Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Walters also discussed Andromeda's "more youthful" and "adventurous" story and how the game has been purposefully designed with verticality in mind when it comes to the environments.

Jetpack, bad animations, "vertical exploration" - they forget to mention ELEX.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

GameSpot: I saw you responded on Twitter to some concerns people raised about the animation quality from the new trailer. Like you said, the game isn't done yet and you're always optimizing. What should people know about that process?

Mac Walters: Cinematics are very complicated, and have a lot of dependencies. The levels, characters, lighting… everything has to be at a certain point to allow cinematics to polish their work. As a downstream team, it means it's one of the last things to get polished, and something we work on up until the very end. Ultimately, as this was a gameplay trailer, we made the decision to show 'in-game' footage--not pre-rendered. But rest assured, it will look great by the time we ship. And we'll be sure to share more of the characters, stories, and cinematics before then.

Good grief, I hadn't seen this:

Why do the human faces look all soft and undefined? It's like this is Mass Effect meets The Sims. And those facial animations...they should not have even shown this.

Is there nothing about this game that won't disgust me?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Mass Effect: Clash of the Babies
More like "Mass Effect: Misshapen Mulatto Wars"

Ugh. Just look at them.

VYhkPNI.png

MSwR728.png

What a mess. I'd ask where Bioware's prorities were, but I think I already know. I can imagine the conversation the dev team had when creating them...

Dev: Make their skin darker. Not too dark. We want to subtly imply race mixing, not just make blacks.

Artist: Sir, I think we should focus on polishing the demo. The textures, the animations...I mean, her eyes go crosseyed and...

Dev: I said make their skin darker! Yeah. Now widen the nostrils. Yeah...​

sullynathan

Arcane
I really can't get over the fact that EA put Mac Walters as the head of this game. I mean, he was one half of the cause of the destruction of the last trilogy and EA just lets him head the new game in the series.

Zerginfestor

Learned
I don't get the entire fucking plot with this trainwreck. So they're going to the Galaxy Andromeda to colonize (Good luck getting any signal from the Milky Way in terms of messages and radios)...but at the same time there's already a fucking colony on the planet, but it obviously is barely populated...Wut? RAIDERS?! Why? How? The fuck is going on with that disarm scene? Why do the humans all look like they're 15 years old in their blech faces when their bodies are adults? What, does Tumblr get triggered if human characters have scars, worn-out features, stress features and wrinkles and thus they don't add it in? Jesus. These fucks look more like chimps than humans. Voice actor sounds bored as hell, just everything about this game feels like a mess, like different objectives all over the place.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Hey, Andromeda galaxy could have higher gravity so faces got a bit stretched. They got a galaxy to colonize and not spending days in beauty spa or go to plastic surgery.

sullynathan

Arcane
I don't get the entire fucking plot with this trainwreck. So they're going to the Galaxy Andromeda to colonize (Good luck getting any signal from the Milky Way in terms of messages and radios)...but at the same time there's already a fucking colony on the planet, but it obviously is barely populated...Wut? RAIDERS?! Why? How? The fuck is going on with that disarm scene? Why do the humans all look like they're 15 years old in their blech faces when their bodies are adults? What, does Tumblr get triggered if human characters have scars, worn-out features, stress features and wrinkles and thus they don't add it in? Jesus. These fucks look more like chimps than humans. Voice actor sounds bored as hell, just everything about this game feels like a mess, like different objectives all over the place.
They took a couple centuries to get there but your main character isn't woken until they're needed.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I really can't get over the fact that EA put Mac Walters as the head of this game. I mean, he was one half of the cause of the destruction of the last trilogy and EA just lets him head the new game in the series.

No, that was Casey Hudson.

Hudson was responsible for the shit ending, as far as I know, but Walters was the lead writer and responsible for shit like Kai Leng.

jaydee2k

Savant
I will suck dicks in this game day motherfucking one! Hope they animated the dripping cum in all his excellence.

jaydee2k

Savant
If I'm not grabbed by my cock by a male alien 10 seconds after the opening sequence I will uninstall.exe

imweasel

I don't get the entire fucking plot with this trainwreck. So they're going to the Galaxy Andromeda to colonize (Good luck getting any signal from the Milky Way in terms of messages and radios)...but at the same time there's already a fucking colony on the planet, but it obviously is barely populated...Wut? RAIDERS?! Why? How?
They must have also been on one of the arks that came from the Milky Way, but this group decided to become bandits for some reason as soon as they arrived in Andromeda.

Yeah, it is fucking stupid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom