Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Tytus

Arcane
E8kok0L.jpg

zPrLThC.jpg

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
While looking for that pic above I found this helpful ME3 guide:

5WJid.jpg

BTW I've fucked 5 of them in various play-throughs. Need to step up my game.

Its going to be a sad day when Biowhore gasps its last breath.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-...ironments-and-gameplay-at-ces-2017-next-week/

Mass Effect: Andromeda to tease 'environments and gameplay' at CES 2017 next week
As part of Nvidia's CES 2017 keynote.

The unveiling of BioWare's next Mass Effect instalment has been a relatively drawn out and unhurried process—complete with cinematic reveals, trailers worthy of analysis, and new alien races. Billed as the developer's "biggest game yet", a gameplay trailer of sorts landed at The Game Awards earlier this month, however a closer look at "environments and gameplay" is now expected at next week's CES 2017.

That's according to the Mass Effect official Twitter account who last night announced Andromeda will be showcased during Nvidia's CES keynote on Wednesday, January 4.

While not set in stone, hardware aficionado Matt Porter reckons Nvidia's GTX 1080 Ti GPU will be announced at CES—and if this is the case, I'd like to assume we'll see Andromeda powered by it in 4K.

In any event, our man Tuan will be on the floor at CES 2017 so be sure to check out his coverage on January 5-8.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Can't wait to see more zany action, hilariously spunky companions, and fully baked animations like that gun disarming maneuver.

DAI had the shiny skin problem too. She actually reminds me of Sera and I wonder if that was on purpose? Kinda looks like a goofy teenager.

Anyway, idk who Bioware is trying to appeal to anymore. I don't feel like dudes want to play as someone like that and the girls I know don't want to either. My femshep looked like redheaded space Barbie and I loved it.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
DAI had the shiny skin problem too. She actually reminds me of Sera and I wonder if that was on purpose? Kinda looks like a goofy teenager.

Anyway, idk who Bioware is trying to appeal to anymore. I don't feel like dudes want to play as someone like that and the girls I know don't want to either. My femshep looked like redheaded space Barbie and I loved it.
Udmurt space Jesus is bestest Jesus.

Tytus

Arcane
Mass Effect: Andromeda and South Park: The Fractured But Whole have been listed for March 31 and 30 release dates respectively by Microsoft.

On the official Xbox Live Rewards website, the games are both slated for March launches, though the dates stated could simply be placeholders.

It's worth noting that many of the dates listed on the Xbox Live Rewards page are one day earlier than the actual release date. For example, For Honor is listed for a February 13 launch, despite its official release date being February 14.

Modron

Arcane
Implying Biocucks didnt have shitty ditzy sperg character since fucking Baldurs gate
latest
Despite Bioware still allowing you to kill at least a couple possible companions in their games you have to suffer at least a few in their modern games; you cannot go solo/create an entire custom party because who would want to miss out on Biocuck's LGTBYOBBQ panoply of amazing characters TM.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...twitter-inadvertently-highlights-graphics-bug

Mass Effect official Twitter inadvertently highlights face "bug"
BioWare acknowledges moment has become "lightning rod".

Remember that moment in the last Mass Effect Andromeda trailer, when Sara Ryder disarms a turian but also sort of looks like she's stifling a sneeze?

Out of everything in the five minutes of footage, that particular moment was picked out by fans and widely criticised - on Twitter, Reddit, NeoGAF, and more.

So it was odd to see the official Mass Effect Twitter account revisit the moment, turn it into a GIF and broadcast it to its 600,000 followers yesterday evening:

I thought it was a strange thing to highlight - and so, it seems, did BioWare general manager Aaryn Flynn, who retweeted the official marketing message to apologise for the bug it shows.

In one response to a fan, Flynn acknowledged the moment had unfortunately become a "lightning rod" for continued criticism.

Flynn, game director Mac Walters and producer Mike Gamble all addressed the animation issue within hours of the trailer going live at The Game Awards back on 2nd December. Each assured fans that Andromeda's facial animations were still being worked upon as part of BioWare's final round of polish.

Why would BioWare highlight a moment that has caused it so much grief? It's likely the official Mass Effect account is operated - at least in part - by EA's own marketing machine. That's the same EA marketing machine which, over Christmas, accidentally revealed a little more than intended in the reflection of a bauble (yes, really) while promoting Madden. EA's marketing division was also criticised for its #justWW1things hashtag used to promote Battlefield 1 in October, for which the company later apologised. Perhaps whoever created that GIF hasn't been on NeoGAF lately.

In happier news, BioWare has a brand new Mass Effect Andromeda trailer due to be released this evening, as part of CES 2017's opening keynote. We're expecting it to drop around 6pm UK time. Here's hoping we finally see a release date...

Reinhardt

Arcane
Strong, funny and adventurous. From Bioware. I don't know which part scares me most.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom