, just look at the IGN review: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/01/mass-effect-3-review

The guys created a whole new layout, with falling meteors and huge pics, just to review a single game! Also, they gave 9.5, just because they are pros and would be too obvious.

Alienfreak

Novice
Just finished it.
Heh, at least that's a good thing about modern engaiging cinematic experiences (previously known as games), you can have full reviews of people that finished the game and every sidequest just a few hours after launch. :lol:

True.
It not even has half the hours of what ME2 had. And ME2 was already a bad game.

Out of laziness reasons I am just gonna copy pasta my review from metacritic (its badly formatted like everything on that page):

First things first: NOTHING YOU DO DURING THE ADVENTURE CHANGES THE ENDING!!!!111111 This game is really a letdown. --- HUUUUUGE PLOTHOLES EVERYWHERE --- Really bad graphics when compared to many titles that come out nowadays --- Repetitive gameplay from minute one. --- Repetitive enemies --- Bad AI --- Badly designed dialogues and options not telling you what you gonna say. --- Fewer places to visit so it saves a lot of money for EA! You can only buy stuff in the citadel. --- No character special missions so it saves EA a lot of money but less stuff for you to do --- Really bad presentation. Like the Normandy coming in like a WW2 bomber and dropping a bomb? Srsly!? A whole fleet opening fire and it looks more like 80mm mortars hitting something!? --- The endings are just lol. If you think you've seen bad endings try the ones from ME3. Biggest let down for a triology ever --- Bad Voice Acting --- Many bugs --- Uninteresting Characters

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Just finished it.

And can anyone remind me what that war score is for? I mean its not like it changes anything of significance? "

So horrible that you beat it the very day it came out. LMAO

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Just finished it.
Heh, at least that's a good thing about modern engaiging cinematic experiences (previously known as games), you can have full reviews by people that finished the game and every sidequest just a few hours after launch. :lol:

BTW guys, just look at the IGN review: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/01/mass-effect-3-review

The guys created a whole new layout, with falling meteors and huge pics, just to review a single game! Also, they gave 9.5, just because they are pros and would be too obvious.

I can't... stop... laughing...

Must... catch... breath...

Alienfreak

Novice
"Just finished it.

And can anyone remind me what that war score is for? I mean its not like it changes anything of significance? "

So horrible that you beat it the very day it came out. LMAO

Know your enemy.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Good stuff from your friendly RPG site: http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=19191 :lol:

Dhruin said:
It looks like disenchanted players (or those with a certain political agenda?) have targeted the Metacritic score, possibly for including a gay romance scene. The user score is currently 2.4, which may please some, but just goes to show review consolidation sites are as unreliable as the games press. Thanks, CVG.

As long as you have gay romance scenes you can pretty much blame all bad reviews on homophobes. Brilliant BiowarEA move.
Time to release the much awaited RPGCodex game then.
Produced by Jarl Frank:
Nazi Trannies of the Fourth Reich.
Featuring:
Emotional engaging Jew extermination.
Action packed Nigger slaughtering.
Epic destruction of the Liberal agenda.
As recruitable characters all the filthy minorities longing to be part of the master race.
All of this complemented by hot Steaming Tranny on Tranny sex.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Cool, probably Brazil will be a DLC Mission where you visit the hidden retired heroes of the SS and go fishing with Mengele.

hiver

This is a pretty decent professional review and the score is on the low side (albeit on the pro-reviewers AAA title rating scale).
Nice review. Effort to rate it and see it as something not so bad as review shows, at the end, but the review is good.

The guys at EA who tell reviewers what to say seem to have a pretty good idea of what makes a decent to good game. Why can't EA have them design the games?

sser

Arcane
Developer
[Statement about how the game is Now Here.]
[Obligatory mention of previous games; maybe a comparison to other trilogies.]
[Uncritical love for the continuation of irrelevant, meaningless subplots.]
[Homosexuality mentioned in a way to maintain writer's hetero-status while golf-clapping BioWare's social awareness.]
[Ending is inferred to be awesome.]
[Gameplay is streamlined, but that's okay.]
[Suck BioWare's dick a little bit.]
[Catch breath for soft criticism to show you're not sucking dick.]
[Now the sucking is continued.]
[They've really out done themselves this time.]
[Copy/paste lines promising ensured, future Gaming Greatness, a line stolen out of the review of whatever AAA-game was released last week.]

Alienfreak

Novice
Metacritic now started to remove User Ratings out of "Trolling".
Mine included.

Its really poor that not only the big gaming sites and magazines are bought with EA money but nowadays even User Review Pages start to delete User Reviews to please the great EA Overlord.
The argument is that it has over 40 hours of content and you can't beat it at the same day as well as people creating accounts only to rate this game thus they are trolls. REALLY!?
This is really the beginning of the end ^^

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Why does the Codex only trust the 'masses' when they bash BIO? l0lz

Probably because it's likely Codex wannabes doing the spamming/trolling. I like BIO and I've played 2 hours of ME3. How the fuck do people complete a game they hate so fast? LMFAO

curry

Arcane
Just finished my first (and probably only) playthrough, on Hardcore difficulty. It's actually pretty good entertainment if you play it as an Action Adventure game and forget it's trying to be an RPG. :lol:

I was positive surprised by some of the quests and writing, and I loved that stuff changes depending on what you do or did in the earlier games. To give an example: in order to get the Salarians support the war effort, I had to sabotage the curing of the Genophage without the Krogans knowing. To do so I had to shoot Mordin in the back but thought it was worth it because I got both the Salarians and Krogans. Wrex found out my deception later in the game and I had to shoot him too and it was certainly something I didn't see coming. You also get to kill Anderson, Udina, the Illusive Man etc. and make other choices (such as give the Geth a free mind) although I'd have to play again to see if they have any real effect. Unfortunately there's also a ton of fedex quests where you just run around delivering items you found while scanning planets. If I had known the "war score" is useless I wouldn't have wasted my time doing those. :roll:

Combat is pretty good too although it gets a bit tedious in the end because there's much less variety in the enemies than in ME2. You'll be fighting either Cerberus troops or Reaper troops the whole time.

3/5

circ

Arcane
I haven't played ME3. I was tempted. Ok not really. Latex robot talk had me going for 2 seconds, but then I notice it's some sort of metallic crap and I haven't seen any ass shots. Then again I haven't looked.

I did just play 10 minutes of Jade Empire though. I installed it last year, meaning to replay it but I can't do it. I'm in Tien's landing or something, and you think animations in ME3 are bad? Try Jade Empire. And how can a game from 6? years back have such poor performance on a modern computer? It's like its defaulted to vsync. Actually it might be as the graphical options are pretty sparse.

Anyway, I end up in a fight I can't avoid because I walked over a trigger tile. Yeah ok. Some thugs ask me what the fuck I'm looking at. I tell them I'm just going to watch them beat some bitch up. Combat. It didn't matter what I answered as I remember.

Same old shitty BioWare, and it's always been like this. No, ME 1 wasn't a good game, just as DAOOO wasn't.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
To be fair, Jade Empire does have a great evil ending:
*spoiler*
You consume the essence of the water dragon and basically become an evil god, waging war and striking fear into the hearts of all that hear your name.
And you can turn some of the companions evil or (more) good, which I've always thought was a cool idea.

But yeah, JE is pretty bad.

Edit: We don't have
anymore? Fucking xenforo.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
JE is underrated. It's vastly superior to KOTOR and BG1. No contest.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
For the Polish brigade, gamecorner has a pretty scathing review..even if the dialogue presentation is hailed as the next big thing(TW2 was far better) which is a bit derp.

http://gamecorner.pl/gamecorner/1,94700,11319388,Mass_Effect_3___recenzja_raczej_nieprzychylna.html

Wish I could be arsed to translate it but babelfish or google translate does a good enough job for getting the message across to non-Poles. It's worth a read.

One of the final lines:

...after the end credits, I felt used, mentally raped by BioWare

I understood all those players who just rode the game on Metacritic and ceased to understand reviewers who were giving the highest marks

[The game is a monument to the] memory of BioWare, the studio that once made ​​two or three very good games and then were unable to, but had a powerful marketing support, and somehow kept it going.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom