Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Matt Chat 71: Bard's Tale Won't Hold Your Hand

Malachi

Liturgist
Blackadder said:
Dan_Bunten_f.jpg

big-colport.jpg

Very sly of the tranny to use a turtleneck to hide her masculine throat. SMA has taught us that a bobbing adam's apple is a tranny giveaway.

CrimHead

Scholar
Matt Chat is a p. cule dude. Love the intro. C64 music is so badass.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Love these games.

They are simplisitic dungeon crawlers, pretty challenging and tons of fighting mapping...but they have an atmosphere that just sucks me in...

Spent many summers playing these.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Sorry for necroing this thread but I had to comment two things:

1. "Burger" Heineman - there is one thing from the Dragon Wars manual that stood out and I still remember. Under the character creation section you could choose the characters' sex and it said something like "Sex: sometimes or never". Something like that. And I looked on "Burger" picture and though "sexually frustrated".
Werid...

2. BT3 was the best of the BT games? I remember being disappointed by the Amiga version, since monster no longer had any special attacks, like Withering, Poison, level drain and so forth. And there were no special or fixed encounters; only random ones. In fact I found it so generic and boring that I didn't even complete the first area, while I finished both 1 and 2.
Also, BT3 (at least on the Amiga) did away with encounter in real time, but still retained spell regeneration in real time. So you could stand still, regain spell points and cast healing spells at no risk. That was a step backwards compared to BT 1 and 2.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Radisshu said:
That Matt guy's manner of speech always annoys me.

That Matt guy's name already annoys me.

Also, this game is the reason why I always tend to choose 2 fighter types, a thief, a ranger/bard, a wizard and a sorcerer in my party in all games with a party size of 6.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom