Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

J1M

Arcane
600 years in future, I'm sure they can build AI
Actually, more like 10 years in future. They were sleeping 600 years, not researching technolpogies.

I thought only the pathfinders were asleep not the others
That would create a pretty fucked up society. Who would bow down to the authority of people that were frozen for 600 years? After that length of time, the society on the ship would probably have drained all the resources and unplugged the cryopods to defeat the patriarchy.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

That would create a pretty fucked up society. Who would bow down to the authority of people that were frozen for 600 years? After that length of time, the society on the ship would probably have drained all the resources and unplugged the cryopods to defeat the patriarchy.
That or have completely devolved and forgotten that they were on a colony ship at all. But then that'd be VD's colony ship RPG and Bioware is too lame to try an idea that cool.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
They said we will be invaders this time. I assume it's typical shit PR talk and we will simply live in the same galaxy, "conflicts" won't exist, Bioware wouldn't dare to give us true invasion, like killing others so we can live somewehere. They don't have balls to do that.

Severian Silk

That or have completely devolved and forgotten that they were on a colony ship at all. But then that'd be VD's colony ship RPG and Bioware is too lame to try an idea that cool.
VD's colony ship game is about Space Christians.

i am pretty sure if they have technology to travel through space for 600 years they also have good enough hdd to keep their questlog intact :lol:

Why are Bioware so utterly devoid of anyone with intelligence? This takes place before the first Mass Effect, so they make the ship and it's facilities and the rover look more cutting edge than anything the Normandy had :retarded: Why couldn't they have gone for a more interesting basic warts and all industrial functioning job on the ship, instead of sleek interiors and potted plants?

Also paint jobs on the (not)Mako to blend in with the background, what? Bright red and Blue!!! Fucking pimp my ride bullshit.

Also the logo is a penis.

The last Bioware game I bought was DA2 for the lulz to see how just how bad it was and even then I was insulted, for all the shitty retcons, joke characters and terrible banter, I had to endure horrible art direction, corridor cities of nothing and those dungeons. I just was replaying Witcher 3 with a new graphics card and I enjoy walking around the city of Novigrad just to look at the cobbles, the drains, different buildings and street furniture, fully populated by many characters. In that game it shows you grit and grime can be spectacular. But Bioware just go for more and more sleek 2 dimensional barely populated, photoshopped looking worlds, KOTOR had more characters and interaction than their recent fare.

I'm more excited about reading this thread than even touching the game, I hope it lives up to the Mass Effect 3, TORTANIC, DA2 threads. Rather than the Inquisition one, you see Bioware have become so predicable and bland, that they can't even make a road accident of a game worth looking at anymore. Even v/ couldn't be bothered to mock Inquisition and they don't look that interested in this offering either, guess it just seems like flogging a retard at this point.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Why are Bioware so utterly devoid of anyone with intelligence? This takes place before the first Mass Effect, so they make the ship and it's facilities and the rover look more cutting edge than anything the Normandy had :retarded:
This takes place more than half thousand years after mass effect. :lol:
I thought the ship was built betweenMass Effect 2 and 3 (which is what he was remarking on)

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Why are Bioware so utterly devoid of anyone with intelligence? This takes place before the first Mass Effect, so they make the ship and it's facilities and the rover look more cutting edge than anything the Normandy had :retarded: Why couldn't they have gone for a more interesting basic warts and all industrial functioning job on the ship, instead of sleek interiors and potted plants?

The ships launched circa ME2. The main reason its silly is not because of how sleek something may or may not look, it's because there's this privately funded colossal expedition to colonize another galaxy featuring all the council races on ships the size of space stations that can fuel and sustain their flight for centuries using hitherto unheard of technological breakthroughs which was not worth mentioning until this time. Nobody in Mass Effect 3 seemed to be aware that this gargantuan undertaking had been a thing. I'm praying they include at least some lipservice to the reapers being a motivation for this mission in secret, because at least publicly the Andromeda Initiative was just this random scientific thing they decided to do for some reason even though the Milky Way has barely been explored in the series (<1% is the figure given by the games).

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
Just watched #2 trailer or whatever. Nope. Sci-fi Mass Effect 1 is still gone. Alien sex simulator peppered with defeating a super evil guy is still here. Fuck this shit.

Deleted member 7219

I thought the trailer was boring, to be honest. At least the previous one was funny, with the retarded face animations. This one had nothing. Soulless nonsense.

Incest may be sufficiently degenerate, but you're forgetting one thing: it can still result in viable offspring. And that's taboo with SJWs.
Why don't you pair up with some tragically infertile/insane/black human instead, or have this wonderful talking space lizard fuck you in the ass so nobody will think you're racist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom