Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Jarmaro

Liturgist
So... Another game without specializations or real classes? They're getting rid of everything, everything must be as universal as possible. Skyrim gave them a lesson and they have learned it. You've already seen class inventory in ME:A, you probably can change your class in any moment on the ship. Sounds like PlanetSide 2.

hajro

Arbiter
Hope there is a spear cause spergware isnt going to give us Penises cause they are tools for rape :troll:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
You see how do they advertise this game? Not much informations about plot or world, more about how many planets and crafting/exploration. That's bad sign.

Freddie

Savant

Interesting from MP and monetisation perspective. In ME3 consumables lasted entire single match. On Gold and Platinum difficulty they were pretty much necessary. Gold was in theory doable without them, but because enemies were such bullet sponges match could drag on for around hour so and that's with full 4 player squad.

To give some comparison. I used everything I had solo when I made Gold solo runs and clocked somewhere around 40 minutes IIRC (which were nowhere near the top times).

If this is what it looks like, this will be pretty damn bad for MP. Might be a huge risk too, like difference between product that have longevity due MP, or abandoned MP after 3 months.

pippin

It seems he's in charge of designing the game.
He's to Andromeda what JES was to New Vegas.

Expect the worst.

raesha

Educated
Hope this guy's design contributions don't extend to the writing.
It's pretty pointless to have any expectations on Bioware's writing. If playing it, just go in expecting a TPS with mmo style questing as the main draw rather than a good rpg.

It's very likely it'll all be on the same level as their most recent games.

Durian Eater

Learned
It's very likely it'll all be on the same level as their most recent games.

I don't know that they can be lumped together. Despite its flaws, the writing in ME3 was serviceable, which is more than I can say for the fanfiction-quality shit in the last two DAs.

Mr. Le Quirky being in charge hopefully doesn't mean that Bioware forgot ME is supposed to appeal to a general audience.

pippin

Still, people has been theorizing about the end of Bioware for years now. Their games must make some money after all...

raesha

Educated
If they sell a few million copies over it's lifetime sales EA will likely be keeping them around.

Bioware has never moved Bethesda sized sales numbers and both parties involved knows it, and they're given production and marketing budgets accordingly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom