Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Lambach

Arcane

Provided the combat does end up looking this way when it actually gets released, I might Torrent this when they crack it. 'Course, if they implement "lick 17 Reaper buttholes" as means of advancing the plot, a la Inquisition, I'll probably skip it over regardless.

J1M

Arcane

Provided the combat does end up looking this way when it actually gets released, I might Torrent this when they crack it. 'Course, if they implement "lick 17 Reaper buttholes" as means of advancing the plot, a la Inquisition, I'll probably skip it over regardless.

EA Origin Access has a 7 day free trial right now. If that promotion lasts until March 16th, you'd be able to try it for 10 hours for free.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Any news about minimum requirements?

This being frostbyte, it will likely run well on any half decent computer, like inquisition and battlefield do. Unless Bioware fucks the optimization up.
Or decides to lock cutscenes to 30 fps again. :lol:

They locked fps on consoles to 30fps 1080p, despite all that bullshit and video showing the game running on a ps4 pro at 4k... fucking EA...

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Minimum requirements are:

- Lack of good taste.
- Sadomasochism
He's working as office lady in czech republic for over 20 years.
- Lack of self-awareness
Kicked out because young woman needed a job for 3x-10x more than he did that, and moved into replacement office where he heard "we need to get rid of these two old cronies", aka him and an experienced office lady which worked in that department for over 7 years...
- Insufficient understanding what cringe is
- Inadequacy during intercourse
Childrens already.
- Inferiority complex
Only crazy, psychopats, and a category I don't want to mention, don't have inferiority complex in czech republic.
- Crippling anxiety during social events
He don't have that. Would it be that large problem?
- Addiction to masturbation to digital characters
It's platonic love, for these higher educated or these with dignity.
- Emotional age of 10-13
Who isn't when his/her children growed.
- Attraction to popamoles
- Self-loathing
Not found, at least what I know.
- Detestation of turn-based combat
He'd put difficulty on easy and play it as a movie, for the story.
- Egdy shitposting
I think he might do that when story would be bad.

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

This being frostbyte, it will likely run well on any half decent computer, like inquisition and battlefield do. Unless Bioware fucks the optimization up.

They locked fps on consoles to 30fps 1080p, despite all that bullshit and video showing the game running on a ps4 pro at 4k... fucking EA...
Those "4k" in the PS4 Pro, though...

Those brothers seem so bland... So very little appealing...

J1M

Arcane

I'm talking about Dragon Age: Inquisition for PC, which to this day has cutscenes, conversations, etc. locked to 30 FPS unless you use a console command that will desync frostbite's multiplayer mode.

They could lock consoles to 15 FPS 720p for all I care, as long as they add a setting on PC that disables motion blur and depth of field bullshit.

aleph

Arcane

sullynathan

Arcane
What is more hilarious is that this basically makes the original series laughable in terms of technological standards. Andromada is a prequel yet the technology and biotics we see far outstrips what is available in ME 1-3.
Andromeda is a sequel set centuries after ME3. Lay off the dope.

its really 1800p faux-K

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Female PC still looks hilarious.

What is more hilarious is that this basically makes the original series laughable in terms of technological standards. Andromada is a prequel yet the technology and biotics we see far outstrips what is available in ME 1-3.

Not to defend Mass Effect Andromeda, but you do realize it is set 600 years or something after ME3?

Yeah 600 years they spent in hibernation going to a different galaxy. They leave in between ME2 and 3 I think so they should have that lvl of tech.

If they bother to explain it they might say its newly adapted technology from the Andromeda galaxy but bio cannot into world building so I wouldn't expect them to.

Heretic

Cipher
http://thegg.net/opinion-editorial/...racters-look-so-ugly-bioware-sjwi-design-101/
Why does Mass Effect: Andromeda´s female characters look so ugly? – Bioware SJW design 101
why-does-mass-effect-andromedas-female-characters-look-so-ugly-bioware-sjw-design-101-header.jpg

I am most likely far from the only one who has noticed that there is something very odd about the female characters in Bioware´s upcoming action/RPG game “Mass Effect: Andromeda” (the game is set for a release in March to PS4, Xbox One and PC – NA on the 21st of March, and EU on the 23rd of March). Well, right off the bat. Mass Effect: Andromeda´s female design is basically what happens when “Dragon Age: Inquisition” goes “Mass Effect” (let´s be honest. Mods saved DAI from it´s terrible female game designs).

I mean, have you seen what the MEA females look like? Sure, I can´t speak for everyone else now, but I find that most of the females to look either really ugly or masculine to the max (like in the picture above). So I take it that Bioware has gone full SJW mode with “Mass Effect: Andromeda”. Well, at least that´s the vibes that I´ve gotten from every single female character that I have seen from the game so far. However, it´s worth pointing out that the male MEA characters look perfectly fine. In the matter of fact, they actually look like their real face model counter parts (you will find examples of this down below).

pippin

I think it's 25% SJW and 75% Bioware firing/not rehiring older artists and hiring shit artists instead

da:o concept art looked great

da:i concept art looked like deviantart crap

I wouldn't rule out them trying to make a statement about women, but then again, they have been doing so since along time ago and they had hot women in their games. I think the artists are just incapable of drawing human faces like they should be, and just proceed to draw themselves.

Bring back live drawing sessions please.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Sara and Cora aren't even close to ugly, so it's a pretty ridiculous argument to be having. They look derp on some angles or when pulling some facial expressions which is a mass effect tradition. Mark Vandermeer spent half of the original trilogy looking like a pedophile every time he smiled.

Recent promotional materials for Sara look pretty damn good actually:

Mass-Effect-Andromeda-Bilder-aus-dem-Science-Fiction-Epos-1024x576-52165b6f9ec1d18f.jpg

Less flattering, but probably what it'll look like in gameplay:
C4_-FTRUMAAzH7M

Then another gameplay one but taken from the pause menu screen:
UPkCcYy.jpg

You can see what a huge difference lighting conditions make, hence why professional photographers and cinematographers take so much care with it to make everyone look as good as they possibly can and why your custom shepard who looked totally fine in the character creator screen suddenly looked like a botched plastic surgery job as soon as they entered the game proper.

Cora looking good:
tumblr_okelk7z3Xp1qhd14co1_r2_500.gif

Cora looking not so good:
twjlf.png

If women with undercuts or imperfect noses terrify you and them existing in games, movies or television make you worry about the SJW adgenda I'd recommend not walking outside in any major city and avoiding most media in general. In any case none of this matters at all because there's an 80% chance of this game simply being Dragon Age: Inquisition in space, and consequently being a terrible game as a result.

J1M

Arcane
Meh, compared to someone like Miranda they look intentionally plain.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Meh, compared to someone like Miranda they look intentionally plain.

Miranda has long hair and wears very provocative clothing (insert photo zoomed in on her giant ass here), but also suffers from square jaw derpface syndrome with some regularity:

miranda-lawson-mass-elzkjh.jpg

g3jcq.png

maxresdefaultztkn3.jpg

I think most people were willing to forgive a lot more about this stuff since the main competition was Bethesda potato people and... wait who else was even making mainstream RPG's in the 2000's? I guess Witcher 2 hit the year after ME2 and was quite popular.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Sara and Cora aren't even close to ugly, so it's a pretty ridiculous argument to be having. They look derp on some angles or when pulling some facial expressions which is a mass effect tradition. Mark Vandermeer spent half of the original trilogy looking like a pedophile every time he smiled.

Cora looking good:

I applaud your wildly different taste as it means we will never be chasing the same (imaginary, video game character) women and therefore competition-for-banging* is reduced by one. :bounce:

Even that "good" shot of Cora looks very much like a less attractive version of the character from Wreck-it-Ralph, which just makes me think of Jane Lynch (who did the VO for that character in the movie), which is NOT THE RIGHT LOOK for a romance option in a game that seems 90% about banging and 10% about pew pew.

*that is how the kids describe it in this franchise now, right?

Last edited:

Prime Junta

We're deep in Uncanny Valley. If these were real faces, they would be very attractive. As it is they look like a scary lumpy silicone mask pulled over a terminator skull. They need to be a lot more realistic, or a lot less.

Not sure what's more disturbing - SJW character design or their dead fish eyes.

Ah, well, I'm sure the content will make up for it and they'll turn out to be beautiful on the inside...

:lol:

Tytus

Arcane

Mass-Effect-Andromeda-Bilder-aus-dem-Science-Fiction-Epos-1024x576-52165b6f9ec1d18f.jpg

Less flattering, but probably what it'll look like in gameplay:
C4_-FTRUMAAzH7M

Then another gameplay one but taken from the pause menu screen:
UPkCcYy.jpg

You can see what a huge difference lighting conditions make, hence why professional photographers and cinematographers take so much care with it to make everyone look as good as they possibly can and why your custom shepard who looked totally fine in the character creator screen suddenly looked like a botched plastic surgery job as soon as they entered the game proper.

Cora looking good:
tumblr_okelk7z3Xp1qhd14co1_r2_500.gif

Cora looking not so good:
twjlf.png

If women with undercuts or imperfect noses terrify you and them existing in games, movies or television make you worry about the SJW adgenda I'd recommend not walking outside in any major city and avoiding most media in general. In any case none of this matters at all because there's an 80% chance of this game simply being Dragon Age: Inquisition in space, and consequently being a terrible game as a result.

Whoever designed these characters must be a fan of this song:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter

Turns out skills are class independent. You can make any character of any skill combination. It seems it does have classes but it doesn't want to limit you to a class, first I've seen. Seems novel. Its kind of like the one in DAO but with every restriction removed.... . ..and the fav. build out feature. It seems you are able to create the most efficient character possible with all the variety in a single run. I don't know if its a good thing or bad thing. Why replay the game then?

The AI seems braindead, I bet its going to be one of those games where the enemies become sponges on higher difficulties.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom