Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I was about 12 seconds in before I was thoroughly annoyed by both the voiceover and Bioware's attempt at showing the ship maneuvering in space around asteroids. Incline!

Prime Junta

If there is one space opera trope I would love to see dead and buried, it's the crowded asteroid field.

If you absolutely have to have rock-dodging spacecraft, at least make them do that in planetary rings. That'd be a good deal more credible. Smaller rocks though.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
God damn, that voice is annoying.

Why would a car even have an Element Zero(TM) core? I thought they're used to bend spacetime. You don't need that to drive over some rocks. And it for damn sure doesn't sound like a V8. And fuel injection boost? Did they just look up some car terms and smoosh them in there without knowing wtf they are?

Jesus bioturds, you're not even trying anymore.

Having Poindexter J. Betadweeb explain it just makes it worse.

Turjan

Arcane
Does my memory fail me, or are most of the rooms in that ship more or less recycled from how they looked in ME2, except for the "We Bang" Palace? I haven't played ME3 and it's been a while, so I'm not completely sure about this.

Last edited:
Why would a car even have an Element Zero(TM) core? I thought they're used to bend spacetime.
It's used to bend gravity more than anything, if memory serves. The MAKO in ME1 was supposed to be so bouncy due to an element zero core. Out of all potential concerns one could throw at Andromeda (and there are many), that is not one.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

One thing I always found odd about Biowhore is their desire to have commanding officers fuck their subordinates. Fucking Ash, Kaidon, the gay dude in ME3, and the ME3 communication officer would all be court-martial offenses. And fucking any of the rest would at the very minimum be unethical when they are under your command.

Bioware seems like they fight all the good SJW fights except military rape.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's used to bend gravity more than anything, if memory serves. The MAKO in ME1 was supposed to be so bouncy due to an element zero core. Out of all potential concerns one could throw at Andromeda (and there are many), that is not one.

My concerns are more about the super futuristic fuel cell powered vehicle sounding like an internal combustion engine, specifically one with 8 cylinders.

Referring to the video of course. My concerns with the game go far beyond that.

My concerns are more about the super futuristic fuel cell powered vehicle sounding like an internal combustion engine, specifically one with 8 cylinders.

Referring to the video of course. My concerns with the game go far beyond that.
Ah, yeah, fair enough. I'm mostly holding out hope that the gameplay might be decent ARPG/shooter stuff, because I have no confidence in the story. Given how flawed and stupid the basic concept is, the best the writers could do would be to salvage it for future games and I have no confidence that they could do that either.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Devs managed to create better looking alien romance options 15 years ago

s9Twv7x.jpg

HAL 9000

Literate

God damn, that voice is annoying.

Of all things I don't understand what problem you might have with that voice. Sounds like a typical Salarian and most probably is one. If you like Mordin, you should be used to that, and how can you not like him?

Now thinking of that, as it's going to be a banging simulator why not add a Salarian romance option, who cares about lore anyway, right?

pippin

there is a face in that thumbnail and it's the face i make when a new andromeda update is released

kris

Arcane
Only disabled non-binary trans-species genderfluid womyns of color allowed.

They would totally gone for this had it not been the issue of making money which is more important to the owners than their "writers" wish to put the above in.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom